Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Motrning Friday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-Jan-20 06:12:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, easy day today.
Shop for basics , then nip into Banbury on the bus , and pay my membership fee for trips I go on to shows and breaks it gives me a discount on those trips ,and pays for itself in the end.
Mick

Calpurnia Fri 03-Jan-20 06:29:01

Good morning Mick and all to follow.

I think paying your membership today Mick is a lovely positive thing to do today. You will have a nice time planning and looking forward to your trips out throughout this year.

It is still very dark and chilly here in South Devon but the starry sky is clear.

I am going to Exeter this morning and hope to buy curtain fabric for my bedroom. Ready made ones are never the length I want and as the window is not large it will be an easy job to make them myself.

Hope today is peaceful for all of us going through difficult and sad times.

BlueSapphire Fri 03-Jan-20 06:43:38

Good morning Mick and Calpurnia and all to come. Dark and wet here in Northampton; it would be, wouldn't it, as I am off to the hairdressers this morning, and then a quick trip to Sainsbury's.
Had a phone call yesterday - it was the plumber to say he can start on my cloakroom next Wednesday, hooray! Had a massive leak from the cistern in September, so having everything ripped out and all new in. Have managed to get the cats into the cattery for the duration luckily - I had visions of them making a bid for freedom through doors left open by the workmen. Must make sure I've got a good supply of biscuits in!
Hope all have a good day.

Scentia Fri 03-Jan-20 06:48:21

Good Morning all.

It is wet and still so very dark here in East Staffordshire.

Only half a day at work today, I am easing myself back in after the long break!!

Off out to see DD as it is her 25th birthday tomorrow and I do like her to have her card in the morning. We are all going to a restaurant for lunch tomorrow to celebrate.
I can’t believe my baby will be 25 years old tomorrow. (I like to say she will be 300 months, she is my PLB after all?)

I will probably offer to have DGS whilst she does a shop as that is my favourite activity.

I am hoping that all to come have a good day planned and those feeling sad or poorly find at least one chance to smile today.?

Beechnut Fri 03-Jan-20 06:50:29

Good Morning Mick, Calpernia and all who follow from a dark and wet again Severnside.

Off to do a small shop today then take down the decorations as I didn’t do it yesterday. After posting my letters I strolled round to see my friend, her husband was still on holiday so it was nice to catch up with him. I don’t see him so often now that DH has passed away.

Later on I hoping to FaceTime with my American brother.

Here’s hoping for a good day and maybe a peep of gilly’s Friday girl ?

Grammaretto Fri 03-Jan-20 06:59:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's too dark to tell what the day will bring but we had a soaking yesterday.
We are going to the theatre tonight. An Edinburgh Christmas Carol.
I hope Gillybob managed to enjoy her birthday and that MaryDoll is feeling better.
Hope everyone has a good day.

NannyJan53 Fri 03-Jan-20 07:20:12

Good Morning from a mild but windy Black Country.

Today my dear Mum celebrates her 90th birthday! I will go over today and take her to lunch. Tomorrow is the get together with all the family.

Wishing everyone a good day, and hoping all who are unwell start to feel better. Best wishes to gilly flowers

cornergran Fri 03-Jan-20 07:20:27

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s been wet overnight in our corner of Somerset but the forecast is for dry weather and maybe a little sunshine later. Hoping for a short walk on the sea front to try to clear my germy head. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 03-Jan-20 07:32:06

Morning all from a damp North Leicestershire

DD3 and her 3 children are coming for the day today and possibly DS2 (without children) and DH is off out to do his volunteer driving.

Fillet steak with (left over) stilton sauce for tea then that's all the Christmas supplies gone.

Hoping gilly had a good day yesterday. Many happy returns to nannyjan's mum and I hope you feel better soon corner.

Marydoll Fri 03-Jan-20 07:38:21

Good morning all from Glasgow, it's only 4C and not likely to get much warmer.
It's been good to see new posters on here on this thread over the festive season.

I did take things easy yesterday ( no choice) and had a lovely surprise when DS2 and his new fiancée visited to show off future DIL's engagement ring. It has two diamonds and a very dark sapphire, beautiful.
She has good taste, wink my engagement ring has two dark sapphires and a diamond! grin We will get on well! ?

I spent most of the day working on end of the year admin for church, only to find that the online submission hadn't saved ?Usually it's done in Word, but the format has changed dramatically this year and is in Adobe format.
I'm very computer literate, but how on earth others, who aren't so IT savvy, managed is beyond me! ?
I have solved the problem, so back to the drawing board today to work on it! I would rather be watching rubbish on TV!!

Hoping that Gillybob had an unexpectedly good day for her birthday yesterday and Susan, Oldgajin, Kalu and Dragonfly are feeling a bit better. Apologies to anyone I have missed.

Brunette10 Fri 03-Jan-20 07:53:33

Good Morning to all from Fife, not sure how cold it is outside, just so cosy inside wink Have my Uncle coming through today from the West so will have a nice lunch with him (Roast Pork) and trimmings so looking forward to seeing him. Happy that it's getting back to very normal now. Hope those not so great are feeling a bit better and we all have a pleasant day.

Harris27 Fri 03-Jan-20 07:58:50

Back to work for me today as the nursery opened yesterday. Can’t really muster up enthusiasm for one day should of made my holiday longer but hey ho off I go will be fine once I’m there. Good Friday to all it’s very cold where we live could of just went back under the covers! Have a good Friday all!

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 03-Jan-20 08:14:19

Good morning from east London, the rain is back but it’s relatively mild. Debating about going to tennis this morning, got a few creaks from yesterday but often the best way to iron them out is by getting back on court. DD popping over this afternoon to check on the baby clothes we’ve been storing; last minute panic about having enough vests. Hopefully we’ll see GD as well as she’s due to be collected from her dad’s. Have a good day.

travelsafar Fri 03-Jan-20 08:15:03

Its grey wet and not very nice here today. Am off to my knitting group this morning, be nice to see everyone aftr the christmas break. I do feel like i may have the start of a cold coming..... DH had one last week so the odds are pretty high. Hopefully the walk in the fresh air will do me good and clear my head. Have a nice day everyone what ever is happening in your life.

Sar53 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:16:46

Good morning everyone from a damp, grey Essex by the sea. Shopping and admin today. DH will be working this morning.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:20:54

Good morning Mick and all x

Grey here in SE Essex.

Spent several hours in the Deliver Suite with DD and her partner last night, we all came home to try and get some sleep, which none of us managed. Going back in after cup of tea, DD is exhausted, so are we but as myself and her partner are only supporting and not giving birth we shall be ok. It’s awfully difficult to watch your D in pain, but she is looking forward to meeting her newborn.

Mr.Gravy is looking after GS who is beside himself with excitement at being a big brother. They will be off to Heathrow to pick up eldest GD this afternoon.

Wishing you all a peaceful day

Greyduster Fri 03-Jan-20 08:25:18

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A dry start in our county town this morning where we have been visiting DS and DiL. We had a very nice evening but it’s back down the motorway to home this morning. I will not miss the sofa bed!! Hope the traffic isn’t too heavy. Have a good day folks.

Nannytopsy Fri 03-Jan-20 08:30:09

Morning Mick and his followers! I hope everything goes smoothly for your DD today GrannyGravy. Exciting times!
A small shop and some paint samples today, then tidying up for visitors and builders on Monday.
It is raining at the moment but should brighten up later in Suffolk.
It’s Friday! Enjoy!

Resurgam123 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:34:58

Good Morning All. There are a lot of early birds here On GN particularly as I was up late.
Clear skies in Cheshire right now. Its getting on for 9am.

Curlywhirly Fri 03-Jan-20 08:35:58

Good morning all, the sun is just rising here in Madeira, looks like it will be another glorious sunshine day. It's my Birthday today, seems from this thread, that it is a popular day for Birthdays! We are off to try a Levada walk this morning, hope it's not too hot. Yesterday we got the cable car up to the top of Funchal, amazing views. We decided to come back down the traditional way - on a wicker sleigh, that is steered by two 'drivers' in white uniforms; well, it looked innocent enough, but it was blummin' terrifying! We set off down this really steep road (that has been polished to a hard shine by all the previous sleighs) and very quickly reached unbelievable speed, veering from side to side, nearly crashing into the walls on each side of the road. The only means of braking was the men using their rather thick soled shoes! I was petrified and very relieved when after 2k we finally arrived at our destination - never again, I'd rather take the cable car back next time!

Hope everyone has a lovely day, take care.

harrigran Fri 03-Jan-20 08:42:23

Good morning from an overcast NE.
DH already has the washer going so it will be a stay at home day.
Decided to watch the first Dracula episode last night, OMG it was scary. I used to love the films when I was a teenager and thought it would be just like them. The hairs on my arms and back of neck were standing on end. Note to self :- watch next episode on a morning.
Just about finished the Christmas food, probably some cheese left. Ate the smoked salmon with blinis and creme fraiche last night.
Kind thoughts for poorly people and those caring for poorly people.

aggie Fri 03-Jan-20 08:45:51

Good Morning all, dry and fairly bright this morning . It is a “nothing “ day for me , might walk round to the wee shop for the paper and milk , or maybe txt the grandsons to do it for me .
Activities restart next week thank goodness

SparklyGrandma Fri 03-Jan-20 08:48:30

Very dark and misty here in Wales, and it’s quarter to nine!

Good morning all. ?. Today some back treatment, after taking a parcel by mini cab to the post office.

Also seeing off the end of the Christmas cheese. Crackers and cheese for lunch again today, I think.

vena11 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:50:31

Good Morning from a wet Bristol.
Going to a 50th birthday lunch today so a lot of old work colleagues going so there will be a lot of chatter.
nannyjan53 I hope your mum has a lovely birthday and all who have birthdays today I hope you all have a lovely day.
GIllybob I hope you had a nice day yesterday and the family spoiled you.
Everyone I hope you all have a restful Friday.

Anniebach Fri 03-Jan-20 08:51:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x