Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Tue 03-Mar-20 06:11:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but its cold and a frosty start to the day.
Usual day , housework, then get buses and have a few hours away from home.
I usually see people I have got to know on the local bus to Buckingham ,and chat.
The area on my bus routes is slowly changing with work on HS2 in its early stages being done.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 03-Mar-20 06:29:27

Good Morning Mick and all who follow from a frosty Severnside where it is just getting light.

A usual Tuesday for me apart from not sure about going swimming yet. We’ll see.

I hope that you all have the best day possible ?

BlueBelle Tue 03-Mar-20 06:31:20

Good morning it’s a clear but grey start in Suffolk we had beautiful sunshine yesterday
Off to work at 8 have a good day everyone

Sark Tue 03-Mar-20 06:34:12

Good Morning Mick and all to follow
Still dark here in Oxfordshire.
We have a man coming in today to finalise taking over at work so I am a little apprehensive but it will all work out I am sure.
Have a good Tuesday everyone and thinking of all with troubles

Sark Tue 03-Mar-20 06:36:28

And also Good Morning Beechnut and BlueBelle!

Scentia Tue 03-Mar-20 06:46:47

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks a little grey outside this morning but just so happy I can SEE what it looks like at this hour!!
Blood Doning at lunchtime and then a visit to my DD for tea and my opportunity to bath and put DGS to bed.
I do hope that you all have the best day possible today.

Sar53 Tue 03-Mar-20 06:53:08

Good morning everyone from a sunny but cold Essex by the sea.
Apart from coffee later with a local social group, nothing much planned for today.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

Curlywhirly Tue 03-Mar-20 06:56:30

Good morning from a drizzly but light (!) Cheshire. Quiet day today after a busy one yesterday with DGS. Hope you all have a good day.

Nannytopsy Tue 03-Mar-20 06:57:03

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Lovely morning here in our bit of Suffolk too, with a sharp frost. I still haven’t done my ironing so that is the first job this morning. Then I want to get into the garden if I can.
You will see some changes Mick as HS2 gets going.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

kittylester Tue 03-Mar-20 07:02:07

Good morning from an overcast and drizzly North Leicestershire.

I'm off to Leicester to help on a Carer's course and then home before we go to concert this evening.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Gingster Tue 03-Mar-20 07:20:14

Chilly but bright here in Essex. Heading up to the Suffolk coast next week, so I’m glad the winds have abated as it can be wild up there. Perhaps the weather has started to settle down a bit and there is a touch of Spring in The air. Going to my Bridge group this afternoon and perhaps again this evening. I’ll see if my brains still working ! Hope everyone has a gentle day.

NanKate Tue 03-Mar-20 07:24:06

Good morning Mick Kitty and All.

Cloud and sunshine here in South Bucks.

Packing up ready to go down to Sussex early tomorrow to look after the grandsons whilst their Dad is on tour. There will be lots of fun, laughter and exhaustion !

Urmstongran Tue 03-Mar-20 07:29:11

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s raining again! We had gorgeous sunshine yesterday too so I’d been lulled into thinking ‘that’s it’ for wet weather. Not so it seems. Ah well, this time tomorrow we’ll be in a taxi on our way to Manchester airport as we are off back to Malaga and it’s wall to wall sunshine there and 22°C.
?

I only take a handbag so no packing to do today. I have a hair appointment this afternoon then at tea time we will be taking our grandson to his swimming lesson before meeting friends for a meal tonight. Lovely.

Hopefully Tuesday will be good to us all - special thoughts to all our poorly friends - whether we have plans or none. x

Ginny42 Tue 03-Mar-20 07:31:06

Good morning Mick and everyone. What a change in the weather today after the glorious sunshine yesterday in Cheshire. I rather foolishly binged on Poldark last night and feel very sluggish this morning. Serves me right.

I won't do my usual walk in the woods this morning as I'm accompanying my DSis to the dentist in Manchester. The plan is to have lunch, but hers may be through a straw!

Have a good day everyone. Special wishes to Gilly, Dragonfly, Marydoll and who are unwell or sad.

Pantglas2 Tue 03-Mar-20 07:32:41

Morning all from dry north Wales where the chamberpot of tea is going down a treat, possibly because DH made it as he can now walk short distances without a stick - attaboy!

Trotting off to Llandudno with clothes for charity shop later and coffee with DD and her friend then possibly lunch at the new-to-us Thai restaurant.

Will pop in later to see if GC has arrived for oliversnana and that those with worries are having some good news x

cornergran Tue 03-Mar-20 07:33:11

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey and wet in our corner of Somerset. Can you hear the sigh? Out and about today. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 03-Mar-20 07:35:14

Good morning from east London, bright sky, quite cool although I much prefer this to the wet we’ve been having. I’ve also thought about going swimming but I’ve got my cup of tea and book now so will go another day. Lovely afternoon yesterday catching up with friends; today DP wants to go to the Southend house but his back is playing up so plans may have to be changed. Have a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 03-Mar-20 07:41:11

Good afternoon Mick and all x

Blue sky and no wind here in S E Essex.

Bed changing and batch cooking today, might also bake some banana bread.

GS for sleepover after school today, lots of cuddles and giggles.

Thinking of The gillybobs, Marydoll and all those with troubles.

Keep safe folks.

brook2704 Tue 03-Mar-20 07:44:19

Good Morning everyone from a frosty and cold Inverness and the sun is shining at last
Yesterday afternoon I ventured out into the soggy garden to do a bit of clearing up and look for signs of spring but not much happening yet !
Urmstongran hope you have a lovely holiday - I really like Malaga and 22ºC would do me just fine
Hope everyone has the best possible day and enjoys whatever they are doing

BlueSapphire Tue 03-Mar-20 07:50:02

Good morning all from a wet Northampton again. It was lovely and sunny yesterday though, and not quite as cold.
I shall wait and see what the weather does later before deciding whether to go on my health walk this afternoon. But I still have to go out mid-afternoon anyway to pick up DGD from school. She is being adventurous for tea today as she wants to try my chicken tikka - she likes spicy food, but all the same I shall make it milder than usual.
Before that though, a morning of pottering - I already have the first load of washing in.
May get in touch with my holiday company, as I am supposed to go to Northern Italy next month, and see what they say.
Hope all have the best day they can.

BladeAnnie Tue 03-Mar-20 07:50:44

Good morning from a bright and sunny but I suspect cold mid-Notts. An early start here as I have my first hospital appointments today (also tomorrow and Thursday). DOH will take me and drop me by the entrance which makes things much easier for me. I've also got some little knitted hats to drop off at the birthing unit as they recently made an appeal
Then hopefully I'll spend a couple of hours with DD1 and DGD. Hope Tuesday I'd kind to us all x

Marydoll Tue 03-Mar-20 07:51:46

Good morning all, it looks as if it is going to be a reasonably pleasant day today in Glasgow.

DH will do the nursery run at lunchtime today, I'm looking forward to seeing our wee granddaughter.
However, it seems she has been on the naughty step a few times over the weekend, so we will be having a frank and honest discussion as to the reason. grin I think the course of steroids she is on, may be playing a large part in her behaviour.

We didn't manage the Italian restaurant yesterday, the traffic and parking near the hospital was horrendous and I could see DH was getting stressed.
Instead, we went for a delicious fish tea and I was allowed time in the M&S outlet. Oh joy! grin I haven't been out for weeks, so this was indeed a treat.

I had a successful hospital visit and have a date for going in to start my treatment. Going on my past history of allergic reactions, it was decided that I should have the treatment, with doctors nearby.
However, they wanted to start immediately, (dependant on one final test) but I didn't want to risk it before DD's wedding, in case anything untoward happened. So two days after the wedding I will go in, probably sleeping through the whole procedure, as I will be exhausted. ?

Susan, I hope you had a lovely birthday. Wishing everyone a pleasant day and (((hugs))) for the Gillybobs, Dragonfly and anyone else needing them.

Hoping you have the best of days.

NannyJan53 Tue 03-Mar-20 07:56:02

Good Morning from a very dull Black Country. It was so lovey and sunny yesterday, and was hopeful Spring had sprung, but back to normal today it seems.

Partner is working from home today, as his company car is being collected, and he has decided to buy his own as he rarely uses it for work. Plus he can have a tow bar fitted on his own car, ready to take our new caravan out.

I will be off to the gym about 9ish. Then this afternoon join a Tuesday walking group, they meet every other Tuesday.

Send some of that sunshine over here Urmston smile

Wishing you all a good day, especially those who have health issues and worries. Special thoughts to gilly (it is hard to believe that her DH is still suffering after so long) Marydoll and Dragonfly

oliversnana Tue 03-Mar-20 07:58:13

Good morning all from a bright but cold mountsorrel. Thank you for your kind wishes.
Dgs3 was born at 2.30 yesterday afternoon weighing in at 8lb 13 happy healthy little man. Mum says hes very content. I haven't seen him yet.
Busy day sorting ponies and gc.
Thinking of all those having bad times.

Kalu Tue 03-Mar-20 08:03:08

Good morning from a sunny morning in Perthshire. Looking out the window I could almost believe spring has arrived but stepping outside confirms it’s just an illusion. Chilly breeze still.

I was doing some tidying outside yesterday when I heard a car passing followed by an almighty bang. An elderly lady had crashed into an oncoming car. Fortunately no one was hurt but the poor,lady was very shaken and we couldn’t get any car door to open. DH managed to get the window down enough to unlock the doors. We took her into ours and I contacted her DD who arrived to take her home.

A day of pottering about then driving home this afternoon as I have a GP appointment first thing tomorrow. The new meds I am on are causing fluid retention so no doubt a diuretic is needed and so, another pill to add to my collection.

Hoping everyone has the best day possible and best wishes to those with illness and struggles to deal with.