Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Tue 18-Feb-20 06:08:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with a crescent moon again, looks dry out here in Brackley this morning.
Busy day for me I have an hospital appointment in Banbury as to Glaucoma ,and field teats.
Will return home if appointments go to plan and catch bus to Bicester to do usual shop etc.
MIck

Beechnut Tue 18-Feb-20 06:11:36

Good Morning everyone. It’s dark with a clear sky I would think as I can see plenty of stars twinkling. Such a pleasure to look at.
I’ll try to go swimming earlier this morning as it is half term.

I hope you all have a good day ?

Ginny42 Tue 18-Feb-20 06:27:36

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and all who follow. I got out of bed again and went to see the moon. Nope! Not visible here in Cheshire. Hoping for decent weather today as my friend and I are driving to just over the border into North Wales to take a friend to lunch.

Back here, then this evening we're going to see 'Emma'.

Warm wishes to all struggling with illness or sadness. Thinking also of all caught up in the devastating floods. flowers

ninathenana Tue 18-Feb-20 06:31:41

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and all who follow.
I'm looking at that moon right now from my chair next to the patio doors Mick.
Shopping and nails on my agenda today.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 18-Feb-20 06:32:30

Morning Ginny

Sark Tue 18-Feb-20 06:33:36

Good Morning Mick and Beechnut - the early birds!
Hope your hospital appointment goes well Mick
Off to work as usual, all a bit of a drudge but never mind.
Lovely to hear about the new lambs yesterday Mommawolf..springtime is a busy but lovely time of the year I expect.
Thinking of all struggling in anyway

Sark Tue 18-Feb-20 06:36:38

Ginny42 Hope you enjoy the film... I am also hoping to see 'Emma' sometime this week..looks quite good!

NanKate Tue 18-Feb-20 06:47:33

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely sky here inSouth Bucks pale blue and an orange horizon. Hope the rain holds off, as do many others in the U.K.

I am going to see the Endocrinologist today about my under-active thyroid. It has taken literally years to persuade any doctor I need this appointment. I am going armed with lots of paperwork to back up why I need a change of tablet to a more expensive type.

I will be interested to hear NannyJ what you thought of the film Knives Out, I think I would give it 7 out of 10.

Hope you are feeling stronger today Mary. And your burning mouth has subsided Gilly.

Mommawolf Tue 18-Feb-20 06:48:53

Goodmorning all its a lovely clear dry morning here in Norfolk the moon is so pretty reminds me of pictures in children's storybooks. Have just finished my shift in the barn, handed over to son number one so will take the dogs for a walk now, if I can get Nana away from the lambs she is one possessive boarder collie at lambing time. Hope you all had a good night and you are feeling better GILLYBOB (have pm you) and all who are struggling. Have a good day everyone.

Scentia Tue 18-Feb-20 06:53:34

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, we have had a severe flood warning this morning for those of us living near to the river. I live about 200m from the river but it has very good defences here this side so I am keeping my fingers crossed for all our neighbours and hope those down the hill stay safe today.
I will walk to work via the park and take a look at the river to see what it is doing.
I will be going to Aqua Aerobics this lunch time, this is the start of me trying a little more gentle exercise instead of the gym and running.
Hope everyone stays safe and dry today and those with troubles find a little ray of sunshine. I will smile at everyone I see and say good day today in the hope I can make someone smile❤️

DoraMarr Tue 18-Feb-20 07:03:17

Good morning from Birmingham, where the sky is a beautiful gold streaked with red, with cerulean above. I love to see the rising sun reflected on the tall buildings in the city centre. I’m going to have coffee this morning with my partner in one of the new coffee shops that have sprung up in Stirchley. My Italian group is meeting in my apartment after lunch, so I will need to tidy up a bit and make sure I have the activity ready for us to do: we’re going to talk about foreign language films we have enjoyed.
Have as good a day as possible, everyone!

Nannytopsy Tue 18-Feb-20 07:16:52

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Lovely morning here in Suffolk too, after a very starry night. We are dog sitting today for our DS and family, who are off to London for the day. Taking knitting and laptop to keep ourselves busy. Rather that than have two big muddy dogs here!
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Feb-20 07:21:19

Morning All

A clear and fairly still morning here in the north of Norfolk. We went for a walk at Cromer yesterday and the sea was flat calm in the lee of our little cliffs. We’ve been very lucky compared with the chaos and deluge on the other side of the country. Hopefully things will calm down now as spring comes in.

May face the challenge of sorting out the compost heap today before going to see The Personal History of David Copperfield this evening.

Mommawolf Tue 18-Feb-20 07:29:05

Love the photo NFK DUMPLING Cromer pier at its best have spent many a winters day taking soup to crazy men who think sitting in a howling cromer wind fishing is fun.

DoraMarr Tue 18-Feb-20 07:33:52

From my window:

dragonfly46 Tue 18-Feb-20 07:33:57

Good morning from a bright I should Leicestershire.

My day didn’t go as planned yesterday. Got to Dunelm but as they hadn’t sent me an order number they would not give me the goods! Went to Sainsbury’s instead and bought food I didn’t really need, came home and made a stew with dumplings.
Then rang Dunelm and gave them a rocket, got the order number and returned for my goods. Not that restful day I had planned.

I heard from friends last night that the houseboat they had lovingly built from scratch over 10 years and all their positions have been lost in the flood. All they have are the clothes they stood up in.

Hopefully a more positive day today.

Mapleleaf Tue 18-Feb-20 07:34:15

Good morning all,

It seems much calmer this morning as the wind seems to have died down. It is chilly, though.

Not a lot planned for today, but may see my friend later for coffee if she's free.

Hope today is a good one for everyone, and Scentia I've got my fingers crossed that the river defences hold near you and your neighbours - you must all be on tenterhooks. Roll on Spring!

dragonfly46 Tue 18-Feb-20 07:35:14

Oh dear ‘possessions’

kittylester Tue 18-Feb-20 07:43:14

Morning all from a clear and brightish North Leicestershire where dh and I are clinging on to the edges of our king sized bed whole dgds lie luxuriously in the middle watching CBBC. Their mum (dd2) is coming this afternoon so she will be on the bed as well tomorrow - she is only 38 fgs!!

Dd3 rang 111 about her chickenpox and had to go to hospital to be checked over at 5.20 am! shock She was prescribed antibiotics.

We are aiming to brave the floods and take the girls to soft play.

Brunette10 Tue 18-Feb-20 07:58:11

Good Morning from a bright but very cold Fife. It's a bit wet out but not raining at the moment. Well it seems I have low folic acid and vitamin B6 as a result of yesterday's visit to docs. I was a bit surprised at this but will start taking meds I was prescribed, nothing series at all. DH came home with a tooth our rather than root canal treatment, fortunately his recovery hasn't been too bad. Off out with friend for coffee/catch up this morning then some cooking in afternoon. Hopefully the storms have all dissipated and everyone can try and get back to normal. Stay safe everyone.

Lins1066 Tue 18-Feb-20 08:00:38

Good Morning Mick and all from a windy S Welsh coast. Unfortunately more rain is forecast over the next few days.
Good luck to all those with hospital appointments.
I'm sorry about your friends' boat dragonfly, we have friends who similarly built theirs and moored it at Tewkesbury. To lose everything like that is awful.
Hope those with troubles have some relief today.

NannyJan53 Tue 18-Feb-20 08:03:25

Good Morning from a brighter Black Country.

I enjoyed the film Knives Out *NanKate and like you would give it a 7! The Good Liar I enjoyed more and would give that a 9!

Off to the gym shortly. Then home and showered to go out to meet friends for lunch at a country pub.

So sorry to hear about your friends Dragonfly that must be devastating. Watching the News yesterday, it is all so upsetting to see so many people suffering in the floods.

Best wishes to gilly I hope your mouth has subsided. I cannot imagine why it is taking so long for 'them' to sort this out flowers

Kalu Tue 18-Feb-20 08:05:03

Good morning from a soggy Glasgow. Heavy rain was relentless all day yesterday.

Hope you got some relief for your burning mouth gilly and you are feeling a bit better today Marydoll

DD2 and the girls will be here after school today then we are all going out for a meal to celebrate my 70th birthday today.

Hope all those with threats of flooding are ok with no damage to deal with

Stay safe everyone and have a pleasant day.

Urmstongran Tue 18-Feb-20 08:09:26

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where the 7:50am into Manchester Oxford Road has just pulled into the station. All the busy commuters getting on with a few getting off. It looks cold out but the sky is a beautiful apricot wash coming up behind the Pennines.

I’m waiting for the kettle to boil for my first cuppa of the day.

Ah, back in bed now. The joys of retirement eh? (Oops sorry Mommawolf!)

Well I finally set my Alexa Echo up yesterday! It’s good. I asked ‘her’ the temperature, what time was sunset and then requested ‘her’ to play Frank Ifield ‘I Remember You’.

I also started the 1,000 piece jigsaw. When I opened the box my stepfather had put away the ‘edges’ separately into a little plastic bag. What a good idea! When I rang him he said he’s always done that when breaking one up.

Taking our grandson for his swimming lesson at teatime then meeting friends for drinks this evening in another new local bar, 5 minutes walk up the road from us so not far to wobble home!

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x.

Urmstongran Tue 18-Feb-20 08:13:03

Happy Birthday Kalu! ???