Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Mar-20 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet here in Brackley this morning.
Mind you the days are starting to open up with more daylight.
Today, a general stay in clean up , and maybe some banking.
Mick

Scentia Mon 02-Mar-20 06:30:32

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It is getting light already and looks dry and cold out there.
Normal work day for me today, I may go swimming this evening if I feel like it! I do like swimming but it is tempting in this weather to just come home and put my pyjamas on!!
I do hope we all have the best day possible today.

Beechnut Mon 02-Mar-20 06:48:14

Good Morning Mick and Scentia and all who follow from a damp and fairly light Severnside.

A few errands to run today.

Hope you all have a pleasant day ?

BlueSapphire Mon 02-Mar-20 06:57:40

Good morning everyone from yet another wet day in Northampton. Still shaken by yesterday's news about Mommawolf. Dread to think about how their poor family must be feeling.

Yoga this morning, then nothing else planned for the rest of the day. Probably some tidying up and pottering.

Rugby did not have the desired result on Saturday, another loss. I have never been so cold there before- ended up having to go and buy a blanket from the club shop! DD and her husband installed my new tv set-top box for me afterwards, and all is working ok. Then we enjoyed a delicious Chinese takeaway.

Went to see the new "Emma" film yesterday - it was excellent. Then a nice meal out to celebrate DS's birthday - how did he get to be 41?

Hoping we have the best day we can.

Grammaretto Mon 02-Mar-20 06:57:52

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. It's clear and still and not too cold.
Plenty to keep me busy today but where to start? U3A this afternoon and a committee meeting this evening.
Have a good day everyone whatever you have planned.

kittylester Mon 02-Mar-20 06:59:04

Morning all from a very cold North Leicestershire.

Pootling and faffing here this morning. This afternoon I have a meeting (in the pub!) about starting a village group for older people especially those living with dementia.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Ginny42 Mon 02-Mar-20 06:59:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a clear blue sky and frosty this morning in north Cheshire. It is lovely to waken up to daylight. I shall walk in the woods with my neighbours, then I'm going into Liverpool to meet an old colleague for lunch.

I have a camellia which needs potting up so I will call at a garden centre on the way home. It's coming into bloom in my kitchen.

Warm wishes to all. Special thoughts to all on the sick list. flowers

Sark Mon 02-Mar-20 07:02:19

Good Morning everyone
Just grey in Oxfordshire which is pretty much how I feel today!
Can't help thinking about dear Mommawolf
Anyway my maudlin won't help anyone so will slap on a bit of lippy and head off to work soon.
Sending best wishes to all

Kalu Mon 02-Mar-20 07:09:16

Good morning from a Mick, Scentia and Beechnut and all. A dry but breezy day here in Perthshire.

Just waiting for my neighbour to arrive for coffee then we will be off for a long dog walk. Good for blowing away the cobwebs and blethering along the way.

Best wishes to all with illness and struggles and hoping all have a pleasant day.

ninathenana Mon 02-Mar-20 07:13:15

Good morning from damp Kent.

I've been awake of and on since 4am with a tickley cough. Gave up at 6.15m which is far too early for me.
No plans for today.
Hope whatever your doing today goes well and those that are poorly feel better.

brook2704 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:23:52

Good Morning everyone from a bright and cold Inverness
Back home now after a really lovely weekend away
I’ll be off to the gym later - nothing too strenuous and then a bit of shopping.
Still thinking of mommawolf and her family ?
Hope everyone has the best day they can especially those with worries and struggles

Curlywhirly Mon 02-Mar-20 07:26:27

Good morning all. Had little DGS over to sleep, he only woke once, so not too bad. Off to my regular Mums n Tots with him later. Couldn't stop thinking about Mommawolf yesterday, what a shock, such a tragedy for her poor family. Hope everyone has a good day, take care.

NanKate Mon 02-Mar-20 07:26:37

Good Morning Mick and All.

A grey cold day here in South Bucks.

Having lost Oldgaijin and Mommawolf in February let us remember them both with happy memories and move onto Spring and happier times. ??

Hope your hospital appointment goes positively Mary.

I like your idea of your proposed village club Kitty.

Off to have my grotty old feet sorted out.

cornergran Mon 02-Mar-20 07:26:39

Morning Mick, morning All from a clear, cold corner of Somerset. Food shop and with luck a walk today. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 02-Mar-20 07:34:47

Morning All

A rather damp start to the day here in the north of Norfolk, but the sky is clear now.

A friend is coming for coffee and cake and a catch up this morning. Time has slipped by so fast and we've a lot of catching up to do.

And then - I have a much dreaded appointment with the dentist this afternoon. I lost part of a filling last May and my NHS dentist cancelled on me three times for a crown to be fitted. So, I've made an appointment with a private dentist with a good reputation. It'll cost a little more (but not as much as expected) but hopefully it'll be done and sorted.

Strengthening vibes as always to the Gillybobs, Mary, Dragonfly and Momma's family if Hannah calls by, and everyone else who's having a hard time.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:34:50

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey sky here in S E Essex.

Off to the gym this morning, then I shall spend the afternoon putting the house back to normal after 6 days off GC duty.

Take care Goodmorningers x thinking of the poorly folks and those who are no longer here flowers

farview Mon 02-Mar-20 07:35:57

Good Morning everyone..snowy showers and thick frost here in Lancashire..looking forward to my bed tonight after 3nights sleeping on the settee at my sons..
Cannot stop thinking about Mommawolf hard to believe that there will be no more wonderful tales from her...
Take care and enjoy your day..because life is very precious

Susan56 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:37:27

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s a bright start.
Today is my 60th birthday and our daughters have surprised me by booking us a hotel stay at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool so breakfast,packing and we’re off.
Hope you are feeling better Mary and dragonfly and all who are unwell.
Gilly,I hope your DH has had a reasonable weekend.Sending love and strength to you both.x

Brunette10 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:40:40

Good Morning from a bright but very cold Fife. DH has a tooth to be extracted today, some more treatment following on from 2 weeks ago. Shall wait and see how that all goes. Collected new car yesterday so I may take it around the block to customise myself to it, cars are so high tech these days. Thinking of those with ailments and troubles today. Take care.

Sark Mon 02-Mar-20 07:41:57

Happy Birthday Susan56
Have a great time in Liverpoolcupcakewineflowers

Brunette10 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:43:08

Happy Birthday Susan56 - have fun flowers

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:49:17

Good Morning from a frosty Black Country, but with bright blues skies at the moment.

Walking for Health walk this morning, then this afternoon off to the town hall to see the film Mrs Lowry and Son.

Happy Birthday Susan56 flowers hope you have a lovely day.

Mommawolf has been constantly on my mind, still cannot believe it.

Wishing you all a good day, with special thoughts to Marydoll Dragonfly and gilly,

Urmstongran Mon 02-Mar-20 07:49:41

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s sunny!

I’ve got an appointment with the dental hygienist late morning. He’s new to the practice and gentle. Makes all the difference as I’m a devout coward.

Picking my stepfather up after that as I don’t want him to be on his own today. My mum died 2y ago today and we are going out to lunch at one of her favourite restaurants where we will raise a glass to her.

Himself will be taking our grandson to his football coaching at 6pm. It’s indoors at least.

I’m another thinking of Hannah and her family. Her news yesterday was such a shock it stayed with me all yesterday. Mommawolf joined GN only at Christmas time. I remember it as her first post coincided with one of our daughter’s birthday. We didn’t get to ‘know’ her for long did we but she made us all happier reading her lovely posts.

Hope Monday is kind to us all - especially the gillybobs dragonfly and Marydoll - whether we have any plans or none. x

Nannytopsy Mon 02-Mar-20 07:50:53

Good morning Mick and all his followers from a light grey Suffolk. It has been raining but is dry now. The forecast for the next few days is a bit better - fingers crossed that does dry up.
There are lots of jobs to do this week and I am not sure where to start! Getting up is probably the best thing to do first!
Hope the day is kind to you all.

Lins1066 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:52:21

Good Morning Mick and all.
The sun is out here on the S Welsh coast, will make the most of it and go for a walk this morning.
Happy Birthday Susan, have a lovely time ?
Hope we all have a better day today.