Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Sat 18-Jan-20 06:18:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark , but dry start today here in Brackley this morning, maybe colder as well.
Saturday will the bus trip to Buckingham and then Bicester to browse and shop, plus have a coffee or two.
This route to Buckingham is very sociable as the villages on the route those villagers will talk and share conversation on the bus.
Also hoping they have flea market on as well in Buckingham.
Mick

cornergran Sat 18-Jan-20 06:25:46

Morning Mick, Morning All. Very dark and colder in our corner of Somerset. Looks dry although there has been some overnight rain. Enjoy your day mick, a social day by the sound of it. Awake at silly o’clock, just bunged up so better sitting. Not sure what today will bring here. Possibly a garden centre this afternoon, suspect I’ll go back to sleep soon. Thinking of all with health and other worries and hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Sat 18-Jan-20 06:50:18

Good morning Mick & Corner and all to come. Awake too early thanks to the cat. Still have the moon and stars here in Suffolk so I know it’s clear. Colder too. We are going to the Snowdrop Fair today, after I got the dates wrong last weekend.
Hope Saturday is good to you all.

Kalu Sat 18-Jan-20 06:59:17

Good morning Mick and cornergran and all to follow. Still very dark here in Glasgow but mild and dry.

What a lovely day we had at the Glasgow Meet-up yesterday. So nice to put faces to names and share some time together.

So sure we were out of the woods with this bug we have had since Christmas Eve. DH finished his course of antibacs, big improvement but this morning feels yucky again. Sod’s law it’s the weekend but will phone surgery for a second course which hopefully do the trick. And, it’s his birthday today too, poor thing. Birthday plans on hold until he recovers. A day for spoiling him I think.

A day at a flea market and a coffee or two is something I would really enjoy Mick. Hope you have a good time.

Hoping you have a gentle day as you share your results with your DD oldgaijin. Love to you both.

Wishing a pleasant day to all and healing vibes to our not so well friends.

vena11 Sat 18-Jan-20 07:18:50

Good morning from a frosty Bristol, cars are all white with frost.
Silly o clock for me too corner I think I woke up every half hour thorough out the night so there is no point in staying in bed.
No real plans for today, if it stays dry a long walk somewhere.
I hope everyone with ills feel a bit better today and all have a lovely Saturday.

kittylester Sat 18-Jan-20 07:25:09

Morning all from chilly North Leicestershire. It is dgs4's 8th birthday today so we are off to babysit his younger brother while he has a climbing party with his friends.

Sending healing and happy thoughts to all who need them.

Mapleleaf Sat 18-Jan-20 07:27:12

Good morning all,

It's a clear, cold morning here, feeling quite frosty. I think we are going to have a brighter day than yesterday.

Usual chores to do today at some point - supermarket shop, etc. Might pop out for some lunch somewhere if we feel like it.

Hope you all have a good day, and those of you unwell or with worries feel a bit better today.

Enjoy your trip out, mick.

NanKate Sat 18-Jan-20 07:32:09

Morning Mick and All.

Enjoy your sociable bus trip Mick and your snowdrops Nannyt.

I have to admit I rather overdid my spending on my first shopping trip of the year yesterday and Mary you must take a bit of the blame for encouraging me ?. I suggested my DH go off on his own whilst I did some window shopping, well I felt drawn into the shoe shop where as well as a sale they had a further 20% reduction, how could I resist? Half an hour later I came out with a lovely sort of metallic type shoe and in addition, now wait for it, I bought a pair of lace ups which resembled Teddy Boy shoes of the 1950s !!! They are black suede at the side and round the toe and faux leopard skin on top. I think they look fab I can’t imagine what my grandsons will say! And I bought a mascara and a purple pen for £1.00. On returning home I found a jacket I had ordered had also arrived, now I partly blame Kitty for this as she recommended Kettlewell to me. Confession over.

A quiet day expected in a cold sunny South Bucks.

Scentia Sat 18-Jan-20 07:32:52

Good Morning all from a clear and what looks like chilly East Staffordshire.

Off to collect my FiL from his home this morning to take him for an eye test as he has been saying he can’t see with the glasses he was prescribed just 6 months ago.

I have a lot to do in my garden and will probably make a start this afternoon, I am changing whole garden this year and growing our own vegetables. Never grown vegetables before so it will be a season of learning for me.
Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

dragonfly46 Sat 18-Jan-20 07:34:38

Good morning, as kitty says very cold here in Leicestershire but going to be bright later.

Feeling chipper this morning as chemo went better than expected yesterday. After effects may kick in in a day or two so will pop down to M & S and stock up.

Hope all who are still unwell feel better soon and those in the sunshine enjoy,

Susan56 Sat 18-Jan-20 07:34:55

Good morning from West Wales.
We had a lovely day yesterday.We are taking the children to the beach this morning?then lunch out with the family then the long journey home.
Hope everyone with health and other worries are feeling better today and wishing all a good day.

Mommawolf Sat 18-Jan-20 07:52:27

Goodmorning all from a cold and clear norfolk. Just back from dog walk,,I had forgotten that terriers don't have off buttons am feeling my 74 years, neeed tea, lots of it. The little dog is only 4months old and learned a valuable lesson yesterday, he harassed our huskey when she was trying to sleep. Result, I went to put bits in bin to be passed by huskey with pup in mouth, strolled across garden and dropped pup in the pond. Believe me Huskies can smile the look on Nanooks face was pure joy. When we stopped laughing DH bathed pup who now treats Doggie Grandma with a bit more respect. Have a good day everyone my thoughts with you OLDGAIJIN.

Beechnut Sat 18-Jan-20 07:54:17

Good Morning from a frosty Severnside. The car roof looks very pretty from the bedroom window.

I bought a small ladder and some steak knives yesterday.....who can I blame ?

No plans for today, just see what happens.

Take care everyone ?

Ginny42 Sat 18-Jan-20 07:55:31

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's not as cold as I expected in Cheshire after seeing frost on the roofs around 4,00 yesterday afternoon. Some warmer air must have come from somewhere.

Yesterday's shopping trip for my friend turned into a mini drama. I picked up a ready meal which someone had opened and got gravy all down my coat and bags. Staff helped to clean me up. I'd got through the tills when I noticed staining on the underside of the box of eggs and as I lifted it out of the bag, two eggs shot out and landed on the floor. They were very kind about it! I know, not fit to be let out springs to mind!

Going to the hairdresser's today and no dramas I hope. Would love to be going to the snowdrop fair nannytopsy. I have a notion to redesign my garden too scentia, so may go and talk to the designers at the garden centre.

Special thoughts to oldgaijin, the gillybobs and all with health worries. Glad your day was better than anticipated dragonfly. Take care of yourselves everyone.

Beechnut Sat 18-Jan-20 07:55:33

Mommawolf ????

Kalu Sat 18-Jan-20 08:00:28

So pleased to hear you are feeling chipper Dragonfly. May it continue and no after affects materialise. ?

Marydoll Sat 18-Jan-20 08:00:45

Good morning all from Glasgow. I haven't a clue what the weather is like, as I'm still in bed, very unlike me.
Yesterday's day in Glasgow has left me done in , but it was worth it. What a lovely bunch of ladies.

We had such a happy meet up yesterday. There were eleven of us, not quite overtaking the Edinburgh gang in numbers yet, but we only had five the last time! ? Onwards and upwards!
There are a couple of photos on the Glesca Grannies thread, if you want a peak.

NanKate, you besom!!! I spent so much time looking for a new electric toothbrush and things for DH, yesterday that I had no time to shop.?
The shoes sound fab. Can you please post a picture?

We have a wedding dress fitting and a meeting with the florist today. I'm feel like I'm on a runaway train. However, my new future DIL has come up trumps with her support and is taking on some of the load. ? She has four married sisters and helped plan all their weddings, she has offered some interesting tips and ideas!

Safe journey home, Susan, Kalu, that's a shame about your husband and I'm relieved to hear all went well, Dragonfly.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Folkestone78 Sat 18-Jan-20 08:02:30

Good morning everyone, thank you to all who post on here it feels like being part of a group of friends. Frost day here inWarwickshire , hoping togo to garden centre for winter pansies or primula to make garden look cheerful.

Wishing everyone a good day, take care ?

Brunette10 Sat 18-Jan-20 08:09:53

Good Morning from Fife, it looks not too bad out this morning, let's hope it turns out a nice day. Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the Glasgow day out yesterday, as I said would have been there if it had been a different day, would have liked to have met all the newbies, no matter can't get everything in life wink Thinking about Oldgaijin and every else feeling poorly and with troubles. Have a visit to the beauticians this morning if they are still called that. Feeling a tad better than of late so glad of that. Heads up high everyone - enjoy your day.

Curlywhirly Sat 18-Jan-20 08:10:52

Good morning all. Oh Mommawolf, just loved your story, made me smile! Pity you didn't film it!

Lovely to hear the Glasgow meetup was a success, sounds (and looks) like you all had a good time.

Have a good day everyone.

Yiayia4 Sat 18-Jan-20 08:23:02

Good morning from a very frosty but sunny Surrey.
Feeling good after a very fraught few days!

We are taking our youngest GS to Bushy Park this morning he loves the deer and the hot chocolate in the cafe.
Thinking of you Oldgaijin

Grammaretto Sat 18-Jan-20 08:30:15

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where the sky is a sort of pinkish grey.

It was so nice being with the lovely Glesgow Grans in their lively city yesterday. The bus through from Edinburgh was very smooth and free Thanks Marydoll for coming up trumps as usual. We toasted you Gillybob
although I think I was the only one drinking wine - medicinal naturally!

Sounds like your bus outing is just what's needed Mick
Mommawolf grin photos?
Happy to hear your day went well Dragonfly
Get well thoughts directed at Oldgaijin and Gilly and all who need them.

I've baked a cake for the coffee morning and am ahread of myself, so bouyed by the GN meet yesterday!

Marydoll Sat 18-Jan-20 08:36:57

Grammaretto, there was another, who shall remain anonymous! ?
I was quite jealous?, I would certainly have joined you ? if I had been allowed!!!

Lins1066 Sat 18-Jan-20 08:42:04

Good morning Mick and all from the S Welsh coast. Just peeped out and the sky is clear and it is a frosty scene. The weather yesterday was so wet and we had hail in the afternoon. DH had an awful drive home from having the car serviced what with the weather and the traffic.
Hoping for a walk and a coffee with DD today, it will be nice to hear about her week.
Glad the Glasgow Gran's enjoyed their meet up yesterday.
I am pleased that dragonfly is feeling ok and hope that continues. Good to hear that you all enjoyed ' Christmas' Susan, safe journey home.
Have a pleasant day everyone, will be thinking of oldgajin and her daughter.

Lins1066 Sat 18-Jan-20 08:44:11

Grans ?