Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-Feb-20 06:21:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its been raining here in Brackley overnight.
Today will do usual Buckingham and Bicester on the buses.
I am not expecting there to be a flea market in Buckingham , if the forecast is right.
Mick

Marydoll Sat 08-Feb-20 06:37:32

Good morning Mick and all w.ho follow.

I couldn't sleep, but enjoying the peace and quiet. Nothing much planned today, apart from an internet search for a new dishwasher. I don't think the old one is worth repairing, there was a smell of hot plastic coming from it and no water coming through.

I'm dreading the forecasted weather. DD is off to the Isle of Arran for the weekend, but I fear she will not get back, once the weather deteriorates and the ferries go off. However, she is determined to go.

Hoping your DH continues to make progress Pantglas, Dragonfly, take it easy today after your treatment yesterday and of course remembering the Gillybobs.
I'm sure I have forgotten some of those in sick bay.

A warm welcome to all the Newbies, I can't keep up with the names, but it's lovely to see the posters increasing.
Have a good Saturday!.

Pantglas2 Sat 08-Feb-20 06:40:13

Morning all from a dark but dry north Wales where I’ve been awake for hours - darned wind!

Will be trotting off to see DH who has done so well he might be coming home later this afternoon so there could be a free couple of nights at Oswestry travelodge if anyone needs/wants! There’s a lovely Indian restaurant in town and a good restaurant within couple of hundred yards and plenty to see in the pretty market town - PM me if you’re interested.

Hope all health worries are easing although with some I know it’s a case of managing rather than remedying matters. Let’s hope this storm that’s promised is milder than anticipated anyway - need peaceful weather for good sleep!

Good day for all please x

Beechnut Sat 08-Feb-20 06:53:23

Good Morning everyone from a wet Severnside.

It’ll be good to get your DH home before the bad weather Pantglas.

I’m going to try and be in the garden today. If I go out tomorrow I’ll probably end up like Mary Poppins and flying around the countryside.

Hope you all have have a good day ?

Scentia Sat 08-Feb-20 06:54:34

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, I haven’t looked out yet so not sure what the weather is doing.
I have hospital appointments this morning and will need drops in my eyes so I will walk down along the canal and walk back, it is 2 miles each way so hope it stays dry!
I do hope the everyone with their own battles makes just a little progress and has a better day today.

Greyduster Sat 08-Feb-20 06:55:25

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Still dark but dry and clear in South Yorkshire for which grateful thanks. We are off early to provide a taxi service for GS’s birthday guests to an out of town venue today so an early start and a long day hanging about for us. He’s worth it I suppose!?. Whatever happened to parties with cake and games at home? Good to hear your DH is making good progress, Pantglas! Have a good day folks.

Marydoll Sat 08-Feb-20 06:56:32

Scentia, hoping all goes well for you today.?

QuaintIrene Sat 08-Feb-20 07:15:04

Good morning everyone. Little cat is ill again. Time to phone the vet at 9 and take her to be looked at.
Bitter cold here and the wind is picking up. Planned to go to Leeds for a mooch and some lunch but it can wait, hate being cold and windswept and I shall have to see about little cat.
Thinking of you * Scentia * and everyone Ill or troubled .
Wrap up well today and I hope you all have the best day you can ?

NumNum Sat 08-Feb-20 07:32:27

Bonjour to everyone on a mild but very overcast Saturday here in France.

I was hoping to have a lie-in this morning after a busy week, but the dogs had other ideas and decided that 6am was quite late enough and that I should get up NOW!!!
Oh well.........perhaps I'll get lucky tomorrow!

Scentia hope your day goes well.
Pantglas fingers crossed your DH is home today.
Marydoll enjoy the peace and quiet and have a restful day if possible!

Kind thoughts sent to those needing them.

I think we may miss out on the worst of the storm here but I hope everyone stays safe wherever they are.

kittylester Sat 08-Feb-20 07:44:55

Morning all from a, currently, calm north Leicestershire.

We have a plasterer coming soon to repair the hall ceiling in a couple of weeks so are looking forward to Storm Ciara with mixed feelings. If we get no rain in the hall, it means the repair has worked. If we do get rain we have to think again!! sad

Sending love as always to everyone who needs it especially dragonfly and the gillybobs. Mary looking for a dishwasher sounds a gentle occupation. pantglas, hope you get you dh home. I'd love some time in Oswestry but we are going light shopping!!

Welcome to all newcomers - I echo marydoll's comments.

Hi gd - you know you'll enjoy today really.

dragonfly46 Sat 08-Feb-20 07:47:01

Good morning, not sure what the weather is doing in Leicestershire but sun is forecast.

Eventually chemo went okay yesterday and getting a line before the next one. Only two more to go!

Had a great night so going to make the most of today before the aches start on Sunday night.
Having coffee with friends this morning and walking with others this afternoon.

I hope your hospital appointment goes well Centia.
Good news about your DH Pantglas.
Hoping Gilly and all those suffering have a better day.

Mommawolf Sat 08-Feb-20 07:51:20

Goodmorning all from a cold and very still Norfolk it's a bit creepy not a breath of wind. A trip to the farmers Market today meeting a friend to do a bit of old style bartering. A tray of her amazing home made pickles in exchange for one of our longwool fleeces. Her Rowan jelly is too die for DH gets quite grumpy when we run out. Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe in the coming storm.

Brunette10 Sat 08-Feb-20 07:56:29

Good Morning from damp Fife. Had good time yesterday with DGS's day just flew in. Glad all went well yesterday dragonfly. Marydoll hope you find a suitable new dishwasher, something we can live without but at the same time it's so much easier with one wink. Welcome all newbies from me too. Hope today is good for everyone. Take care.

Lins1066 Sat 08-Feb-20 07:57:35

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
Weather is quiet here on the S Welsh coast after overnight rain.
DS and partner coming for lunch and to watch the rugby this afternoon. Before that he and DH are bringing my late MiL's dryer over to put in our garage. Our dryer finally packed in on Wednesday, it was 27 years old so can't complain.
Better get my skates on as I have a chicken to cook.

Glad to hear that your DH is making good progress and is coming home today Pantglas.
Hope dragonfly is feeling ok after her appointment yesterday. Best wishes to Scentia for her hospital visit this morning.
Hope everyone will have a good day, and thinking of gilly as always.

cornergran Sat 08-Feb-20 08:00:54

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset. Off for a wander today, tomorrow is forecast to be frankly dire, the wind speeds worrying. Enjoy your day dragonfly, you deserve a good one. A computer day will keep you sitting down marydoll, hope you’re successful. Excellent news about your husband pantglas, as ever hoping a good night for gilly and her husband. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone, stay safe when the storm comes.

Susan56 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:07:15

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where we have the calm before the storm.
We are going over to Cheshire today to meet up with our daughters,nephew and nieces and their families.We meet near my mums house as it’s pretty much a central point for everyone.
Glad your husband is making such good progress Pantglas and dragonfly pleased that your chemo went okay yesterday.
Hope today goes well Scentia.
Sending good wishes to all with health and other worries.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 08-Feb-20 08:10:34

Good morning from east London, rain has arrived, although it’s stopped for the moment and it’s cloudy out there. Haircut this morning; when bits start sticking out, I know it’s time. Having had a clear breakfast room since the builders left, it now is filling up mainly with papers from the Southend house so starting on those is this afternoon’s task. Hope you have a reasonable day.

vena11 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:13:31

Good Morning from a dry Bristol.
Another sleepless night,the things that pop into your head in the night is crazy and don't help, stupid I know.
pantglas hope you get your DH home today.
Dragonfly I am glad all went well yesterday and make sure you don't over do it.
Everyone I hope have a pleasant day.

BlueSapphire Sat 08-Feb-20 08:36:40

Good morning all from Northampton where it seems to have rained overnight. Yesterday was sunny but there was a bitter wind which I felt the worst of as my bus home from Sainsbury's was late and there is no bus shelter!
Hoping to get out in the garden today to do a bit more tidying up of overgrown shrubs before the storms tomorrow. Then will either watch rugby this afternoon or another recorded film. Trying to clear all my recordings before I install the new set top box.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Sark Sat 08-Feb-20 08:40:55

Good Morning everyone from a dry and still Oxfordshire
Venall having a sleepless night and 'head whirring ' is horrible.
Have had a difficult few days and been feeling pretty low but am doing my best to pull my socks up if you know what I mean!
Seeing GC later which is always a joy.
Thinking of all with troubles and on the sick list and wishing everyone a good day

conor Sat 08-Feb-20 08:45:48

Good morning from a very grey Essex. The sky looks like it's waiting for the storm. I must remember to batten down the hatches later if we get what is promised! Meeting a friend for coffee this morning and DGSs arriving for sleepover this evening. Maybe DS and DDIL's last night out before the new baby arrives at the end of Feb!! Hope everyone has the best day they can and the storm is kind to us!! xxx

harrigran Sat 08-Feb-20 08:52:43

Good morning from an overcast but calm NE.
No plans for today, quite happy to stay indoors and read the newspapers.
Thinking of the gillybobs and other poorly people

Auntieflo Sat 08-Feb-20 09:01:09

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. I haven't poked my nose outside yet, but it is looking very still.
We are out to our usual coffee morning later, and then a bit of a mooch.
Marydoll, here's hoping you find a replacement dishwasher. It might keep you still for more than 5 minutes.
I have been, half-heartedly, searching for new pendant lights, for the kitchen. Found some I liked, then realised that the LED bulb, is non replaceable! How stupid is that, so the whole unit is then useless. Back to the search.
Dragonfly, make the most of your good days ?, and best wishes for the speedy return home of MrPantglas . Our granddaughter, was married in Oswestry, 10 years ago. It was a long way to travel, but sadly we didn't get to see any of the area.
Hoping for a bit of good news from Gillybob.
Have a good day one and all, and keep safe from the storm.?

Harris27 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:03:34

Good morning from a windy but dry NE. Quick shop at Aldi then home for chores visiting gran kids tomorrow so catch up with chores today. How quick are the weeks passing since Christmas? Our daffodils are just starting to come through giving us hope of spring! Best wishes to all.

Anniebach Sat 08-Feb-20 09:05:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Storm heading for Mid Wales