Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Fri 07-Feb-20 06:10:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley with frost and fog as well.
Typical Friday, shop, lunch , watch Cycling on TV , and wait for the weekend .
Which I ma hoping will be Ok on Saturday, but looks changeable from then.
Mick

mumofmadboys Fri 07-Feb-20 06:30:57

Good morning all! We are off to Glencoe today on a walking weekend and the forecast is not good! Hope everyone has a good day. Thoughts for the gillybobs and others going through difficult times.

Beechnut Fri 07-Feb-20 06:33:53

Second try....
Good Morning everyone from a dry Severnside.

Welcome taichinan. I too wondered about your name then when I saw that you were going to tai chi the penny dropped....go back to bed and get up again Beechnut.

Changing the bed and pottering for me today

I hope everyone’s hospital appointments went off ok yesterday and we all have the best as we can ?

Scentia Fri 07-Feb-20 06:48:48

Good Morning all, from East Staffordshire. Looks chilly out there this morning.
Work this morning, then we are off to meet my son and DiL at the Birmingham Beer Festival then off for a curry later.
Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Fri 07-Feb-20 06:54:39

Good Morning to all and those who follow. It's dry here in Fife this morning but rather cold. Our day for our 2 x DGS's - joy! Always look forward to hearing their chat, they certainly keep us on our feet. Will get to the park and out an about I hope all wrapped up. mumofmadboys enjoy your weekend trip. Think the windy weather is to reach us all so take care everyone and have a good day. Thinking of all those with worries and illnesses. flowers

kittylester Fri 07-Feb-20 07:05:46

Morning all from what I think is a frosty and foggy North Leicestershire.

Didnt manage to do all my shopping yesterday so a trip to the butchers this morning. This afternoon I am going to see a divorce solicitor with our niece. shock

Posting early means I dont see all the subsequent posts but I would like to say welcome to all new visitors to Mick's lovely thread.

Thinking of all the people with problems- health, family, whatever - and hoping that today is a good one.

Special thoughts for dragonfly, gilly and mary.

NanKate Fri 07-Feb-20 07:07:08

Morning Mick and All.

Frosty in South Bucks.

Off to Sussex to celebrate both DGSs birthdays 7 and 9. Where has the time gone? DH has been brilliant and made the youngest, with allergies, egg free chocolate buns and will make egg free pancakes to be eaten after my spag Bol. They insist on Christmas crackers and those exploding streamers. I love it all and realise in a year or two their needs and interests will change, so I am enjoying it while I can. ?

Once the boys are in bed I shall settle down to watch the tennis from Cape Town Nadal and Federer who are raising money for African children.

Hope Mary has had a better night’s sleep and the Gillybobs have some rest from their very difficult lives.

NanKate Fri 07-Feb-20 07:08:12

And Dragonfly too ?

BlueSapphire Fri 07-Feb-20 07:12:39

Good morning, and a foggy one at that in Northampton. Having looked at the weather forecast for the weekend I think I'll be spending it indoors, most probably watching rugby.
Out to Sainsbury's/M&S food this morning for coffee and top-up shop. Will make a curry later on.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Grammaretto Fri 07-Feb-20 07:17:23

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's minus 2 and just getting light. I know because I have been test driving some yellow night glasses and I had to scrape ice off the windscreen.
I drove with the traffic, turned, and drove towards their headlights on the way home. So glad I don't commute.

Divorce lawyer kitty. That sounds difficult.
Walking in Glencoe mumofmadboys Brrr. Have fun.
I will read the instructions for my new kitchen appliances and go to yoga. Not necessarily in that order.
Breakfast now. Thinking of all who are struggling. Welcome to the newcomers to the good morning thread.

dragonfly46 Fri 07-Feb-20 07:21:13

Good morning fro a frosty Leicestershire.

Awake most of the night but my own silly fault as I took my steroids too late!. Apparently I have phlebitis of the veins in my arm from the chemo and there was not time to fit a line. I was given the option of postponing the chemo or trying to find another vein. I opted for the latter so wish me luck. There is one nurse there who is a bit hung ho but my lovely oncologist said he would be around if I needed support.

That is very sad kitty going with your niece to a divorce lawyer. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Thank you kitty and nankate for your kind words.

Thinking of gilly and hoping that she is felling better, and Pantglas’ DH and also hoping that Marydoll is feeling a wee better still!

Sar53 Fri 07-Feb-20 07:21:24

Good morning everyone from a cold Essex by the sea. I'm off to Leamington Spa today to stay with my eldest daughter for a week. She has been in tremendous pain with her back for the last few days so I think she needs a cuddle from mum and lots of help with my 3 granddaughters. It's a long journey by train but better than the M25 and M1. Have a lovely day everyone.

conor Fri 07-Feb-20 07:26:58

Good morning from a lovely sunrise in Essex. Very cold but hoping to see the sunshine. Going into my volunteering school this morning as there is a class assembly and I did offer to help. Then some local shopping in town with a coffee stop. Hair appt later and will call and see my DGSs this evening. Hope the impending storm on Sat night doesn't do too much damage and anyone with worries or troubles have the best day they can Xxx

QuaintIrene Fri 07-Feb-20 07:29:04

Good morning everyone.
Very cold here in West Yorkshire. Feels almost snowy.
No news about the car crash. That’s 3 in as many weeks on the same road.
Little cat continues to get better and big cat is avoiding her again.
Going to the hairdresser this lunchtime. The new receptionist is going to lose them business if she doesn’t improve her telephone skills.
Time for my coffee. Have a good day and love to all those ill or troubled.

Mommawolf Fri 07-Feb-20 07:31:46

Goodmorning all from a very frosty norfolk the pond is iced over, very pretty but so cold. However Nanook the huskey is loving it the old girls bouncing about like a puppy again. DH decided last night to bring the pregnant ewes inside, the weekend forecast is not good. They are Leicester long wools a very Hardy rare breed that give us amazing wool. So would be OK but they are his"girls"so a day of sorting their accommodation. Hope all who are unwell have a better day.

NannyJan53 Fri 07-Feb-20 07:49:18

Good morning from a very frosty Black Country.I thought it had snowed overnight as the road is so white!

It is my partners Birthday today, he is working from home. I have just taken him up a cuppa. Then he will open his presents and cards when he is up.

We are off to Birmingham later today, curry then the Theatre to see 'Thank you for the Music'. Then overnight stay in a Hotel. May mooch around the shops tomorrow morning (it would be rude not to whilst there smile

Wishing your DGS's a happy birthday NanKate sounds like a fun weekend for you all.

Good that you can be of support for your Neice Kitty at such a sad time.

Thinking of gilly Mary and Dragonfly and all who are struggling with worries or health problems flowers

Marydoll Fri 07-Feb-20 07:50:08

Good morning Mick and all from a frosty Glasgow. it's -2 degrees.

Thanks for your good wishes Kate and Dragonfly, but I had an even worse night's sleep, terrible nightmares. Heaven knows what the cause is. I saw you couldn't sleep either, Dragonfly.
Dragonfly, I'm so sorry to hear of the problems you are having, you must be getting fed up with it all. I hope today goes well.
Gilly, I hope yesterday's pain has subsided a bit.
I'm off to get my bloods done first thing and then in the afternoon, I have yet another appointment with the registrar to sort wedding business. DD can't get time off work.
In between I shall continue cutting up the cards to go in the wedding favour bags.
Instead of favours, DD and her fiancé have donated to Cheart, Heart, Stroke Scotland, in the name of the wedding guests. Everyone at the wedding will get a pin and card explaining this. So I'm making the cards to put the pins on.
They have done this apparently because I have both heart and lung conditions and my future SIL's mum died of a stroke. I was quite overwhelmed when they told me.

mumofmadboys, Glencoe will look spectacular, but stay safe! All those on the move, safe journey.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Feb-20 07:54:15

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It looks cold outside here in SE Essex, the sun is trying to poke its way through.

Gym this morning for me, Mr,Gravy will be here with the wardrobe fitters (assuming they arrive as scheduled).

Thinking of gilly, dragonfly and mary and all other poorly and troubled goodmorningers.

Keep safe folks as the storm this weekend is looking decidedly "iffy"

cornergran Fri 07-Feb-20 07:57:03

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks cold and frosty in our corner of Somerset. Food shop and admin today, both need doing but not exciting. Hope the solicitor is helpful for your niece kitty, difficult time. Ouch dragonfly, definitely wishing you luck. Good wishes to all and hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 07-Feb-20 08:08:18

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where the sunrise looks beautiful - the sky is a swathe of apricot wash behind the Pennines.

Gorgeous Glencoe eh momb? Hope you don’t get battered by the winds too much but enjoy the gorgeous scenery. I love it there when we drive through on the way to Wester Ross. The mountains are breathtakingly beautiful.

Mommawolf I love your morning descriptions of life in Norfolk - I’m sat here thinking of you and your husband getting B&B accommodation ready today for those pregnant ewes! It’s like an episode of ‘Countryfile’. Lovely.

Oh poor you Marydoll so busy yet probably shattered. Pace yourself girl. What a lovely gesture about the charity donation though.

Thinking of Pantglas and hope the hip op went well for her husband. Also a shout out to gillybob who is incredible. I hope your life gets easier this springtime. You certainly deserve some luck.

We are off to the dreaded Trafford Centre at lunchtime. It takes us 5 minutes in the car and I can bear it for about 90 minutes. I have a list so know where I’m headed - then out. No mooching for me round that place, I’d rather stick pins in my eyes.

All the best today dragonfly I hope your chemo session goes better than you fear.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Newquay Fri 07-Feb-20 08:10:15

Just love hearing from everyone., everywhere. Sad for everyone with health and troubles.
Mumofmadboys-take care, forecast awful!
It looks a lovely morning here in Staffs although heavy frost. Can hear neighbours scraping cars from our warm bed. Retirement the best job we’ve ever had!

Susan56 Fri 07-Feb-20 08:11:07

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
DGD has just woken up,she loves her new bedroom and has slept really well.We will drop her at pre school at lunchtime,then the food shop and then home to relax.
Thinking of Mary,dragonfly,gilly,Mr Pantglas and all with health or family worries.

AllotmentLil Fri 07-Feb-20 08:21:31

Good morning everybody.
A very heavy frost here in NE Scotland but very pretty. Half term so will see DGD later. I love the atmosphere of Glencoe, enjoy Mumofmadboys. For everyone having a busy day I hope you have a relaxing evening.

Teagranny1966 Fri 07-Feb-20 08:27:20

Good morning to all, quite a newbie gransnetter here in Milton Keynes, loving all the really helpful advice/comments etc. Wishing you all a happy healthy day. I’m popping into my new job (school starting after half term) so a little bit excited and happy to be still employable!

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 07-Feb-20 08:29:55

Good morning from east London, bright and cool, light frost overnight is swiftly clearing with the sun rising. Off to Southend today; will be taking a trip to the civic amenities site in Leigh so will at least see the sea this time. The tennis dome has come down in preparation for the forecast wind and won’t be up again for about a week which means play next week will be severely curtailed unless the weather is dry. Perhaps it’s time to catch up with some friends. Have a good day.