Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-Feb-20 06:13:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, having a nice quiet day today .
Will watch some cycling on TV later , Yesterday, my favourite stall holder at the flea market was not at Buckingham yesterday mind you blustery conditions as many of stalls have no canopy as to cover.
Mick

Beechnut Sun 02-Feb-20 06:25:32

Good Morning Mick and all who follow from a dark and wet Severnside.

I went off to look at furniture yesterday and bought....some faggots ?

I planted some daffodils outside the kitchen window and tried to do some sorting out of things. Much the same with that today and making something in the slow cooker for later.

I hope you all have the best day you can ?

Mommawolf Sun 02-Feb-20 06:40:46

Goodmorning all from a very still dry Norfolk. High wind forecast later so first job when light will be to secure the animals and check fences after last night's gale. We are all having lunch with my sister then a peaceful day in the warm. Hope your DH is lmproving GILLYBOB I am disgusted with the NHS. Have a peaceful day everyone.

QuaintIrene Sun 02-Feb-20 06:50:26

Good morning everyone. West Yorkshire is wet and windy. I have been up all night with a failing elderly cat. Seriously thought every breath was her last. Now, little cat has perked up and I am shattered.
Going to make a drink and think about showering before I doze off !
Going to order my shopping online later. Eek. New to all this but if it saves me trailing to the supermarket I shall be pleased.
Enjoy your day, folks and hope anyone troubled or ill feels better soon ?

Sark Sun 02-Feb-20 07:19:46

Good Morning everyone.
DH has just brought me up a lovely mug of 'builders' tea and will probably bring me a little bit of breakfast soon. He has done this every Sunday for 30 years bless him - it's the little things that count I think.
Hope the fencing is ok mommawolf
Sounds like a bad night quaintirene so hope you get some sleep now.
Have a good day and thinking of all on the sick or struggling list.

Sark Sun 02-Feb-20 07:24:00

beechnut ....faggots!! Bit cheaper than new furniture I suppose!

Ginny42 Sun 02-Feb-20 07:37:44

Good morning Mick and everyone. Slept in this morning till almost 7.00. Back in bed with mug of tea as it's dark and damp outside in Cheshire. Wind seems to have dropped though. Think the birds have slept in this morning as only one lone chirp out there.

sark builders' tea made me smile as I had a builder once who wanted his tea weak and in a white mug. No colour. Breakfast in bed for 30 years- wow, is that a record?

I'm going to a family birthday lunch today. BiL and niece share a birthday.

Thinking of Gillybob and sending get well wishes to all on the sick list. Special thoughts of oldgaijin.

Brunette10 Sun 02-Feb-20 07:41:47

Good Morning from Fife, still very dark outside but from what I can see it's dry and no wind. Have some chores to do and DH has a hospital appointment - yes I know it's Sunday but I have double checked and it's def today. Hopefully all will be fine. Have a peaceful day everyone and I am thinking of all who have troubles and anxieties, make today as well as it can be. flowers

Nannytopsy Sun 02-Feb-20 07:46:00

Morning Mick and all his followers. It’s quiet here this morning - is everyone having a lie in? Yesterday’s winds have gone and our neighbour’s fence is still standing, thank goodness. It moves in waves as some of the posts have gone.
Off to lunch with DS and family, taking pudding with us.
Hope the day is kind to you all.

Pantglas2 Sun 02-Feb-20 07:48:40

Morning all from a dry but breezy north Wales where I too am awaiting breakfast in bed, sark aren’t we the lucky ones!

We do alternate the early morning chamberpot of tea depending on who wakes first so it doesn’t become a chore and stays as the kindness it’s meant to be.

Poor Gillybobs problems seem to recede then come back with a vengeance and having to work as well is just extracting the michael. Hope for better all round - and for everyone with illness and worries. A peaceful Sunday folks x

ninathenana Sun 02-Feb-20 07:57:23

Good morning all.
It seems we had over night rain but it's stopped now in Kent.
I had a good night, I knew nothing until 6.30 when my bladder woke me. Unusual for me.
DS will be making shortbread with help from me today. We have had the ingredients for a few weeks and keep forgetting to do it. He's been doing cookery sessions at the day centre and is enjoying it.
Have a good day everyone.

Scentia Sun 02-Feb-20 07:57:50

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks damp outside. Off to take my DGS out for a walk on the trails soon. We will stop at the cafe and he will have some porridge and I will have a coffee.
I love my walks with my favourite person in the world.
Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Sun 02-Feb-20 07:58:39

Good morning from a rather damp Birmingham. I’m having my tea while my grandson sleeps - he had a late night last night. We will join my youngest daughter and my granddaughter at the Sea Life centre later, since it doesn’t look like the sort of day to be outside for long. Afternoon has gone home this evening I will have something nice with a glass of wine and watch the Italian film I bought recently, and hope I don’t fall asleep before the end!

DoraMarr Sun 02-Feb-20 07:59:35

Oops- not “afternoon has gone” but “after he has gone”.

Marydoll Sun 02-Feb-20 08:03:38

Good morning all from from a dark and dreary Glasgow, it's only 2C here.

I have no heart for posting this morning , as last night I found out that EllaKeat had died. Her daughter started a thread asking for information on her late mother.
It is very distressing, as I was one of the last posters to be in contact with her, before she deregistered, after some heartbreaking posts. (It's a very sad story).

I put up candles for oldaijin and Gilly's DH in church yesterday, from all of us, I hope oldaijin is painfree and Mr Gillybob feels a bit better.
Brunette, glad to see you back posting, I like to know what the weather is like on the East Coast, just in case I fancy a trip!

Alygran Sun 02-Feb-20 08:25:04

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a dark and dismal looking day.
Much sadness about on GN. Thinking of all those mentioned here today and Luckygirl too.
I hope today is kind to us all.

dragonfly46 Sun 02-Feb-20 08:30:52

Good morning from a damp and misty Leicestershire.

I too began the morning in tears on seeing Ellakeats daughter’s thread.

Sending love to Gilly surely you cannot go on like this until 24th!

NanKate Sun 02-Feb-20 08:31:44

Good Morning Mick and All.

A grey damp day in South Bucks.

Bad night’s sleep which I think is due to the trial the Doc is doing with me by giving me 5 days of high steroids.

I’m sorry to hear about your old cat QI us animal lovers do suffer with our pets.

Dear Mary I can see why you feel so down at present so many sadnesses on GM recently. I seem to remember the name EllaKeat.

If only the Gillybobs could be treated humanely it is a disgrace what they have gone through. ?

I can’t get OldGaijin out of my mind. Hopefully she has a place in the Hospice and I know she will be treated with only the best if care. ??

vena11 Sun 02-Feb-20 08:35:27

Good morning from a miserable Bristol no walk today by the looks of the weather.
Sad news Marydoll
I hope gillybobsDH is a bit better and all with worries have a restful Sunday.

lavenderzen Sun 02-Feb-20 08:47:03

Good morning all, from a dreary and damp Derbyshire.
So much sadness on here. Hope all with worries/sadness can find some comfort and those poorly can begin to feel an improvement.

Grandmaof2 Sun 02-Feb-20 08:48:03

Good morning from Barking Essex.

Am new on here and finding my way around the site. Thought id start with a good morning to you all

Dull day here. Am going to have a lazy day indoors. Will have fun with newborn granddaughter until she off out with my daughter and her dad at lunchtime.

Happy Sunday to all

kittylester Sun 02-Feb-20 08:48:23

Good morning all.

Its wet in North Leicestershire but our hall is dry!!

There is such a lot of sadness here! thanks

Lins1066 Sun 02-Feb-20 08:48:34

Good Morning Mick and all, it's adamp and grey start in S Wales.
I'm sorry about your cat QuaintIrene hope she's ok.

Like NanKate I remember EllaKeat too, I'm sorry that you are so down Mary but understand completely.

Best wishes to gilly and her dh.
Hope everyone will have a restful day.

Greyduster Sun 02-Feb-20 08:49:34

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a wet South Yorkshire. I really don’t want to get up this morning as I sleep very badly, but DH wants to go and find the venue for GS’s party next week as we are transporting three of his guests. It entails a trip up the motorway and it all looks a bit complicated so forwarned is forarmed! On our return (unless we get lost and can’t find our way home) I am cooking a roast dinner for DD and her menfolk.
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling.

Lins1066 Sun 02-Feb-20 08:51:33

Welcome Grandmaof2
Congrats on your new granddaughter.