Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-Jan-20 06:10:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks cold and dry outside this morning in Brackley .
Usual Housework , and then bus trips out, doing my social meets with some I have met through a bus route.
Coffees and shopping in a small amounts.
In both Buckingham ,and Bicester.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 28-Jan-20 06:24:57

Good Morning Mick and all who follow. It dark and damp on Severnside and doesn’t feel that cold.

Home working day for me.

I hope you all have a good day ?

Beechnut Tue 28-Jan-20 06:30:42

Belated birthday wishes to Harris ?

Gingster I can’t say I really enjoyed The Favourite. Historical stuff is not really my thing. I chose it because I want to watch some newly released films but I wait until the library has them.

Sark Tue 28-Jan-20 06:34:31

Good Morning everyone
Chilly morning in Oxfordshire.
Enjoy your coffees Mick
I am very fed up with this lurgy...3 weeks now of sore throat and coughing.
Wishing everyone a good day and thinking of all who are poorly or sad

Scentia Tue 28-Jan-20 06:43:40

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire

There is snow just a few miles from me so I am getting excited. I love the white stuff❄️⛄️❄️☃️

First morning in months I have woken up and not felt like I have a cold!

Normal work day for me, then babysitting this evening whilst DD goes to running club. My favourite day today, I love getting to bath and put my GS to bed❤️
Hope you all have the best day you can today.x

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 28-Jan-20 06:50:36

Good morning from east London, dry and clear at the moment; been lying in bed watching the wisps of cloud float through the sky with plane lights from City airport twinkling amongst them. That can count as my morning meditation before I leap into life. DP’s back is really playing up, he’s now been given painkillers by the doc and told to keep exercising. I feel like taking his Fitbit off him as he’s moaning about not keeping up with his ‘steps’. Problem is he’s not a good patient and I’m not very patient. I have a little list of things to do for him like arranging some flowers for the funeral and going to the bank to pay a cheque into late BiL’s account. I’m baking a couple of cakes today, fruit and gingerbread, for the wake and as there’s no jigsaw on the go, I shouldn’t burn them. Book club this evening, Middle England, Jonathan Coe, and I need to refresh my recollection of it as it’s ages since I read it. Hope you have a good day.

cornergran Tue 28-Jan-20 07:16:16

Morning Mick, Morning All. Dark and cold in our corner of Somerset. Heavy rain in the night combined with cramp and a coughing Mr C ensured little sleep for me. Doesn’t bode well for our guests hmm. Quiet morning planned before lunch out and a garden centre then a traditional tea back here. Easy enough but I’m dreading the day. Oh well, worse things in the world. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone, especially those with health and other worries.

conor Tue 28-Jan-20 07:20:51

Good morning from a brightening Essex. Awaiting DGSs for breakfast and school/nursery run. Supermarket shop then my school volunteering and yoga this evening. Hope the snow has not settled further North. OK if you like it but not me! Have a good day everyone xxx

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Jan-20 07:38:16

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Looks very cold outside here in SE Essex.

Sorting out a bedroom this morning before the wardrobes are fitted next week.

Keep warm and safe "Goodmorningers"

kittylester Tue 28-Jan-20 07:39:54

Morning all from a North Leicestershire that is sort of average. Is it wrong of me to wish for lots of rain to test the repaired roof?

Audiologist with dh this morning, lunch with DD3 and her partner at a pub in their village and then Alzheimers carer's course this afternoon.

I hope you have a good day corner.

Love and hugs to all those in need of them.

Alygran Tue 28-Jan-20 07:49:38

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dry and a bit cloudy so far.
Busy volunteering day today. Hosting a parents group this morning then some admin later. Hoping to fit a walk in to keep up with the step challenge for the week.
Hope everyone has a good day.

ninathenana Tue 28-Jan-20 08:00:56

Good morning everyone.
The sun is sitting on the horizon and there is blue sky and peach coloured clouds here in Kent.
Food shop and then getting my nails done by a lady who works from home and comes highly recommended. I hope I can find her house.
Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 28-Jan-20 08:01:22

Morning Mick and all his followers.
Cloudless sky in Suffolk but with a cool wind. (Not that I have been out of bed yet, but the bedroom window is open!)
Garden centre today for fabric to stabilise our bank before we plant ground cover. DH on two kinds of antibiotics which are interfering with his tummy and his sleep so it may be a slow start to the day!
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Tue 28-Jan-20 08:02:55

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow. Snow ❄⛄. forecast for us today, I hope it doesn't come to anything. sad

Busy day today. I have yet another hospital appointment, but we also have DGD too.
DH will do the nursery run at lunch time, drop DGD at my sister in law's, then come back for me. The timing is all quite tight!!
I would drive myself, but the hospital is at the top of a big hill and parking will be nigh on impossible, so DH will drop me off., as I have a cardiac appointment, and we don't want to raise my BP any higher. grin

Have a good day everyone. I hope all goes well for your guests' visit , Corner.

Ginny42 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:05:44

Good morning everyone. Not feeling too clever this morning and trying to decide whether the usual walk with the neighbours will be a good thing or not. It's poured with rain all night in my corner of Cheshire, but it doesn't seem particularly cold.

I don't have anything to do till this evening, but it's quite a drive to my meeting and in the rain and the dark it's not pleasant, so may give that a miss.

I feel a bit of a charlatan when I think of the really poorly. Hope all are feeling better.

NanKate Tue 28-Jan-20 08:06:12

Good Morning Mick and All.

Bright clear day in South Bucks hooray ?

Awaiting a Doctor’s phone call today to discuss my thyroid management.

When you have the time and the energy Mary it would be good to read one of your ‘threatened’ novellas. They keep me laughing all day.

Gingster Tue 28-Jan-20 08:06:31

A brighter morning here on the Suffolk coast, after last nights deluge. The rain was hammering down and drowning out the TV. After a leisurely breakfast, we will take the pooch out for a run along the beach. She loves to chase her ball but never brings it back and always dumps it in the sea. Beechnut - I was interested to see you didn’t really enjoy The Favourite. I saw it at the cinema and really didn’t like it . There were some strange screeching sounds in it too - did you hear that or was it just our film breaking up? Going to see David Copperfield and 1917 this week. Has anyone seen either or both? A good day to all.

Susan56 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:10:21

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Had a lot of rain overnight but seems to have stopped now.
I am going for afternoon tea with our eldest daughter today.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Tue 28-Jan-20 08:14:36

Good morning from a cold and windy NE.
Awaiting a delivery today so will probably stay at home.
I have been watching quite a lot of Netflix this winter, watched the complete season of Messiah over the weekend.
Waiting for news of cousin who was admitted to hospital for the third time in a week.
Best wishes to all on the sick list.

DoraMarr Tue 28-Jan-20 08:18:16

Good morning from Birmingham, where there is a lovely morning sky, with high clouds and a touch of gold still on the eastern horizon. I’ll have a walk in the park while it is still dry, then after lunch I’ll take my car for a service. I’m hoping it won’t need new rear tyres just yet.
I was reminiscing with my three year old grandaughter while waiting for my coffee yesterday, as I had lifted her up to watch the barista at work. “I used to use a coffee machine like that when I worked in a cafe in Rome.” I said. “Perhaps when you grow up you will live in a different country.” “ Yes,” she said, holding me tighter, “but will you come with me?”

Grammaretto Tue 28-Jan-20 08:18:32

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The fields are white with frost but no snow yet.
I have catching up to do after the visitor filled weekend. I think we overdid it. DH is still asleep which is unheard of. His DM phoned to ask after him!
Sending best wishes to corner , to MaryDoll , Gilly, Oldgaijin and all who are struggling.

NannyJan53 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:24:36

Good Morning from a bright and very cold Black Country.

Meeting friends in Birmingham today for brunch. Then I may have a mooch round the shops later, before catching train home before the rush hour!

Wishing everyone a good day, especially gilly Oldgaijin dragonfly and Mary and anyone else feeling down or poorly.

Pantglas2 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:28:03

Morning all from a now dry and bright north Wales where we too had torrential rain in the night.

I’ve seen 1917 Gingster and wasn’t overly impressed but I’m not really into war films so not the best person to ask. I’m off to see ‘Sorry we missed you’ this evening with DD as DH not a fan of what he calls my social conscience films! Will treat us to fish and chip supper as well to save me cooking!

Looks like the sick bay is emptying gradually although Ginny42 looks like she’s forming an orderly queue for the next admissions! Hope it doesn’t develop Ginny!

Have a good day everyone x

gillybob Tue 28-Jan-20 08:29:55

Good morning from the NE coast.

My DH was very poorly on Sunday and was rushed back into hospital in the early hours of Monday following my 999 call.

Nothing much more to say right now.

Thinking of those who are unwell.

Love Gillybob x

Pantglas2 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:31:52

Fingers crossed Gillybob that it’s something they can fix quickly and he’s back with you soon x