Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Jan-20 06:12:31

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but misty and dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Back into my usual routine today , going to Bicester and Buckingham, small shops etc and coffees .
A few other things to sort out as well.
Mick

mumofmadboys Thu 02-Jan-20 06:30:49

Good morning all! Back to usual Thursday activities today. Table tennis first thing and bridge club tonight. Looking forward to it.

Scentia Thu 02-Jan-20 06:40:43

Good Morning all.
Back to work today after we have been off for 2 weeks. I am actually ready to go back as I don’t fair well when I am not in a routine.
Weather looks dry and cold here in East Staffordshire so I will walk the long way round to the factory. I still have no NY resolution so I figure I just must be 100% happy with my life?.
No idea which colour bin I need to put out today as all my days are out of sync!!

Hope everyone has a good day today.

ninathenana Thu 02-Jan-20 06:41:14

Morning Mick and mombs.

Too dark to see the weather in Kent
We are going out to lunch with friends who live in France, they are over spending time with family.
Not much else happening.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 02-Jan-20 06:42:16

Good Morning from a mild Black Country.

Normality reigns, as my partner is back to work. Almost 69 (February) and still working full time!

I need to jot down my thoughts on Mum today, as it is her 90th Birthday tomorrow, and we are having a big family meal on Saturday. I feel I need to say a few words on what a great Mum, Nan and Great Nan she is.

U3A monthly meeting this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a good day. Especially gilly Marydoll Dragonfly and Lins Also hoping NanKate and Urmston are feeling better today

NanKate Thu 02-Jan-20 06:44:10

Morning Mick Mumof and All to follow.

Dark and cold in South Bucks.

Still not back to my usual routine as the lurgy lingers on but is bit by bit ebbing away. I’m not a very good patient. Maybe a short walk in the fresh air will be good I do get cabin fever.

Special wishes to the poorly ones Maryand Gilly to start with. ?? and all the others feeling under par.

NanKate Thu 02-Jan-20 06:46:44

Thanks NannyJ.

What a lovely idea to express your love before all at the party for your Mum’s 90th, she will love it.

kittylester Thu 02-Jan-20 07:17:58

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is also too dark to assess the weather. The hall is still dry though!!

I am also pleased to be back into a routine. Our cleaner coming this morning (hope she brings a shovel!!) and I'm off to the butchers and Sainsbury's this morning and quite a bit of admin to catch up on this afternoon.

I haven't spotted a post from gillybob for a while - I hope all is going ok for her and for anyone else suffering at the moment.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 02-Jan-20 07:18:32

Good morning from east London, still dark outside, cloudy but not raining. Plans to see DD yesterday have been moved to today as she had forgot she was off to lunch with her DP’s family. Before that I’m playing tennis this morning, then DP is taking me to the carpet shop (full of treats that man) so we can pick another carpet for our bedroom. The first choice is not available until the end of Feb. and neither of us want to wait that long. DS is back off to Chichester later as he’s required at work but has put in a request for ‘the taxi’ to pick him up on Sunday and take him back again on the 15th before term starts. His rationale is that the trains are off for a few weeks and he needs to come back to see his new niece. Talk about wrapped around and little fingers. Have a good day.

Beechnut Thu 02-Jan-20 07:18:52

Good Morning everyone from a dark and dry Severnside.

Going out yesterday I had a Marydoll moment. My skirt tucked into my knickers. I laughed all the way to where I was going.

I hope poorly ones are well enough to have a laugh or even a smile today. I’m off to the dentist first thing and then plan to write letters.
?

BlueSapphire Thu 02-Jan-20 07:18:53

Good morning all from a dark and dry Northampton. It seemed an awfully long day yesterday, but at least I caught up with a load of stuff I'd recorded on tv.
Just put some washing in, then await a Sainsbury's delivery.
Will probably go to Waitrose this afternoon to pick up something I ordered from John Lewis.
Hoping all have good day.

Greyduster Thu 02-Jan-20 07:43:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dawn is just about breaking in South Yorkshire and it is dry. We are off later for an overnight stay with DS and DiL, as we have not seen them over Christmas. Hope the traffic on the motorway is light - we had our fill of motorways last week!! Have a good day folks.

cornergran Thu 02-Jan-20 07:47:37

Morning Mick, morning All. Very dark in our corner of Somerset, lols damp but not raining now. Still germy and miserable, less so I think, just wish I could find my head which seems to be hiding somewhere. Determined to do some cleaning this morning then may make it out for some air. Mr C is sure it will do me good. I suspect he wants to go for a coffee smile. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 02-Jan-20 07:47:48

I hope I can do her justice NanKate without going over the top!

NanKate Thu 02-Jan-20 08:09:56

It doesn’t matter NannyJ if you do go over the top, she will love it. Do keep a record of what you said for your family archives.

Alygran Thu 02-Jan-20 08:10:46

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Beautiful clear pink sky today.
Had a lovely lunch with my neighbours yesterday. They are so kind and supportive.
Taking the decorations down this morning. The boxes will have to stay in the spare bedroom until someone calls who can help me get them into the loft.
This afternoon I am taking a friend to see her husband who is back in hospital 35 miles away. Fortunately it’s not a bad journey and the traffic should be fairly quiet.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Brunette10 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:11:07

Good Morning from a damp Fife. Back to our routines this morning and I'm quite happy with that. All decorations have to come down and stored away for next time. Tidy up and generally a day in the house just the two of us. Feeling a bit better now so hopefully that will continue. Thinking of all those feeling bit poorly. Hope today is good to all.

DoraMarr Thu 02-Jan-20 08:14:28

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is dry, with a very pretty early morning sky, all pink and blue. I’m going for a walk with a friend this morning, then all my family are coming for lunch- seven adults, three toddlers and two babies. I must go over to Aldi and get some ciabatta rolls- we are having the minestrone I made yesterday. In shifts, probably. Then later I am meeting friends in a bar in Moseley. I don’t usually have such busy days!

EllanVannin Thu 02-Jan-20 08:14:52

Good Morning All x

So dark yet even at this time, I'll be ever so glad when the light mornings are here. I can spot a sunny sunrise in the distance so we may have dry and fine here again.

Must get the hoover on the go today as I haven't hoovered since last year.
Thank goodness an improvement in the 48hr lurgy with a much better night's sleep and less choking going on. Glad it was short-lived.

Did a beef and ginger casserole yesterday and had creamed potatoes, really enjoyed it seeing as my appetite went west, so the rest of the casserole heated today and peel some more potatoes----------who needs antibiotics ?

Just cat food needed today and a small loaf. Hardly any spending done this week, in fact it just shows what you can save if you try, then again I'd got enough food to feed an army so it'll last a while ( freezer of course )

I haven't got a calendar yet this year---I'm usually snowed under with them. Just a plain " office " one will do.

Hoping everyone is free from bugs etc and enjoying this ice-free weather. Thoughts to those who are struggling with problems or health worries. Keeping the Gillybob's in my thoughts xx.
Better day also to Dragonfly and Marydoll.

Pantglas2 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:19:06

Morning all from a lovely dry north Wales where I’ve just finished my yoga stretches and am half way through the chamberpot of tea!

DH is off to the surgery for MOT so I shall strip the tree and dust - hasn’t been done for 10 days and is quite obvious when we watch tv!

Hope all with left over lurgies feel better soon - so many of my friends have had miserable Christmas because of it and I’m hoping we escape this one! Can’t have DH ill before his hip op next month.

Yiayia4 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:23:52

Morning all still dark here in Surrey.
Like a lot of you on here the lurgy lingers on but not coughing so much so maybe the end is in sight!
Had a lazy day yesterday, watched films all day I really enjoyed Calender Girls again,DH cooked roast lamb so now will make mousaka with the rest.

A busy day ahead have our four GC for tea then the the older three staying the night,they will be happy to play on the PlayStation this evening but will get out the chess and dominos for a change.
Hope all that feel unwell soon feel better and everyone has a good Thursday.

Mommawolf Thu 02-Jan-20 08:26:18

Morning all its just getting light here in Norfolk. Looks dry. Late dogwalk this morning as all three refused to get out of bed. Then into the nearby town for shopping. Its market day so will treat myself to some plants to brighten the patio tubs until the spring bulbs show themselves. Hope all who are feeling unwell soon get better and that you had a good night GILLYBOB.

dragonfly46 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:26:51

Good morning from a dry Leicestershire.

DGC staying which is a treat although pleased their parents are with them as the little one, 22 months, seems to wake up every 2 hours in the night.

A walk to the playground today to run off some energy I think.

I hope Mary is feeling better, love to Gilly hoping she is still feeling upbeat.

Willynilly Thu 02-Jan-20 08:36:21

Good morning from a cold but dry East Midlands. A bit nippy standing in my pyjamas waiting for the puppy to have her first wee.
Well I didn’t think I’d sleep last night after watching Dracula! The OH (the b*gger) has a habit of scaring me senseless after we’ve watched something frightening so I was all on edge.
Decorations down today thank goodness! A bit of tidying up to do and then I’ll make a hearty stew.
Have a good day folks, hope those with the Kirby or other troubles have a restful day.

Willynilly Thu 02-Jan-20 08:36:59

Kirby? Grr predictive text. Lurgy not Kirby!