Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Mon 24-Feb-20 06:09:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, with a little wind and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Managed to get my shredding done yesterday , before I settled down for the day.
Today , cycling on TV this morning ,and then a general sort later.
Mick

Scentia Mon 24-Feb-20 06:22:10

Good Morning Michael, and all to come. Wet and windy here in East Staffordshire.
Mr and Mrs Gilly should be at the hospital now so ?.xx
Early start today as the factory is going to be busy this week.
Take care everyone❤️

kittylester Mon 24-Feb-20 06:36:09

Morning all from a wet and windy North Leicestershire.

A really busy day for us doing all sorts of things including a trip to the audiologist for dh, the charity shop and the dump! We do live exciting lives.

Wishing the gillybobs a successful day.

There are lots of newcomers who post later in the day so can I say welcome to you all.

Beechnut Mon 24-Feb-20 06:36:47

Good Morning Mick and Scentia and all who follow.

A wet start again on Severnside.

Washing, pottering and a walk to the post box is what I have in store today.

Hope all goes to plan for the gillybobs. Today has not come quick enough for them.
And for everyone have a good day ?

Beechnut Mon 24-Feb-20 06:37:26

Hello kitty

Ginny42 Mon 24-Feb-20 06:41:20

Good morning Mick Scentia and all who follow. I don't have to look out as I can hear the rain battering on the skylights here in Cheshire. Yesterday turned out sunny in the afternoon, I even got washing dry, so fingers crossed it clears again later.

I've done my usual trick of leaving shopping till I have half a carrot, so it's a trip to the supermarket first thing. That's after waiting in for the third time for a parcel to be delivered. PO were very apologetic, but I need the biotin I ordered which will hopefully counter drastic hair loss. I could be bald by the time it arrives. Seriously, I discovered it's more than likely some meds causing it, and managed to book and appointment online last night for next Friday.

Very insignificant I know when others are facing challenging circumstances. Very warm wishes today to gillybob and her DH. Hope all goes smoothly and he is home very soon. Warm wishes also to all struggling with illness or sadness. Take care and stay safe everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 24-Feb-20 06:58:50

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Raining here in Suffolk too. We are up early to wave goodbye to DD who has been here for the weekend. A lovely time was had by all but she looks to have a grotty journey ahead.
? for the Gillybobs and I hope today is kind to everyone.

Curlywhirly Mon 24-Feb-20 07:17:43

Good morning from a very wet and wild Cheshire. DS and his family have just returned from skiing and I don't think our little DGS slept very well whilst they were away, so we had him sleep here last night. He woke up twice, but did go back off, so not so bad. We are cuddled up now on the sofa watching Duggie, his favourite TV programme. Off to Mums n Tots later with him, where I meet one of my dearest friends, who is also there with her DGD. Hope all goes well for the Gillybobs and every one has a good day.

Pantglas2 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:19:23

Morning all from a sodden north Wales and there’s more to come! I have to take my car in for service and MOT so no choice but to go out in it.....argh!

Popped in early to wish Mr Gillybob all the best for his op and hope you’re feeling better Susan56 after your fall - you’ll end up in Gobowen if you’re not careful! Good tip of yours by the way, re parking - I’ve still got 3 days left and that’s after SIL used it with GS appointment last week.

Hope everyone with worries has a better day x

Grandmafrench Mon 24-Feb-20 07:26:26

Morning from S.France. Beautiful morning, up early to drop by Clinic for blood test before it gets busy, then planning my ‘reward’ - breakfast at the bakery in the sunshine. Meeting friends later for ramble and picnic. Will shop on market day, tomorrow, then tackle the laundry. Wishing everyone health, strength, positivity and a decent start to the week!

dragonfly46 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:27:47

Good morning from a very wet Leicestershire.

First hospital appointment of the week. Taking DH to the haematologist but first must take dog out in the rain.

Wishing the Gillybobs well.

Marydoll Mon 24-Feb-20 07:30:06

Good morning Mick all from a wet Glasgow. I long for the weather to improve, as going out in this cold, windy weather seems to trigger an angina attack, so I've been advised to stay in until the weather improves. I'm going stir crazy and spending far too much time and money online! sad

Another day in for me today, a bit of pottering about and some hems to take up. I plan do some batch cooking, as the freezer is looking a little bare and it means that if I'm unwell, DH won't starve.

I'm going to welcome all the newbies to the thread, before I forget. Our numbers are growing fast, a testament to Mick and his gentle thread.

I had an unexpected visit from a lovely young man from church yesterday, concerned that I hadn't been there and people had been asking where I was. (It was probably much quieter!)
He came in to drop something someone had left for me and stayed for two hours. It was great to catch up on all the gossip news. grin
He has autism and sometimes feels life is overwhelming, so I like to keep my eye on him.

Best wishes to all my poorly pals, have a great day whatever your plans.

I will be keeping the Gillybobs in my thoughts and prayers and hoping everything goes ahead. It's been a very long traumatic journey.

DoraMarr Mon 24-Feb-20 07:32:08

Good morning from a dull and wet Birmingham. I’m hoping the gillybobs arrived safely this morning, and Mr G will have a solution to his problems at last.
Coffee with a friend this morning in a nice restaurant run by a Syrian who walked most of the way here after many of his family were killed by bombs. He is happy here now, and making a new life for himself. Delicious coffee and baklava for elevenses. Then some admin for a new U3A group I am setting up. I may go to see “Parasite” later.
I hope everyone has a good day, especially those with problems.

NannyJan53 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:35:56

Good Morning from a very soggy Black Country where it is still belting it down.

I don't think I will be going on my Monday morning walk. Will go to the gym later. Then dental appointment this afternoon.

Flood warnings are still in force in areas such as Shrewsbury.

Snow in Staffordshire has just been forecast. Our local BBC weather forecaster today is Sara Blizzard smile

Best wishes to the gillybobs hope everything goes to plan.

Sark Mon 24-Feb-20 07:36:39

Good Morning everyone
Just grey in Oxfordshire so far.
First day in nursery/reception class for little GD (only just 3) and have just received a beautiful photo of her in her uniform..she is very excited!
Hi Grandmafrench I am envious as we love SW France and I can imagine the bakery and market trip..lovely!
Best wishes to all especially Gillybob and family

Grammaretto Mon 24-Feb-20 07:36:42

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Where's the snow we were promised?
My day sounds like yours kitty sorting, clearing, cleaning and trying to dry washing.
I saw Mrs Lowry and Son for the second time last night. I think it's a good film.
I hope the Gillybobs day goes according to plan ??
Have fun if you can everyone.

Brunette10 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:38:01

Good Morning from a cold, wet and breezy Fife. Weather is not to be nice today snow/rain so have chores to do inside so will get them all done. Had nice day out yesterday with friends catching up. Thinking of those with ailments/worries today and special thoughts go to the gillybobs. Take care.

Curlywhirly Mon 24-Feb-20 07:38:54

Wow DoraMarr one cannot imagine what horrors your Syrian refugee has had to endure. I am so pleased he managed to escape and was welcomed in the UK. Good luck to him.

Urmstongran Mon 24-Feb-20 07:40:00

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s wet and cold. We are going into Timperley village (just into Cheshire Ginny42 so over your way) to meet friends for coffee and a sandwich.

Half term is over for our daughter so she’ll be on her way into work right now having dropped the children off at their childminder where they have breakfast then a walk to school.

Some errands to run this afternoon then this evening Himself takes our 7y old grandson to the JJB for football coaching. I stay home - will probably read my book and telephone a couple of friends.

The gillybobs will be at the hospital now after another sleepless night. I hope all goes well for them and that Monday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

oldgoat Mon 24-Feb-20 07:40:25

Woken to a winter wonderland this morning here in York , our first snow of the winter. The River Ouse is expected to rise to dangerous levels again today so lots of properties at risk of flooding.
I'm up early this morning to make myself beautiful for the first Leeds Grans meetup. What a day for it!
Going to use the bus and hoping to get the seat at the front, upstairs.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible and thinking of all our GN friends with health and family problems.

annep1 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:45:38

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a happy cheerful day.
Wet and dark here in County Antrim.
Awake since 5.30am so hope I am still lively and well enough for art class at 2pm.
Watched a great little film called Wild at the weekend on Netflix. Have ordered the book.
Will be thinking of Gillybobs.

Gingster Mon 24-Feb-20 07:45:57

Good morning all. Back from Suffolk and having a leisurely day in. DD will be popping in after dropping GD to Nursery for the morning. It will be nice to have her for a coffee and catch up as we haven’t seen each other for over a week. Always lots to chat about. All the bulbs are coming up now and crocuses , snowdrops and primroses are in bloom. No daffs out here yet but shouldn’t be too long. Spring IS on its way. Thoughts with all . ?

Sark Mon 24-Feb-20 07:56:33

annepl we also watched Wild and thought it was good

conor Mon 24-Feb-20 07:56:39

Good morning from a damp Essex. Early start for me today as annual gardeners arriving at 8 to cut down and trim large trees and shrubs. I love gardening but can't climb high enough to keep them all nicely shaped. Then meeting friends for coffee and chat this afternoon. Loved Call the Midwife last night and did cry and also enjoyed Last Tango. So pleased it is back for another run!
Thinking of Gillybobs today and hoping everything goes well xxxx

Snoopy66 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:57:44

Good morning everyone fro a very wet and windy Wirral (by Liverpool). Nothing exciting to announce shopping to be done then a trip to my local charity shops life is not exciting at the moment. Chin up weather will improve soon.