Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Feb-20 06:13:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its been raining here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day some shredding to do, and general sort out.
The flea market at Buckingham was small , the stallholder I normally visit was not there.
With these floods effecting some of the country's scenic areas, like the Ribble upper area around the 3 peaks and its source, and damage else where what will these places be like for visitors later this year.
Mick

whywhywhy Sun 23-Feb-20 06:22:16

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Its wet and windy here at Market Harborough. Sorry to hear that your trip to the flea Market was poor. I think these floods are going to affect so many people. I feel so sorry for the farmers and people flooded out of their homes . We saw a dead sheep yesterday in a flooded field, so sad.

I've had a week of poor night's sleep and last night I didn't sleep at all. Also had a headache since Thursday. Fedup.
Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness, depression or fedup. X

Beechnut Sun 23-Feb-20 06:24:17

Good Morning everyone. Once again it is raining and blowing on Severnside. I cant hear them but see there is a lot of movement in the wind chimes. We live in a tree lined street and my neighbour was out cutting branches off the one outside his house yesterday.

I had a little mooch round the shops yesterday and bought some makeup and plants.

Came home to a late lunch and read my book all afternoon. A bit of a sad tale of a lost teenage love, found again only to once again be lost.

One more sleep gilly or I should say one more night as you said you would stay awake.
I hope you all have the best day you can. I’m looking fo to Last Tango tonight ?

Beechnut Sun 23-Feb-20 06:26:28

whywhywhy that grey sky everyday is never going to help is it.

whywhywhy Sun 23-Feb-20 06:39:54

I know Beechnut, I think we all need to see a bit of the ☀ to cheer us all up. Oh and the wind to calm down as well. Have a lovely, happy and healthy Sunday. X

NanKate Sun 23-Feb-20 07:01:22

Morning Mick and All.

Grey damp day in prospect here in South Bucks.

Had a good laugh last night at The Round the Horne Show at the theatre. Such happy memories.

Still keeping everything crossed for the Gillybobs. What stress for that poor couple. ?

ninathenana Sun 23-Feb-20 07:10:12

Good morning all.

Dry and windy in Kent but I think the rain is on it's way.
Lazy day of reading the papers then settling down to watch ?? ? ?? and hoping it's a better game than yesterday.
Best wishes to all that are troubled or poorly.

Nannytopsy Sun 23-Feb-20 07:10:42

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Wild and wet in Suffolk again. We had a lovely day yesterday with DD and her godmother but not sure what we shall do in this weather. I had planned a walk. Best wishes to MrGillybob.

ninathenana Sun 23-Feb-20 07:11:45

That should be two England flags.

EllanVannin Sun 23-Feb-20 07:14:09

Good Morning All x
Dark and damp and I think it's been raining all night. Woke up thinking it was later than it was--20 to 5 ! Anyway I made a cuppa and watched an old film. I was so wide awake with my mind working overtime, thinking about the poor souls in the floods if they've had rain again. I bet they hardly sleep at all sad

Remembered to get the meat out of the freezer for today--just.
Pleasantly surprised yesterday with visit from D, GS and 2 of my GGC, the room was full. They'd been shopping and the GGC couldn't wait to show me their wares courtesy of my D, they were so excited, including a snooker table which is being delivered tomorrow.

A bit of tidying up then cook the dinner later on so nothing too energetic.
Mick reminded me with his shredder that I must get one to clear the mountain of paperwork/ old bills I have in a box. I don't like risking it in the grey bin, even torn up.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Gillybobs for tomorrow and hoping everything goes to plan. xx Also hope that everyone is okay today. Have a peaceful Sunday and stay well and warm.

EllanVannin Sun 23-Feb-20 07:18:10

P.S. just looked at the late film tonight---Noah ! Not the most appropriate film to show is it ?

NfkDumpling Sun 23-Feb-20 07:18:49

Morning All

It's horribly wet and soggy out there this morning but only a little breeze -so far.

Off to visit DD2 this morning with souvenir present for DGD from our Uganda trip and wine for her parents for keeping an eye on our house. Our last Big Adventure.

Good Luck Gillybobs. All fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow. And gentle (((hugs))) to Mr Gillybob.

Brunette10 Sun 23-Feb-20 07:23:57

Good Morning from what I hope to be a dry and quiet Fife today. Meeting friends for breakfast and catch up. Didn't sleep well at all last night for some reason so up with the lark today. Hoping everyone has a more settled day weather wise. Thinking about the gillybobs, we are all behind you and everyone else with troubles/ Take care everyone, I hope today is good for you all.

Curlywhirly Sun 23-Feb-20 07:29:05

Good morning all from a wet, but no longer windy Cheshire. Up early to feed our greedy dog and now back in bed with a cuppa. I am off out later, going for afternoon tea with the ladies to celebrate our friend's 65th Birthday. Himself will be cabined up watching the rugby, so I'm glad I'm escaping! Went out for a meal last night and we waited at least 1 hour between courses. People next to us, who had arrived after us, had eaten 3 courses and gone and we were still waiting for our main meal! Finally, when the mains arrived, the manager apologise and said we wouldn't have to pay for the mains as we had waited so long. There was an offer on, free bottle of wine per couple, so we ended up paying only £27.00 for a 3 course meal each with wine - cheap night!
Fingers and toes crossed for the Gillybobs and hope everyone has a good day.

NfkDumpling Sun 23-Feb-20 07:37:07

The wind has arrived! I had so hoped the forecast was wrong.

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 23-Feb-20 07:44:23

Good morning Mike and everybody, from a very windy Oxfordshire, stayed up late last night to make sure DD and GCs arrived home ok, the A30 to Cornwall was closed at the exit from the M5 so a long detour to Plymouth for her. But she arrived home at midnight, better that she went the rather than early this morning.
I’m also shredding paper , I stuff loo roll holders tightly with the paper and then DD takes them home to use as firefighters.
Apart from changing 3 beds today a relatively peaceful day.
Thinking of those worse off than ourselves today and hoping they all have a better day.

kittylester Sun 23-Feb-20 07:44:50

Morning all from a damp North Leicestershire.

0ff to buy dh some new gym kit today and no doubt I'll spot something I fancy too!

Best wishes to gillybobs.

Mommawolf Sun 23-Feb-20 07:54:30

Goodmorning all from a wet soggy Norfolk, very little wind as yet. Walking the dogs just now everything seemed grey and miserable until I turned into lower meadow to be greeted by a sea of daffodils in full bloom,against the grey sky they look spectacular, lifts the spirits. A quiet day planned. Church, lunch, and lots of dog cuddles. I have begun to read a wonderful book called A wolf called Romeo the story of a wild black wolf who lived alongside people in a town in alaska and played with the dogs of the area, some amazing photos. Good luck for tomorrow GILLYBOB i will be thinking of you. Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Sun 23-Feb-20 07:56:11

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is very windy with heavy rain.A lot of floods round here,several villages cut off.
Didn’t surface at all yesterday.Had a bit of a day of it on Friday.Started well meeting friends but then slipped and fell while holding DGD.I managed to hold her up but in doing so twisted somehow,nothing broken but black and blue.After that a long session at the hospital so spent yesterday in bed.
Will take it easy today.
Sending good wishes to Mary,Lins,dragonfly and all unwell or with worries.
Gilly,will be thinking of you and your DH and hope everything goes to plan tomorrow.Sending you love and strength.x

cornergran Sun 23-Feb-20 07:58:21

Morning Mick, morning All. Oh so windy in our corner of Somerset, sky a uniform grey. Sending good luck wishes to gilly and her husband, hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

brook2704 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:06:20

Good morning everyone from Inverness - a little bit more snow yesterday but nothing really sticking .
No plans yet for today - will see what the day brings !
Hope anyone with worries of any type has the best day possible ?

Mommawolf Sun 23-Feb-20 08:08:59

Here it comes NFK DUMPLING. The wind has just hit us with a vengeance. The alpacas have run for cover in the stables. This is getting silly now, where is spring?

QuaintIrene Sun 23-Feb-20 08:11:53

Good morning everyone. Not really, floods of tears. Little cat died this morning. I haven’t been well this week and she has been snuggled with me Day and night. Dozed off at 7am listening to the news on the radio and then she died.
But perspective. Love to all troubled or ill. Love to everyone else ?

Sark Sun 23-Feb-20 08:13:00

Morning all.
Very windy in Oxfordshire this morning.
Lazy start today, reading book with a big mug of 'builders' tea before doing some jobs then going out for lunch with all the family.
Best wishes to all and roll on some sunshine..I think we all need some!

Sark Sun 23-Feb-20 08:16:09

flowers QuaintIrene
It is sad to lose a much loved pet