Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 10-Feb-20 06:14:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its windy but not gusts here in Brackley this morning.
Today, quiet day in try and sort a few things out.
Otherwise a a quiet day
Mick

Beechnut Mon 10-Feb-20 06:29:43

Good Morning Mick and all who follow from a damp Severnside where the wind has dropped.

I need to do some tip runs but I think it’s safer to wait for better weather.

Hope you all have a good day ?

fatgran57 Mon 10-Feb-20 06:32:41

Good morning to all( even though it is 5.30 pm Monday here in Tasmania).

Overcast and threatening to rain all day but didn't eventuate in the end.

Stayed home today with grandson after school.

OH has hospital app in the morning follow up from an operation a couple of years ago - he had a gist or stomal tumor and a major operation has huge scar all down stomach.

All seems to be OK now though.

NfkDumpling Mon 10-Feb-20 06:37:16

Morning All

A lovely moon lit night it was too. Still a bit breezy though here in the north of Norfolk.

I’m out to lunch today, but can’t think of a way to the venue which doesn’t involve driving through woodland and I’m quite nervous about trees in high winds.

May call off.

BlueSapphire Mon 10-Feb-20 06:37:18

Good morning, Mick and all to come. Still quite windy here in Northampton, dark, yet brilliant moonlight.
Hope no-one suffered too much damage after yesterday - I know that I have a fence which is partially down and will need attention, so it will be a call to the man later today. It's not the fence I was worried about, funnily enough, and not a shared fence with anyone else so solely my responsibility for repairs.
Hope to get to yoga later this morning, and then have a coffee afterwards.
Best wishes to all for a good day.

Scentia Mon 10-Feb-20 06:39:37

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, sounds very windy out there.
It is my 30th wedding anniversary today and DH and I have never done cards but this morning I got up to a card he has made for me. Now, do I nip to the coop and get him one too, or just let him have his special moment of being the only one to care???

Hope everyone has a good day and at least a tiny bit of the feeling I had when I saw my DH’s craft skills this morning❤️❤️

Grammaretto Mon 10-Feb-20 06:45:45

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. It's quite windy but no snow. The ceiling drips have stopped.
My DB&SiL are due today depending on flights. I shall bake a cake.
I've been brought tea in bed and would love to go back to sleep.
I hope those affected by the weather and those who are poorly get some relief today.
Spring is just around the corner.

Marydoll Mon 10-Feb-20 06:49:08

Good morning Mick all from a not very pleasant Glasgow.
I have an early morning hospital appointment (the tricky journey one) and just want to get out and back before the snow starts. Fatgran, I would rather be in Tasmania, than here!

My daughter is stranded in the isle of Arran, when the ferries will be back on, I don't know. She wouldn't listen, when I suggested she shouldn't go. Hell mend her, as my mother used to say. I don't think she is actually too bothered, having had spa treatments etc. grin
It's her fiancee's birthday today, so I have had a reprieve from making his cake, I forgot yesterday. blush

Since it's mid term, we will have DGD tomorrow and Wednesday. I think she may have to come today and just stay, as we usually get stuck in when it snows.

Sending hugs to Dragonfly, the Gillybobs and all the patients in sick bay, I'm always afraid I forget someone.

PS. There was someone, called Mike looking for love late last night, if anyone is lonely. He certainly is. I spent ages reporting his many posts! grin.

Have a good day and stay safe!

Sark Mon 10-Feb-20 06:56:22

Good Morning everyone
Sounds windy here but haven't looked outside yet.
Congratulations Scentia and hope you have a lovely day.
Best wishes to all

Urmstongran Mon 10-Feb-20 07:24:56

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where we have spits of rain and a little wind but nothing to write home about. The 7am to Liverpool Lime Street has just pulled into the railway station across the road. Commuters carrying their ubiquitous coffees. A plane is just coming into land at Manchester airport, lights twinkling in the distance.

We have both got the dreaded tickly coughs that many of you had over Christmas and NY. Benylin to the rescue seems to soothe it, bought yesterday.

Half term here and as we are home we shall be helping out.

I see ‘Parasite’ won best film at the Oscars last night. I’d only mentioned it yesterday saying I fancied seeing it (maybe next week after HT). I like to go into Manchester in the afternoon. HOME is my favourite cinema (the old Cornerhouse).

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Lins1066 Mon 10-Feb-20 07:31:56

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It is a dry, clear morning on the S Welsh coast. It is still windy and there was a lovely moon. I got up about 4.30am and it was almost as light as day.
Happy Anniversary Scentia ?
Hope that dragonfly is feeling alright and that Monday is kind to all.

Brunette10 Mon 10-Feb-20 07:32:53

Good Morning from Fife. It's trying to snow here and the wind is still rattling about but have to say not as bad as down south. I hope everyone across the border is safe and well from the dreadful weather you have had. Was supposed to be enjoying lunch in Edinburgh today for a friend's birthday but postponed it due to weather. If you don't have to go out in this weather why would you? Thinking of all those with worries/ illness. Keep your chin up no matter what you are doing today. Take care.

ninathenana Mon 10-Feb-20 07:36:57

Good morning all.
No wind at all in Kent now but it was pretty bad yesterday. No damage luckily in our neighbourhood that I can see from the bedroom window.
A day of pottering for me SiL has a small job to do on my car, so I will be staying put.
Hope you all have a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 10-Feb-20 07:42:17

Good morning from east London, bright and dry outside but wind is still blustering around. Bird feeder and light bulbs hanging on to the chestnut tree in the back garden. If it stays dry, tennis could be on today unless the courts are covered in debris from the surrounding trees. It’s not half term until next week here, when we’re heading to Northumberland for a few days. Have a good day.

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 10-Feb-20 07:42:29

Morning everyone
Still breezy here but no rain, need to go to shops, 2 roads out of village were blocked yesterday evening, so I’ll have to drive around to find a way out.

Hope everyone is ok and not too badly affected by the storms.

Have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 10-Feb-20 07:46:40

It's started to snow here! sad

kittylester Mon 10-Feb-20 07:50:53

Morning all from a bright and clear North Leicestershire.

I have a lunch date with old friends but have a dilemma - I could really do with a break from DH's brother but if I abandon him he will have no-one to share the burden. But then, it is his brother. grin

Careful of the trees nfk, happy anniversary scentia and hope all goes well at the hospital marydoll.

I missed gilly's post yesterday - hope all is well.

And, I hope dragonfly's aches are not too bad.

QuaintIrene Mon 10-Feb-20 07:57:12

Good morning everyone.
Congratulations Scentia how lovely to get a card like that ?
Little cat is still asleep. Big cat is eating the first of her daily treats, noisily as usual !
Terrible weather but not as bad, my daffodils are battered and mushy and I don’t know what’s happened to my hanging basket. Pinched or blown clean away.
Brr Marydoll snow is nice to look at, but I fear falling in it and sliding into the road. Exactly what would happen to me !
Love to all who are ill or troubled ?
I hope the storm didn’t do anything catastrophic to anyone
Take care today x

Taichinan Mon 10-Feb-20 08:00:35

Good morning Mick and everyone. We escaped Ciara here on the Angus coast - just a very windy day - but I know some were hit very hard and I feel very sorry for those people who have been flooded. The moon last night, known as the snow moon, was really lovely - it was like daylight outside when I looked out at about 4 am. No sleep last night - no reason, just didn't until after 4 - so guess it will be an unproductive day;. Skies are clear and blue - and the moon is still bright and clear - but it feels cold. Have a good day everyone and keep cosy.

mumofmadboys Mon 10-Feb-20 08:00:51

Good morning from Glencoe. No snow here ( yet!) Travelling home to Cumbria today. Hoping weather will be ok. lovely weekend walking despite the weather. Have a good day all

NumNum Mon 10-Feb-20 08:02:54

Bonjour to all.

I spoke too soon yesterday about the storm bypassing us!
After I'd posted my message on here, the wind started up followed by the rain a couple of hours later and it's still at it as I speak.
I spent the evening reading your posts on what was happening in your area and tried to join in but kept losing my internet connection - the joys of semi rural France!!
Hope everyone has a more peaceful day and hasn't suffered too much damage.
Take care folks wherever you are.
Happy anniversary Scentia (flowers) - I'm intrigued as to what prompted your DH to 'suddenly' present you with a card??!!!!!!

Bellasnana Mon 10-Feb-20 08:03:09

Good morning from Malta where it feels like another a Sunday since it is a public holiday, the Feast of St. Paul’s Shipwreck.

Weather is dry, sunny but chilly. Yesterday was lovely, DD3 and I sat outside when we went out for lunch and the sun was very warm.

No plans today, need to do some boring jobs like laundry as I’m going away on Thursday so want to leave everything in order before I go.

Hope you all have a good day. Best wishes to all, especially those with trials and tribulations.sunshine

Sar53 Mon 10-Feb-20 08:03:16

Good morning everyone from a brighter Leamington Spa. A very wet and windy day yesterday. Need to get up shortly, ready to take 3 granddaughters to school. My daughter has been in terrible pain with her back since last week and it's good to see her feeling slightly better. She has an appointment with an osteopath this afternoon so I shall disappear with the 4 year old for an hour. I hope all who are unwell are feeling better. A pleasant day to everyone.

dragonfly46 Mon 10-Feb-20 08:04:07

Good morning from Leicestershire.

Pretty achey night and may need to ring the hospital as I have developed a lump on the arm where the chemo went in. Let’s hope they don’t haul me in for another 5 hours. At least the aches have gone.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Scentia Mon 10-Feb-20 08:06:02

NumNum
I know, I think it’s because I have been poorly lately❤️