Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(120 Posts)
12Michael Sun 01-Mar-20 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start with a clear sky but looks frosty on the ground here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet Sunday for me , small shop, watch Tv , cycling on later,
But ill have my usual afternoon snooze , and recharge myself
Mick

cornergran Sun 01-Mar-20 06:33:04

Morning Mick, morning All from a wet and windy corner of Somerset. I’m envious of a clear, frosty start to the day mick. Been awake since just after 5 courtesy of loud thunder. It’s our anniversary today, not sure how Mr C has coped for 51 years, so a table booked for lunch. Hope everyone has had a peaceful night and Sunday is kind to us all, especially those struggling with health or other worries.

Mommawolf Sun 01-Mar-20 06:34:24

Goodmorning I am Hannah MOMMAWOLFs daughter. Iam so sorry to post bad news but as mum felt such a connection with you all we wanted you to know that she has not just disappeared. After a lovely day with friends in Essex yesterday my parents were driving home(mum was posting on the drive) when a drunk driver flew out of a side road and hit them, the impact rolled them into a ditch. The drunk walked away my parents did not and died at the scene. They were together in life which they lived to the full now together in eternity. Their legacy is the farm which will go forward along their chosen path. Mum would say live, laugh, love and be happy. MOMMAWOLF says goodbye friends. Love Hannah.

Pantglas2 Sun 01-Mar-20 06:46:24

Oh dear lord..... Condolences Hannah x flowers

Nanabanana1 Sun 01-Mar-20 06:46:28

Hannah how very dreadful for you, my heart goes out to you, I loved your Mum’s posts she will be sadly missed here.
You and your family are in my thoughts.

cornergran Sun 01-Mar-20 07:03:09

Such a shock. I’m so sorry hannah, my condolences to you and your family. and my thanks for thinking of us here.

Anoia Sun 01-Mar-20 07:06:58

So sorry to hear your news, my heart goes out to you. I loved hearing about the new puppy.

heavensjoys Sun 01-Mar-20 07:12:33

Hannah, this is such dreadful news, my sincere condolences of the very sad loss of your beloved parents.

I rarely post on this forum, but so enjoy reading what the Grans are all doing. Your Mum was very loved here and her posts were full of love for her family and her life.

I am so sorry, God bless your Mum and Dad and may they rest in peace.

Susan56 Sun 01-Mar-20 07:13:58

So sorry to hear your dreadfully sad news Hannah.Sending my love,thoughts and prayers to you.xx

Chewbacca Sun 01-Mar-20 07:14:26

So dreadfully sorry to hear this, please accept my condolences.

nonnasusie Sun 01-Mar-20 07:14:44

Sincere condolences ?

mumofmadboys Sun 01-Mar-20 07:16:05

Thank you for letting us know Hannah. You must be in total shock. May your dear parents RIP.Take care

Urmstongran Sun 01-Mar-20 07:16:40

I’m shocked and upset to read your post about your mum Hannah. Thank you for being so thoughtful in your grief. We all loved your mum’s posts. She had only just told us of the arrival of Molly to the farm. Her morning tales were like something out of Darling Buds of May and I found them a joy to read - one of each morning’ true pleasures.

I cannot hardly even believe the tragedy that has happened. It is a shock. My heart goes out to you and your extended family Hannah with my sincere condolences.

The warmth of your mum shone through in her posts. She will be missed by all of us.
?

Gingster Sun 01-Mar-20 07:18:29

What a terrible shock. I’m quite new to Gransnet and loved hearing about the farm life. Your mum sounded such a lovely family lady. Thoughts and good wishes to you, Hannah, and all your family. ?

Urmstongran Sun 01-Mar-20 07:22:23

You never know the day ahead do you? This was Mommawolf’s post yesterday morning. It makes for a poignant read:

Goodmorning all from a cold and frosty norfolk, very slippery outside. Just walked the big dogs through the orchard there are buds on the plum trees, the whole garden is just waiting for some warmth. Molly will begin her training at about six months URMSTONGRAN she will be introduced to the livestock slowly then we like to start with sheep in an enclosure to judge her speed she will learn basic commands by watching the other dogs then run with them. It takes a while as they get tired quickly at first. When she is fast enough to outrun the sheep she can be worked with the flock with Nana and Maggie showing her the ropes. Every dog is different they learn at their own pace. Hope you all have a good day and that all who are suffering find some relief today. Spring must be out there somewhere.

RIP lovely lady.

Yiayia4 Sun 01-Mar-20 07:22:56

What terrible news sincere condolences?

Scentia Sun 01-Mar-20 07:46:17

Oh my, what sad news to wake up to. Thankyou Hannah for letting us know this news in what must be a devastating time for your family.❤️

vena11 Sun 01-Mar-20 07:47:09

I am so so sorry Hannah , what a shock for you all. Condolences to you all flowers

Beechnut Sun 01-Mar-20 07:51:02

So very sorry to read about this Hannah and send my condolences. Your mum’s GM stories were enjoyed by us all. ?

Auntieflo Sun 01-Mar-20 07:52:02

Oh Hannah, what an awful shock to you. I could not believe what I read. Your lovely mum cheered us up with her beautiful posts about the farm and her animals. Thank you for taking the time to tell us .

MawB Sun 01-Mar-20 07:53:10

Shocked and deeply saddened at this dreadful news
RIP Mommawolf and sincere sympathy to all her family flowers

Marydoll Sun 01-Mar-20 07:54:28

What terrible news, I can't believe this has happened. You all seemed a happy, close family.
My sincere condolences to all of you. ?
RIP Mommawolf

NanKate Sun 01-Mar-20 08:06:41

Desperately sad news Hannah. Your Mum lightened our day with her wonderful stories of farm life. She will be sadly missed, this is just tragic. ?

BlueBelle Sun 01-Mar-20 08:08:37

Dear Hannah I hadn’t come across your Mum on GN but I didn’t want to go past this thread without offering you my heartfelt condolences It is such a terrible shock for you and other members of your family and there is little anyone can say that will be of any value to you at the moment
Love and care to you all x

Sark Sun 01-Mar-20 08:09:34

Such dreadful news and I am so very sorry for you and your family Hannah.
Every morning I looked out for the post from your Mum and without fail she brightened my day. flowers