Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Thu 05-Mar-20 06:10:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Another twilight start this morning, looks frosty out but dry in Brackley.
Today will be on the buses again to my usual destinations, have a couple of coffees and eats plus shop.
Hoping that sporting fixtures I watch on TV go ahead this weekend in Italy and France.
Mick

BlueBelle Thu 05-Mar-20 06:40:15

Good morning mick and everyone else
Looks a pleasant sky out of my window, I m now off for a shower then get ready for work looking forward to a lovely day I have so much fun at work even though it’s not a paid job it is my life saver
Have a great day everyone

Ginny42 Thu 05-Mar-20 06:47:51

Good morning Mick and everyone. Yes, dawn is breaking and it's so nice after the dark winter mornings. It's white with frost at rooftop level and it's a clear sky in Cheshire. No wind or rain! Hurrah! Hope the sports are able to go ahead Mick. I know how much you enjoy it, but this virus has hit them hard.

I'm off to painting this morning. Hope to finish my painting of St Mark's! I think the original took less time. Lunch with a friend, then hair to be tamed at hairdresser's. This evening I have a meeting of the charity I support.

Sending warm wishes to all our poorly or sad good morning friends. Hope things are improving for Gilly and OH. Also get well wishes to Marydoll and Dragonfly.

Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Thu 05-Mar-20 06:51:28

Morning Mick and All.

Think it’s going to be wet all day in West Sussex.

DGSs managed to spin bedtime out by half an hour last night will try to get them started earlier tonight.

As it is World Book Day one is going to school as a Roman Gladiator and the other as Fing a dog I think from a David Walliams book.

Grammaretto Thu 05-Mar-20 07:00:15

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A frosty start by the look of the hills. U3A walk along the coast today to a place I've never been.

Hope everyone has a good day especially thinking of those with anxiety and pain.

Sar53 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:00:30

Good morning everyone from a very grey, miserable looking Essex by the sea.
On the dot of 9 I am going to try and get tickets for my 2 daughters and I to see Genesis at the 02 in November. Wish me luck.
I have a parcel being delivered between 8.30 and 11. 30 so can't go out till it arrives.
I hope all those with worries or illness have a good day.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Beechnut Thu 05-Mar-20 07:02:56

Good Morning everyone from a light and dry Severnside.

I am crafting today and looking forward to that.

When my daughter was at school I used to like to see what the children all came as on WBD NanKate and enjoyed making costumes for her for that day and the summer fayre. As old as she is she still likes dressing up.
I also like to see children’s artwork.

Hope you all have the best day day possible ?

kittylester Thu 05-Mar-20 07:11:45

Good morning all from a dry North Leicestershire.

The decorator is coming this morning!

Thinking of everyone with buggerations of any sort.

Brunette10 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:15:52

Good Morning from a bright and frosty Fife. Off to hairdresser today. Can't believe that's a month since I was there. DGS1 won't manage to dress up today for World Book Day, he is still poorly. To be honest I don't think he was that fussed anyway, not really the dressing up type. A little bit of shopping then cooking to finish off my day today. Thinking of all not feeling that great today. Take care.

Scentia Thu 05-Mar-20 07:16:06

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Cold but dry out there this morning.
Good luck with the genesis tickets Sar I dread to think how much they will cost!
Normal work day for me today.
DH is dreading either of us catching the virus as he is off on a trip of a lifetime to the US in two weeks. He has ‘banned’ me from going to the gym (not that I am complaining ?) we work on our own and never see anyone so we don’t really have those issues. I really feel for him and have even made him some hand sanitizer as all the shops have run out!
Best wishes to all.

Brunette10 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:16:25

Nicely put Kittylester wink

Scentia Thu 05-Mar-20 07:20:56

Buggerations
I like that Kitty ?

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 05-Mar-20 07:23:09

Good morning from east London, grey miserable morning outside. Couple of hours tennis today then choir tonight. May have to go grocery shopping in between. My GD wants to dress as her own fictional character for WBD who she says she has written a book about. Offered to help with her costume last night but she said it only needed a pair of knickers on her head; I suspect there’s a link to Captain Underpants. Have a good day.

brook2704 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:30:34

Good morning everyone from a cold but dry morning in Inverness
I’m off to the gym later then a quick trip to the shops for a few things. Hopefully there’s not been too much stockpiling being done and most things are still available!
Good luck Sar53 with the Genesis tickets !
Hope everyone has a good day today especially those with worries

Susan56 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:31:37

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is another dry day.
Day two of new window fitting today.They didn’t get as much done as we thought yesterday,looks like it will be a four day job ?I am going to my daughters today to do school runs so leaving DH in charge then I will bring DGD back for her Thursday sleepover.
Welsh class last night went well,glad my husband is a fluent welsh speaker so he can help with my pronunciation.I am looking forward to the next class.
Still have a swollen eye?cold compresses are helping gilly.Will give it another day then will call the opticians.
Hoping you are feeling better Mary and Dragonfly and gilly hope you both had a better/comfortable night.x
Thinking of all with illness and worries especially Ellan and her family?

Sark Thu 05-Mar-20 07:36:50

Good Morning from bit of a grey Oxfordshire
Good luck with the decorators Kittylester
Six weeks on from the leak under the bath and we still only have half a kitchen ceiling so will be glad when that is finally sorted and repainted!
Hope you get your tickets Sar53
Off to work now and later my personal trainer friend is coming round with weights etc to put me through my paces!hmm
Have a good Thursday everyone

harrigran Thu 05-Mar-20 07:41:25

Good morning from a very bright frosty NE.
Prescription to collect this morning.
We now have isolation pods at our local hospital and an office block has been closed at the business park beside us.
Thinking of all the poorly people.

vena11 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:41:51

Good morning from a wet Bristol, two days of sun and now its hiding again. Weather is restricting my walks and its making me lazy.
Just a food shop today and some house work.
I hope everyone has a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:44:31

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey here in S E Essex, we are forecast rain!!

I have to go to Lakeside today, to take back a watch for the third time, I am getting a little bit cross now!!! Then I shall tackle the ironing pile.

Good luck Sar53 with the tickets, I love Genesis and was thinking about trying to get a couple of tickets myself.

Thinking of all Goodmorningers with troubles x

Nannytopsy Thu 05-Mar-20 07:50:11

Morning Mick and all who follow!
We are waiting for our new window this morning.
Tomorrow is the last bit of plastering and painting then our dining room will finally be finished!
Village coffee this morning and then off to see Fishermen’s Friends tonight
Hope today is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Thu 05-Mar-20 07:53:59

Morning All

Grey and a little damp here in the north of Norfolk. I’m missing Mommawolf’s report of how the weather is in her bit of Norfolk.

Luckily it’s dry so our recycling bin has been emptied. The bin lorry ate it’s lid a few weeks back and we still haven’t go a new one. It means getting up and dressed very early for me to get the bin out from under cover before they come.

I shall be picking up a small astronaut from school this afternoon. No idea what book it is but I expect I shall be told in great detail.

BlueSapphire Thu 05-Mar-20 07:54:14

Good morning everyone from a damp and dull Northampton; no frost here today.

Actually managed to give the back grass its first cut of the year yesterday morning and then spent an hour or so tidying up unruly shrubs, and filled a large garden waste bin. And then in the afternoon we had heavy rain, so I was glad that I hadn't ventured out on a health walk.

A morning of pottering, and ballet class after lunch, then pick up DGD from school.

Best wishes to all for a good day.

NannyJan53 Thu 05-Mar-20 07:55:09

Good Morning from another cloudy Black Country.

Partner is working from home today, as his company car is being collected. It was supposed to be Tuesday, but they cancelled.

I am off to the gym shortly. They have antiseptic wipes provided, and I will be wiping down before I use any equipment. A quick scout around in a few shops at Merry Hill yesterday found all shelves empty of antibacterial gel! At least I managed to treat myself to 2 new tops, a lightweight jacket and some underwear. Still not sure if we should fly to Lanzarote next Wednesday.

Then I had a request to collect youngest DGD from school this afternoon, as SIL has a Doctors appointment at 3.30. They live 40 minutes drive away, so will pop to Mums as she lives 10 minutes drive away, and go out to lunch in DD's village.

My DGD's always manage to spin an extra 30 minutes or so when I am babysitting NanKate, I am a soft touch smile

Good luck with the decorating Kitty I'm sure it will be worth all the hassle when it is completed.

It is lovely to hear of someone enjoying their job BlueBell, even though it is unpaid. I couldn't wait to retire and leave mine!

Wishing you all a lovely day, with special thoughts for Marydoll Gilly and Dragonfly

Gingster Thu 05-Mar-20 07:58:31

Yes Essex is dreary today, GrannyGravy. Good luck with Lakeside! ?. Taking twin grandsons to the Orthodontist this morning, as their mum is working. One already has his brace on, the other one waiting to have 2 teeth removed, and just found out the clinic he was referred to don’t take patients under 16, so having waited 3 months already, he has to be referred to another one 20 miles away. It’s another 6 months wait. ?. Deep breaths. Have a peaceful day everyone.

ninathenana Thu 05-Mar-20 08:00:23

Good morning from Kent.
There is a low mist over the marsh and a very grey sky.
DH is will be out helping a friend with a DIY job this morning and DS is out all day. So maybe a bit of spring cleaning is called for.
Have a good day and if your sick, get well soon.