Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Feb-20 06:09:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry and windy here at the moment in Brackley , my usual routine, get bus to Buckingham, then onto Bicester vice versa , will have lunch on return to Buckingham , and hopefully there maybe a flea market on, as the weather tends to dictate stallholders , who are not using any shelter above stalls with there items .
Mick

annsixty Sat 22-Feb-20 06:14:05

Good morning all.
A very early post from me but we have had a wild and wet night which has kept me awake for hours.
I feel for those in areas affected by floods as it doesn’t seem to be getting any better..
My usual day in.
I hope you all have as good a day as you can.

MawB Sat 22-Feb-20 06:14:58

Good morning Mick and all to come.
Woken by the wind which is getting really annoying. No other reason for being awake so early on a Saturday!
I hope your Flea market takes place Mick , I noticed that Olney’s weekly market was very thin on the ground when I drove past on Thursday.
No plans for today other than some rugby this afternoon.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

farview Sat 22-Feb-20 06:16:24

Morning Mick and everyone else....dark and wet here in Lancashire....been up since 4a.m..woken up by the howling wind which is blowing in a different direction as it doesn't normally hit this side of the house..out with my sister later,glad half term is over as I'm shattered haha.. praying for all with worries....enjoy your day...

Beechnut Sat 22-Feb-20 06:23:46

Good Morning everyone. It’s dark, raining and windy on Severnside.

A few errands this morning and a look around the shops.

This afternoon I might sort out some bits and pieces for a craft lesson.

Miserable as it is with the weather I hope you all have a good day and that anyone with a appointments yesterday went hopefully without any hitches ?

Ginny42 Sat 22-Feb-20 07:07:00

Good morning Mick and everyone. I'm late this morning as I got side-tracked reading the news. It's pouring with rain and windy here in Cheshire. Heard the roof timbers creaking and thought Oh no! Not again!, but the BBC weather forecast says more of the same for days.

Hopefully the stallholders with protection with be at the flea market Mick. I was to meet my sister at a small privately owned garden centre where the staff are very knowledgeable about garden design. I live too far away for them to do it for me, but they will advise with photos. I may leave it till the weather improves and just go for lunch instead!

The past week has been pretty traumatic for many of the early morning brigade, so hoping appointments and treatments are going well. Special wishes to the gillybobs marydoll and dragonfly and to anyone affected by the flooding. flowers

NanKate Sat 22-Feb-20 07:20:12

Morning Mick and All.

Calm but grey sky here in South Bucks.

Off to see a theatre production of ‘Round the Horne’ loved this show in the 1960s. Seen a snippet online and it was really funny.

Hoping for some respite for Gillybob and All the poorly folk ?

Scentia Sat 22-Feb-20 07:22:06

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Wet and very windy outside this morning. Woken at 4am by the wind and for the first time in years managed to fall back to sleep till the alarm went off at 6.45.
Off to the parkrun in a bit, I won’t be running it again this week as my foot still hurts. Dog and I will watch DH and get wet! He is done and dusted in 20mins so not too bad.

DD is coming over after lunch as we are off to the garden centre, she wants some ideas. DH is off into Derby for an early doors pub crawl with some friends this afternoon.
Hope everyone has the best day possible today.x

BlueSapphire Sat 22-Feb-20 07:29:37

Good morning everyone; very windy in Northampton this morning but at least it's dry.
Saw the doctor yesterday who confirmed that it was completely normal to still be feeling sore and bruised after falling heavily three weeks ago. She had a good prod around(!) and said that three weeks was no time at all. Recommended that I use Deep Heat, so we shall see.
No plans for today, except (like Maw) watch rugby this afternoon. And have a go at the crossword.
Hope the day is kind to us.

kittylester Sat 22-Feb-20 07:34:09

Morning all from a blustery and rainy North Leicestershire.

Making a brunch for DH, DS1 and DN before the men go off to the football.

Hoping for news of our neighbour who is in hospital but doing very little else.

NfkDumpling Sat 22-Feb-20 07:36:14

Morning All

A very windy disturbed night (the weather not me). Dry though and a bit of sun sneaking between the scudding clouds.

Delivered DGS and DGDog back home last evening so a recovery day today. And a bit of cleaning. That dog leaves a cloud of wafting woolly fur wherever he walks. Fur balls rolls gently across the floor like tumble weed. I’ve never known a dog to permanently moult the way he does.

Pantglas2 Sat 22-Feb-20 07:37:20

Morning all from a damp north Wales where I shall have to brave the weather to fetch a paper soon - so no more lolling for me!

Some of You early starters seem to have something nice planned whereas I’m with the rugby brigade so will get chores out of the way this morning - some apple crumble to use the last of dad’s apples, I’ve had to throw a few out because I didn’t wrap them!

Have a good day everyone x

NannyJan53 Sat 22-Feb-20 07:42:02

Good Morning from a dry but blustery Black Country.

No real plans today, and as I have been out every day this week, need to stay in and do jobs around the house hmm

Had a text yesterday from next door to say that 3 doors down from them somebody tried to break in at 2.30 am whilst they were in bed. They disturbed them and they left luckily. Very worrying, as rather close for comfort.

I used to love Round the Horne too NanKate , is that the programme with the characters Julian and Sandy?

Hoping gilly and her DH are ok, and that there is closure for them soon, as it has dragged on far too long. Good wishes too for Marydoll Dragonfly and Lins

Mommawolf Sat 22-Feb-20 07:44:46

Goodmorning all. The wind is back Norfolk is rocking and rolling. The bride hunt for smiler was successful a lovely little female called Minnie will be joining us in a few days. Told she is a bit feisty which is good as smiler is the grumpiest goat I have ever know. He is named after smiler in last of the summer wine. I keep telling him I will send him to Cromer to join the Goats on a slope on the seafront cliffs. Hopefully Minnie will cheer him up. Hope yesterday went well GILLYBOB and thoughts with all who are unwell. Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Sat 22-Feb-20 07:45:47

Yes NannyJ ‘It’s good to varda your old eek’. The show is touring the country starting of in Henley on Thames tonight I will report back what we thought of it.

Brunette10 Sat 22-Feb-20 07:48:21

Good Morning from a windy and very cold Fife, I think we are in for some snow. Had lovely day yesterday with boys it turns out that DGS1 was at nursery after all, some communication misunderstanding. They are due along today so off out to the library with them. Hopefully we shall get this done before the snow starts. Thinking of all those affected by the floods, I do hope you are OK. Also thinking of everyone else with worries/illnesses look after yourself.

Sark Sat 22-Feb-20 07:56:48

Good Morning everyone from blustery Oxfordshire
Nannyjan53 how horrible, my parents were burgled and it really shakes you up.
I have a large mug of tea and a slight hangover (!) after a going for a curry with work friends last night. Was a fun night though.
Not much planned for today, usual food shop and probably see DDs and GC later.
Hope all have a good day and best wishes to all with troubles

Marydoll Sat 22-Feb-20 07:58:37

Good morning from a wet and wild Glasgow, I hardly slept. It was so windy.

A very quiet day today for me. Yesterday's appointments have left me rather tired. If I feel better later I may bake.

No more of my new heart meds can be sourced, as there is a manufacturing issue, leaving me in limbo once again.
My GP is also contacting the cardiac consultant, as my other meds are not as effective as they should be, I'm definitely a difficult , old biddy, but you knew that anyway!?
Fingers crossed for some resolution so I can get my life back and get up to mischief again.

When I got to the hospital yesterday, there were leaks everywhere. ☔The floors were swimming and the rain was relentless, it was actually quite dangerous walking.
A lucky escape was had. When I got home, DH showed me a clip of flooded roads near the hospital. There were cars
floating down the road!!!

www.bbc.co.uk/news-scotland-51589689

I had been complaining my journey to the hospital until I got talking ( are you surprised) to a lovely man from the Isle of Islay. He had flown down that morning for treatment and was flying back that night. My husband has done that journey, ( a whisky tour) and it is not the most pleasant of flights at the best of times in one of those little island hoppers.
The poor man was so worried that he would be stranded, as it looks as if his flight had been cancelled.
We spent the time talking about whisky and I don't even drink!?

Hoping for some good news from the Gillybobs, Susan hope your appointment went well and of course Dragonfly.
To all my lovely Good Morning pals, take care in this horrible weather and for anyone else who is poorly, my best wishes.

Curlywhirly Sat 22-Feb-20 07:59:53

Good morning from a very windy and wild Cheshire. nfkDumpling I know what you mean about dog hairs - we have a golden labrador, and I don't know how she is not bald! The dog hairs are unrelenting, I spend my life cleaning and hoovering, good job I'm retired!

Mommawolf oh, bet Smiler will have a smile on his face when he meets Minnie, hope she doesn't play hard to get?. Quiet day today (apart from the obligatory hoovering) so off to the shop soon to get a paper and give the dog a walk. Then cabin up to read and watch some TV in another room whilst himself watches rugby all afternoon! Hope all went well yesterday with the Gillybobs and that the operation is still on for 24th. Take care all, hope you have a lovely weekend.

cornergran Sat 22-Feb-20 08:16:29

Morning Mick, morning All from wild and wet corner of Somerset. The local radio weather forecaster has just told me it’s fine, strange when I can see horizontal rain outside. hmm. Really, really tired and down in the dumps today. Fibro flare up,and an overly ambitious week. Food shop and a clean around ahead today as feeding our lot tomorrow. Sounds as if you need a rest today marydoll, thank goodness you arrived safe home. Hope you get good news of your neighbour kitty. Thinking of gilly and her husband, dragonfly and all managing health or other worries. Stay safe everyone, hope Saturday is kind to all.

Taichinan Sat 22-Feb-20 08:20:39

Morning everyone. I do love reading your little snippets although I can rarely think of anything to say! Enjoyed some reflected glory yesterday though as somebody I didn't know rushed up to me to say she'd seen my Great Niece on TV. She was so excited that I thought she might ask for my autograph! And the mother of a friend featured in the local TV news having reached an amazing feisty 104. It appears I live my life in reflected light. Nothing planned for today except for a bit of cooking and then I love watching The Greatest Dancer, so that to look forward to this evening Enjoy your day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 22-Feb-20 08:22:01

Good morning from east London, dull and dry outside. Off to Southend today as DP is meeting his DS there and hopefully will get down to the nitty gritty of putting the house there on the market. DD and her DP have said they’ll join us as he wants to have a rummage in the garage which is so full of stuff, you can’t get a car in. Can’t hang about though as I have to be back in London for late afternoon; the choir is singing at a Blues Bash for charity this evening, sound check at 5.30. Hope you have a good day.

Grammaretto Sat 22-Feb-20 08:22:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the wind is still howling and we have snow promised. ?
The cake is in the oven for Saturday community coffee morning. I wonder how many will come.
The scaffolding is up ready for roof work whenever there's a fine day.

Your hospital experience sounds grim Marydoll . I can't help thinking all these stressful journeys do more harm than good.
Take care everyone and that includes you Bluesapphire

dragonfly46 Sat 22-Feb-20 08:39:38

Good morning from windy Leicestershire.

Dog walking this morning then looking at second hand cars that the dog can get into. He is not a jumper!

Mary hospital visits are a bind - I have 4 next week!

Hope Mr Gilly had his pre-assessment yesterday.

Lins1066 Sat 22-Feb-20 08:44:33

Good Morning Mick and all from a now dry S Welsh coast. I had very little sleep last night due to the howling wind and heavy rain, hence my later than usual post. More yellow weather warnings have been issued, the worst possible news for those whose homes and businesses have been flooded.

Take it easy today today Marydoll and BlueSapphire.
I hope that Minnie catches grumpy Smiler's eye * Mommawolf*.
DH is a big fan of Round the Horn NanKate.
Hope everyone will have a good day whatever you're doing.