Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kind, caring and sharing kitchen.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 01-Feb-20 15:03:09

Here we are again. Happy as can be...all good pals and jolly good company.

Whatever we need to share...feel free to join in. cupcake wine brew flowers smile sunshine

kittylester Tue 04-Feb-20 12:39:28

maw You look out for strange things in the back of your knicker drawer!!

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 13:08:43

kitty grin Made me chuckle.

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 13:19:07

Galen Another historic moment. Us lot are chuffed for you. How about adding sliced avocado to your meal. It's very good for you.
As for that man in the cupboard...words fail me...and that's a first. wink

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 13:29:02

Urmstongran, callgirl1,*dragonfly*, Maw, annsixty and all of our Granspals dealing with stress right now...kind thoughta and good wishes. sunshine

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 13:34:20

Kind thoughts. Sorry!

Izabella Thank you for yet another interesting post.

Sun is shining but it remains very blustery. A caravan that has lived close to the seashore for a very long time, has been badly damaged, it appeared that a recovery vehicle was at hand. As we motored home, an otter strolled across the road from the nearby beach. A lovely creature.

Synonymous Tue 04-Feb-20 14:08:02

soop really pleased to hear you are pain free, just take care not to do too much as it is so easy at this point. Teddy looks totally scrumptious, such lovely big eyes!

Such beautiful photos and as has already been said the photo with the swans is definitely a prize winner.

Oh my goodness callgirl you have so much to deal with atm, keeping you in our prayers.
Dear Morethan you too. Look after yourself while you are so busy with the family.

Annsixty are you taking plenty of vitD3? You sound as if you need a hefty dose. (((hugs))) I know what you mean about loneliness even when you have company and you can often feel most alone in a crowd. flowers

Izabella you are a real wordsmith, I love to read your posts. I hope you are trying to eat the very best food that you can as it will help. X

I am sorry if I have missed you out but be assured I am TOYA flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers

Spring is so nearly here, the snowdrops are stunning and I am so pleased to see my winter aconites coming through as I have had such a struggle to get them to grow. I have bought another pot full thinking they were not coming back so I will just pop them in where we can see them from a window; you never know I may end up with a golden carpet one day and it won't need shampooing either - fresh every spring! smile

Urmstongran Tue 04-Feb-20 14:11:16

Thank you kitty.

I loved the cartoon Maw! Spot on with how I’m feeling about cleaning of late. My mantra seems to be “don’t look Ethel!”

Anneliese63 Tue 04-Feb-20 15:20:48

Thank you Charleygirl for thinking of me! I still visit the kitchen, and a few other threads, but very rarely post. Two months ago we had a succession of problems, and DH was in despair. But things have settled, although this hateful disease is causing his muscles to weaken more and more, almost daily. He has started weekly visits to the day unit at our local hospice, although it was something he really didn’t want to do. At first he wanted me to stay with him, but last week I left him for an hour, and I’m hoping as he gets used to things there, he will go on his own. He is so very dependant on me, and although he knows I will always be there for him, it will do him good to mix with other people.

GN has been a very sad place recently, so I’m glad that there has been more fun in the kitchen over the last two days. But I’m thinking of everyone with worries, and sending my best wishes to you all. TOYA thanks thanks

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 15:54:32

Anneliese Thank you for taking the time to update us. Please, never feel that you can't talk to us lot about anything that worries or pleases you. It's what we're here for. flowers

chicken Any news of Baker?

Synonymous Winter aconites are magical wee flowers. Wouldn't it be fitting if one day you are blest with the golden carpet you deserve.

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 15:55:10

A wee pile of ironing awaits. Back with you again later.

Charleygirl5 Tue 04-Feb-20 15:55:57

Anneliese your DH and that ghastly disease have been on my mind because I am well aware how swiftly it can get a grip.
I agree it is good for your DH to meet other people- apart from the minor fact you also need some "me" time knowing he is being cared for while you have a cup of coffee somewhere while watching the world drift by.

TOYA

chicken Tue 04-Feb-20 16:06:17

soop---thank you for caring. No good news I'm afraid. Baker isn't showing any signs of improvement. His airways are totally bunged up so he can't eat. The vets are flummoxed---it looks as if he has cat flu plus something else unknown. They might try the endoscopy tomorrow IF he seems strong enough, but they are sounding pessimistic. We are so sad.

dragonfly46 Tue 04-Feb-20 16:20:37

Good to hear from you Annaliese. I have been wondering how you were getting on and tried to message you but forgot the 63 on your name.

Sorry to hear aboutBaker chicken.

Anneliese63 Tue 04-Feb-20 16:21:16

Thank you soop. I am very much a ‘glass half full’ person, so I don’t like dwelling on all the worries.

Charleygirl you are so right. I do need some me time. It occurred to me when I left him at the hospice last week that I haven’t been on my own in our home since DH was diagnosed in April! That’s hard for me as I was an only child, and a bit of a bookworm, so I have always needed to have a little time to chill on my own!

chicken I am so sorry that you don’t have better news of Baker. It’s so hard when our beloved pets are so ill.

Anneliese63 Tue 04-Feb-20 16:40:25

Thank you dragonfly. I’ve read your posts, and have been thinking about you as you cope with your treatment.

Galen Tue 04-Feb-20 16:42:14

Annaliese
I can sympathise with you. I remember what it was like.
My thoughts are with you

Anneliese63 Tue 04-Feb-20 16:56:47

Thank you Galen. I didn’t know you had been through the same thing.

I’m glad to hear that you have heat again! One of our many recent problems was a faulty central heating pump, so although the boiler was working, the radiators weren’t getting hot. This was over New Year, and our lovely heating man was on holiday! I do so hate the cold!

callgirl1 Tue 04-Feb-20 17:17:15

Thank you for all the good wishes regarding my son. He`s a bit more chipper today, but like he says, it`s easy for people to say think positive, not so easy when you`re the one with the worries.
Nice to see you back in the kitchen Anneliese, if you get a little "me" time, make sure you enjoy it.
I had a phone call a few minutes ago from the people who delivered Lynne`s chair yesterday, asking for my opinion of the service I received. I told them no complaints until I asked them to take the other chair to the garage. His reply? I`m not supposed to ask them to do more than we paid for! I thought that for £90 for 5 minutes work, another 5 minutes wouldn`t have hurt them, obviously I thought wrong, silly me.
Galen, good to hear that you`re warm again, what did you finally decide on to eat?
Soop, I hope that caravan wasn`t occupied? There are quite a few odd caravans right next to the sea along that road, aren`t there? I would love to have seen the otter, our David saw one in the sea at Muasdale a few years back, but I missed it.
To all with illnesses and worries, TOYA x

soop Tue 04-Feb-20 17:27:05

Log off time yet again. After pal's ironing in the morning, i shall call in to have a chat with you all.

chicken I shall send you a personal message.

smile moon

Charleygirl5 Tue 04-Feb-20 18:31:58

chicken I am so sorry to hear about Baker. I love cats and dogs but because of mobility problems, I can really only look after a cat, hence Tara who is resting her eyes as I write. It is an exhausting day doing little.
TOYA

chicken Tue 04-Feb-20 18:55:22

Thank you Charleygirl5. We're still hoping and praying.

I love reading about the kitcheners cats; I feel I know them, your Tara and Anne's Molly. If I come back to a new life, I'm choosing to be a pampered and well loved cat, a soft bed, food on demand and lots of cuddles.

Anneliese63 Tue 04-Feb-20 21:17:44

callgirl I am so disappointed with the service we seem to get these days. How much trouble would it have been for them to move that chair? We may have the same problem as DH currently sits in our old recliner, but really needs a riser as it’s getting hard for him to stand up. DS and SIL both will be at work and don’t live that near anyway so I’ve no idea how we will manage to move things!

It’s good that your DS is feeling brighter today.

callgirl1 Tue 04-Feb-20 21:49:24

I sincerely hope that you get a kinder delivery man Annaliese. I did move her other rise and recline chair from it`s position across to the other side of the room, so the space would be there when they arrived. It took me half an hour, and buggered my back, knees and shoulders up for the rest of the day. Those risers are HEAVY!!

Charleygirl5 Tue 04-Feb-20 22:12:07

Before I buy any furniture nowadays the first thing I do is to negotiate the removal of whatever, first. No removal at a reasonable cost, no sale. Gone are the days when I can heave eg a washing machine around a room etc.

MawB Tue 04-Feb-20 22:18:10

Callgirl that is appalling.
Two years ago I bought 2 new sofas from a lovely company in Wales who I think charged £30 delivery, including unwrapping, checking etc, and removing the existing sofas and stacking them one on top of the other on the drive for the council to take away (£40)

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion