Gransnet forums

Chat

Phillip Schofield

(26 Posts)
Greymar Fri 07-Feb-20 13:17:47

Why are people congratulating him? It's odd.

Calendargirl Fri 07-Feb-20 13:19:42

Because he has just announced he’s gay.

MerylStreep Fri 07-Feb-20 13:21:41

Why start another thread when there is one up already?

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 13:23:06

Yes, I don't understand anyone who thinks this is a moment to celebrate? Oh the end of a lavendar marriage?

Errrm what about his kids and wife? And the betrayal etc

Anrol Fri 07-Feb-20 13:26:35

It’s just news item about a nice millionaire who’s announced he’s gay. I presume the congratulations are because he’s been “brave and come out”. It will run and run in certain sections of the media until we are bored sick of it.

Greymar Fri 07-Feb-20 14:05:14

My apologies to one and all. I am at home unwell and probably not thinking quite straight. I didn't see any other thread.

Bridgeit Fri 07-Feb-20 15:19:15

No need to apologise Greymar,
I don’t know why folks are congratulating him, I can only suppose that it is seen as ‘ brave or admirable & maybe it might encourage others who may be fearful of coming out to
also make the decision to tell their nearest & dearest
ps Hope you will feel better soon.

Greymar Fri 07-Feb-20 18:37:16

Thanks B.

craftergran Fri 07-Feb-20 18:41:02

Some on twitter say he announced he is grey

Bridgeit Fri 07-Feb-20 18:57:56

?

NotTooOld Fri 07-Feb-20 22:08:24

I've always assumed he is gay so I was a bit surprised to find out today that he has come out. confused
I didn't know he has been married for 27 years and has children but I feel sorry for them now. His poor wife. How must she be feeling?

whywhywhy Fri 07-Feb-20 22:31:24

Who cares? It's His private life not ours. Odd that he does this when he has all this carry on with Ruth Langford.

whywhywhy Fri 07-Feb-20 22:32:30

I also feel sorry for his wife and kids.

brown Fri 07-Feb-20 22:40:24

There will come a time when we dont have to declare our sexuality, it will be ok and we will except people for who they are but probably not in my time.

whywhywhy Fri 07-Feb-20 22:44:41

I agree Brown. It's so sad really. X

Lilypops Fri 07-Feb-20 22:56:14

Why why , what is this carry on with Ruth Langsford ? Do tell

Calendargirl Sat 08-Feb-20 07:58:37

Yes Lilypops I too have no idea what this thing with Ruth Langsford is all about, obviously I don’t get out enough.

Nortsat46 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:03:45

(Repeating my comment on the other PS thread) Yawn, yawn.

dragonfly46 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:05:46

Ruth Langford has accused him of bullying.

Calendargirl Sat 08-Feb-20 08:08:53

Oh thanks dragonfly.

Lilypops Sat 08-Feb-20 08:19:58

Thanks CG. To be honest, I can't imagine Philip Schofield being a bully if that us what he is accused of, but you just don't know a person and I don't think he would bully Ruth Langsford , not with Eamonn around ,!

joannapiano Sat 08-Feb-20 08:37:48

Is Philip Schofield the one in the advert with the cute puppy?

RonsGranFranksGran Sun 09-Feb-20 13:36:37

Yeah, the one with the puppy. Well, interestingly l remember the very first episode of him and Holly on This Morning. He was so mean to her, l was horrified. He wasn’t friendly at all. She was her usual sweet self but clearly he was fuming at being ‘lumbered’ with a gorgeous bright young thing. So if if wasn’t ignoring her or being frosty, he was cutting in on her interviews. I can’t remember who she was interviewing but he cut in and asked what he thought was a ‘proper’ question when really she was doing fine. It was so disparaging. Prior to that day, l had always thought he was lovely, kind, smiley cetera. That day l saw he was jealous, competitive and clearly thought she wasn’t up to the the job and certainly not up to being his partner. He genuinely did treat her as though she was a bit of fluff brought in to look pretty and ‘he’ was the serious journalist. He did very little to hide that. I watched closely over the following programmes and saw him thaw over time. Clearly Holly worked hard to win him over and show he was no threat and let’s face it, who could no amount of mean could compete with Holly’s sweetness for long. The jealousy was definitely there to see. I would think if there is mean behaviour towards Ruth again l would surmise jealousy. Eamon and Ruth on a Friday have quite a following (if Gogglebox is anything to go by ?) so l am surmising he is trying to stop them getting ideas above their station. Huge ego’s some of these presenters, he is one of them. Fern also displayed meanness when her partner was abruptly changed that time. Lots of slapping down, was seen then too. I wish you could all see that first episode of Holly with Phil right now, then you could see exactly what l mean.

paddyanne Sun 09-Feb-20 14:06:28

Ithink you have that wrongronsgran PS was instrumental in HW getting the job on This Morning.He insisted she got it over more qualified presenters

tickingbird Sun 09-Feb-20 16:23:51

Fern Britten had issues with PS.