Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Tue 04-Feb-20 06:07:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry here in Brackley this morning, usual Tuesday, housework to start then prepare for my bus trips to Buckingham and Bicester .
Mind you my return route takes me through villages effected by the East-West Rail link and HS2.
Had to get a new mouse yesterday and keyboard so things are better today.
Mick

oldgaijin Tue 04-Feb-20 06:32:47

Good morning All. This is Emily, daughter of oldgaijin, or more affectionately known, Janet.
Mum passed away yesterday evening in Aberdeen after a very quick deterioration last week. I’m afraid she never made it the hospice. She had been courageously battling cancer for the last 4 years and her determination and courage and bravery were always accompanied with a positive, sunny attitude, laughs and a wicked sense of humour.
I know this forum meant a lot to her, being a single lady on her own. It gave her great joy and she talked about it often to me. I can see so many messages of support and for this I thank you. Your messages were received.
Mojo, the mutt, and I thank you all. No sadness, just celebration. That was her only stipulation....there must be champagne.
Best wishes, Emily.

harrigran Tue 04-Feb-20 06:40:35

Good morning from a still dark and very windy NE.
Not sleeping well so thought I might as well be up and read my mail.
Car in the garage today so will catch up on jobs around the house.
DH's trip to A&E and walk in centre caused him more pain, I am disgusted at the way they treated a sick old man.
Thinking of the gillybobs and all with troubles.

harrigran Tue 04-Feb-20 06:44:00

Dear Emily thank you so much for updating us on your lovely Mum. My sincere condolences to you.
I loved reading about your Mum's adventures with the mutt.
God Bless her.

Beechnut Tue 04-Feb-20 06:45:02

Good Morning everyone from a wet Severnside.
Sending you my condolences Emily. Your mum was a popular lady on here and will be remembered with affection by many I’m sure?

Swimming and homeworking for me today.

Hope we all have a good day and for oldgaijin?

MawB Tue 04-Feb-20 06:47:40

My dear Emily, first of all, thank you for thinking of sharing this sad news with your mum’s online friends.
Her courage and spirit shone through every post she wrote and I will miss her very much. My sincerest sympathy to you and the Mutt, I can only imagine the huge hole her passing will leave in your lives.
If ever there was a time for those wonderful words of Joyce Grenfell, this must be it
Weep if you must, parting is hell
But life goes on, so sing as well flowers

Sark Tue 04-Feb-20 06:53:40

Good Morning everyone
Just sending sincere condolences to Emily flowers

nanaK54 Tue 04-Feb-20 06:53:43

Sincere condolences Emily flowers how kind of you to post

Scentia Tue 04-Feb-20 06:54:16

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire.
Thanks Emily for thinking of us today. ❤️
Nothing else to say today.

Brunette10 Tue 04-Feb-20 07:05:00

Good Morning from a dark Fife. I am so so sorry to hear this very sad news Emily but thank you for sharing. Your mum was very brave and gave so much to this thread each day she posted. Words cannot say enough. Sending condolences to you. flowers

nonnasusie Tue 04-Feb-20 07:10:19

Sincere condolences to Emilyflowers

kittylester Tue 04-Feb-20 07:18:05

Thank you for posting Emily and please accept our condolences. flowers

dragonfly46 Tue 04-Feb-20 07:30:56

Thank you Emily for letting us know.
Your mum, although really ill herself, took the time to offer me support.
I shall miss her as I am sure you will ?

Curlywhirly Tue 04-Feb-20 07:38:52

Emily many thanks for letting us know your sad news. Your Mum was a very brave lady, I was really upset to hear she was so poorly. It's certainly been a very sad week for GN posters. Here's hoping you have some lovely walks with Mojo, he will be missing his beloved Mum too. Take care.

Susan56 Tue 04-Feb-20 07:43:02

Thank you Emily for letting us know your sad news.Your mum will be missed very much.Sending you love,thoughts and prayers.x

Yiayia4 Tue 04-Feb-20 07:43:06

Dear Emily thankyou for telling us.
Your mum was so brave I chatted a few times via pms she was such a lovely lady and will be missed.
Thinking of you and sending love ?

NannyJan53 Tue 04-Feb-20 07:44:04

Thank you Emily for letting us know. Your Mum sounded such a lovely lady, and approached life with such humour, despite her illness.

We shall all miss her posts on here flowers

Take care

Mommawolf Tue 04-Feb-20 07:49:54

EMILY,Our thoughts are with you and the mutt. A very brave lady. You will be in our prayers. The little willow is full of catkins yor mum will be remembered every spring.

Ginny42 Tue 04-Feb-20 07:54:14

Good morning Mick and to Emily and all who follow. Thank you for letting us know about your Mum Emily. She was a special lady. What I'm doing today has faded into insignificance, but I will re-light the candle and the daffodils are still lovely. Take care of yourself at this sad time. flowers

Marydoll Tue 04-Feb-20 07:57:40

Dear Emily, thank you so much for letting us know about your dear mum. She was a breath of fresh air in the morning and it was with great sadness, I read her last post.

She had posted her good bye message on the wrong thread in error, so I reposted it on here. I was so worried about interfering, but I am so glad I did this, so that her many friends could say good bye. A sad loss for all of us on GN.
Your mum left memories of a very special person, my sincere condolences. ?

Hoping that the Gillybobs are a little better. A day in for me again, a bit under the weather for the last few days. DH is going to do the shopping and nursery pick up, thank goodness. He is a good man!

NanKate Tue 04-Feb-20 07:59:37

Good morning Emily, Mick and All,

Thank you for letting us all know Emily about the passing of our virtual friend Janet.

I shall miss her lovely way with words, her descriptions of her walks in the woods with Mojo the Mutt.

We were privileged to know her.

????

Sparkling Tue 04-Feb-20 08:01:24

Good morning from a very windy West Midlands.

BlueSapphire Tue 04-Feb-20 08:04:50

Thank you Emily, so sorry to hear about your dear mum's passing. She will be much missed. The daffodils are still blooming on my mantelpiece, and I have a bottle of Prosecco in the fridge; a good reason for cracking it open! Condolences to you and your family.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 04-Feb-20 08:04:51

Good morning from east London, bright and clear this morning.
Thank you, Emily for sharing the news about oldgaigin, her resilience and strength were amazing. I will be raising my glass of champagne.

mumofmadboys Tue 04-Feb-20 08:07:01

Thank you Emily for telling us the sad news. RIP Oldgaijin. You will be missed.