Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kitchen for kind and caring folk

(1000 Posts)
soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:27:54

Here we are again...happy as can be...all good friens and jolly good company. wine cupcake flowers sunshine and (hugs) a plenty.

NanaandGrampy Fri 06-Mar-20 14:30:56

Oh no I missed the closing ! Now I’ll have to search back to find it lol

I am fully recovered now after a nasty tummy bug so hope all in the kitchen are equally well ....I’ll just go and find out xx

soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:33:14

I was totally unprepared for the opening our new kitchen. It wasn't until I responded to morethans post that I realised we were all about to move into a newer, cosier, more friendly kitchen than ever. Thank you all for your friendship. It means a lot to me.

Welcome to Sark. Bathsheba and Silverlinings. The more, the merrier.

soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:34:52

N&G Was it the dreaded norovirus? The care home had a small outbreak earlier in the year.
We are all happy to have you back where you belong.

NanaandGrampy Fri 06-Mar-20 14:36:15

Just caught up so popped back to send Morethan all our love and a huge hug xxx life is a bitch isn’t it !! I can’t even begin to comprehend how hard things are and how awful everything is and am amazed at your strength. Your lovely DiL appreciates it greatly I am sure .

You should be able to get audio books from your library or you could take a subscription ( I think it’s available monthly) at www.audible.co.uk

NanaandGrampy Fri 06-Mar-20 14:37:03

No sadly soop I think it was the stew - hence forth to be known as stewavirus 😁😁😁

Pittcity Fri 06-Mar-20 14:39:09

I second Soop's post seconding Galen's post for Morethan in the last kitchen.

Still can't get the Pompeii picture out of my head...made worse by the fact that I misread and thought Morethan was comparing it to her DH's "ancient plumbing" blush

cornergran Fri 06-Mar-20 14:39:45

Found you smile.

Pleased you’re better n&g.

Sunny day so far here, makes a change that’s for sure.

TOYA.

soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:43:35

N&G shock

Talking of loo rolls...MacSporran has a "thing" about stocking up with mult-packs. Most residing in the lof! Today, en route to the care home, he popped into the Co-op for bananas for the pal whom we visit. He came out with...bananas and loo rolls. After the visit, we did the weekly Tesco shop. He bought an enormous multi pack of exactly the same thing. He pretended not to look at me as he stuffed it into the trolley. I started laughing...he started laughing...others nearby started laughing...

soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:46:09

Pittcity That Pompeii image has much to answer for. I cannot erase it from my mind's eye. At first, I thought that the gentleman depicted was holding an oar. I've led a sheltered life. wink

Baggs Fri 06-Mar-20 15:47:43

My lovely work mates have sent me a get well card and a lunch voucher for MrB and me to use at that cafe where you and MacS met me a while back on your way back from, let me guess, a Glasgow hospital? Something like that 😉
Anyway, I'm very touched. It is, indeed, a lovely team to be part of, even though my part is comparatively small.

morethan, I hope your DiL accepts her oncologist's advice and that her poor distraught mother backs off. Such a hard time for everyone. flowers

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Mar-20 16:06:37

I have just discovered that Bon Marche has been taken over by a family run business called EWM. I cannot say I have heard of them. I am assuming it is a company based in the north of England because they have very few stores in London.

I cannot believe the sun has shone here all day although it has been very cold. The weekend will be back to normal, wet and windy, joy of joys.
TOYA

Pittcity Fri 06-Mar-20 16:31:34

It's Edinburgh Woollen Mill charleygirl. There's one here in Colchester.

kittylester Fri 06-Mar-20 16:57:40

Here you are!!

Just checking - I'll be back later so behave!

aggie Fri 06-Mar-20 17:01:01

I am a big fan of EWM

Carillion01 Fri 06-Mar-20 17:12:21

Good afternoon dear soop. Thank goodness for this lovely kitchen. Sending love to all kitcheners.
Have been absent more than I've wanted recently but have been TOYA.
Dragonfly, hope the two recent treatments are complete xxx
lins, wishing the conjunctivitis is behind you one.
Doodle...xxxx
NannyandGrampy so glad you're feeling better.
Have been trying to catch up...and send much love to you lovely kitcheners.
morethan, xxxxx
All well here. X

annsixty Fri 06-Mar-20 17:13:18

EWM have been around for a very long time Charley
They are very popular with a certain age group!!

soop Fri 06-Mar-20 17:17:34

kitty Behave! As if...grin

It has been a lovely day. Sun continues to shine. Birds continue to chirp. MacSporran continues to add Andrex rolls to the hidey-hole in the loft.

That's very sweet of your work mates, Baggs We must meet again before too long. I've my annual check-up with the Oncologist at the end of this month. I believe that it will be in Balloch. Awaiting confirmation. We shall see.

Good evening to you all. I fully intend returning tomorrow. smile moon

silverlining48 Fri 06-Mar-20 17:38:07

Thank you for the welcome Soop. I am pleased to meet you all but have to confess though i enjoy a cake - especially a carrot cake ( rather too much probably) I cant bake...i know I know, so anything i may bring along will have to be shop bought....i do a good g and t though!
I was rather keen to go out today as have been stuck indoors being poorly for the last week but think i am now on the mend.
Anyway i was in Asda looking for paracetomol but only empty shelves. There wasnt a lot of bread either then noticed a passing trolley, ah, thats where the bread has gone. Who would actually have room in their freezer for 20 loaves ? Not me that's fir sure. Well one elderly lady seemed happy. Golly.! Madness.
Anyway was delighted to get out for fresh - ish air, a lovely sunny day. For a change.

Susan56 Fri 06-Mar-20 17:46:22

I only went out to do the school run and have come home to a new kitchen😱
Well being determined not to stockpile loo rolls we have ended up with rather a lot.I bought some yesterday,left them in the boot of the car.DH went shopping this morning and bought some more.DD messaged,I have bought you some loo rolls mum as apparently there is going to be a shortage 🤣oh well,hopefully won’t need any for a while!
Glad you are feeling better NanaandGrampy.
TOYA

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Mar-20 18:02:53

Thanks Pittcity this pea brain could not work it out.

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 18:10:26

Oh good, a new kitchensmile.

The reference to plumbing made me chuckle too Pittcity but being a newbie I didn't want to shock everyone by saying soblush.

So pleased you're feeling better NannandGrampy I suppose stews will be off the menu for a while. From what I can gather it's cake we get here so nothing to worry about.

I'd hear EWM were taking over Bon Marche Charleygirl which explains why the closing down signs have been taken down in our store. We also have an EWM store so I wonder if they'll both stay openhmm.

Mr. S. is improving by the day, even washed up the breakfast things while I was at the gym so looks as if I wont be needing to make use of the hospital facilities here.

g and t works for me Silverlining, I'm into pink gin at the moment but I'm easily pleased so any gin will do.

Gosh I hope there wont be any loo roll shortages, we seem to get through an awful lot and there's only the two of us! You seem to have plenty Susan so I may come knocking on your doorgrin.

Better get on with preparing our evening meal; goodness that sounds a lot posher than it really is.

TOYA first time I've used that; loving this thread. SO pleased I found the kitchensmile.

Greyduster Fri 06-Mar-20 18:36:58

Hello the new kitchen! I had no idea we were that close to closing the last kitchen!

We have EWM quite near us, and I bought their fine lambswool crew neck sweaters for years, which washed like a dream and were a joy to wear. Then they changed the brand and after a few washes they were virtually unwearable. They lost a customer and I mourn the loss of my garment of first resort! Surprised to hear they have absorbed Bon Marche.

We had a walk today in the nearest thing to a warm Spring day we have had. The ground is drying up nicely and it was a pleasure to be out. Let’s hope it lasts!

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Mar-20 18:48:01

Greyduster please do not get too excited- I heard today that wind and rain were expected this weekend. It was 1C here this am but thankfully not for long but I have still had the heating on all day.

Purplepixie Fri 06-Mar-20 18:52:25

Hi all, I'm fairly new here and I'd love to sit in your warm kitchen and have a natter. X

Pantglas2 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:01:20

Hellosoop and all - haven’t been to the kitchen for a while but thought I’d cheer those who need it and drop in with a freshly baked banana bread and some Welsh butter for the slathering of....

Let me know if you need some more folks - just save your overripe bananas for me, the blacker the better!

Susan56 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:39:31

Soop,one for MacSporran!!

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:43:29

Hi Purplepixie, I'm new here too and really enjoying the kitchen.

A thread's been started asking if we need a Nice Nansnet so I seconded morethan's recommendation for the kitchen; doesn't get much nicer than thissmile.

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 19:46:26

Hello ... I've never been in the kitchen before but I've just seen it mentioned. Can I come in?

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:52:41

I saw you on the thread I've just mentioned Sparklefizz. It's lovely to see you heresmile

annodomini Fri 06-Mar-20 20:03:27

A cosy new kitchen soop. I'm pleased to find it has warmed up nicely as it looks like being another cold night. This morning my back door thermometer registerd -3. Luckily the sun came round before I had to scrape the car.
Having taken a wrong turning this morning, I found myself passing Lidl, so I didn't pass. I did see some very loaded trolleys but there were plenty of loo rolls. However, it's obvious that the place to go for those is a certain loft in a small corner of Kintyre.

Galen Fri 06-Mar-20 20:10:24

That Pompeii picture used to be kept in a sort of locked cupboard that was only opened for men to view.
I suspect that was so that women couldn’t make comparisons!

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 20:11:23

Another new kitchen already! I’d only just figured out where the biscuit tin was in the last one 🤔
morethan a bit late in responding to your message but I would reiterate what other have said. You are always welcome here to tell it how it is. Please don’t be put off posting how you feel no matter how bad things are. I think you did exactly the right thing in contacting the MacMillan nurses and I hope they can do something to help in this dire situation. flowers and (hugs)
Welcome to all newcomers (anyone brought any cake? #everhopeful 😀). We are a kindly bunch here. No politics, no nastiness, no unkindness and most of all no calories 😀. Yes that’s right, all food in the kitchen is calorie free. 😊
Typical of you kitty. Telling us to behave when you are off somewhere gallivanting 😊.
TOYA 💕

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 20:12:34

galen he could poke someone’s eye out with that. No wonder they wanted to keep it locked up 😀

kittylester Fri 06-Mar-20 20:18:41

galen shockblush

Well you lot might have been behaving but it didnt stop you posting, did it? grin

Welcome to all new comers especially those with cupcake or wine

The kitchen is a lovely place to be.

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:25:07

Here's a lovely cupcake. I've got a lot of food allergies and intolerances but have invented a cake I can actually eat with some weird ingredients but it tastes nice and "cakey". Try a piece cupcake xx

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 20:27:26

Yummy sparklefizz. Was that an element of hawthorn and almonds with tones of beetroot and cloves I detect in the icing? 😊

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 20:27:49

Just popped in, so I can find you all, when I need to.
I went into the garage and found a load of toilet rolls, DH had been shopping. wink

I wanted to send my prayers and best wishes to Morethan and her family. What an inspirational lady. 💐

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 20:34:27

Too late for baking now but I've just opened a bottle of wine and I've plenty more to go around so everyone join me in awine. Cheers everyone.

eilyann Fri 06-Mar-20 20:37:40

morethan sad flowers

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:47:55

Yummy sparklefizz. Was that an element of hawthorn and almonds with tones of beetroot and cloves I detect in the icing? 😊
Mmm - that's for the next one!

Cheers everyone wine

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:49:04

Well, I am off to get ready for bed in a mo ... my lovely weighted blanket is calling me.

Night night everyone. x

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 20:52:42

Night night Sparklefizz, sweet dreamsmoon.

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:56:58

Thanks Smileless....... zzzzzzz.

Nannytopsy Fri 06-Mar-20 21:06:36

Here are a chocolate fudge cake and some smartie cookies - DGC staying! There has to be cake in a new kitchen!

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:23:34

Oh no, you posted over an hour ago I hope there's some left Nannytopsy.

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:33:08

Welcome to this madhouse Purplepixie and SparklefizI am so glad that the cakes etc are all calorie free, My apologies, I cannot bake= no point- I live on my own and would end up eating it.

Bellanonna Fri 06-Mar-20 22:43:37

Nice to see you Purplepixie, and welcome. People in here are very friendly and if you like cake,there’s always lots of it.
The view from the window is wonderful too.

Bellanonna Fri 06-Mar-20 22:46:40

Welcome to Sparklefizz too

GrannyGravy13 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:50:49

Just found our ^new safe haven aka soops kitchen* feeling maudlin (is that still a word?)

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:53:51

Yes, that's still a word but sorry you're feeling maudlin GrannGravy.

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 22:57:55

Certainly is still a word Granygravy. Sorry you’re upset. Not a nice feeling. Hope your spirits lift soon
Sleep well all moon

Sparklefizz Sat 07-Mar-20 09:18:00

'Morning everyone. Thanks for the welcome last night. smile

kittylester Sat 07-Mar-20 09:36:19

gg, sorry you are feeling sad - anything specific or just general?

For us, Corona virus is have quite an impact without any of us being ill!! DH and DS1 decided to watch the football on tv rather than actually going. DS is in an at risk group and DH is 'over 70'. A good idea as it turns out as they were trounced by a team much further down the league!

We were supposed to be having a trial run with Wolfie staying overnight on his own. His parents are going to Las Vegas to get married in about a month and he is staying 3 days (and nights!!!)

Wolfie has chicken pox so that is not happening and who is to say that dd and her partner will be able to go anyway?

My brother is in Australia for 3 weeks and has just decided to come home early in case flights are cancelled later.

I'm known for being a control freak organised and I cant stand not knowing what's going on!

Welcome to all newcomers - especially the ones with cake. grin

vena11 Sat 07-Mar-20 09:41:11

I don't post very often but I do read and its lovely . I have put a large tin of home made Millionaires shortbread in the kitchen.

annsixty Sat 07-Mar-20 09:42:51

Good morning all.
Not posting much ATM, I feel so unsettled and in pain, but wanted to say IATOYA, especially the poorly ones and those like myself feeling down.
Life seems a struggle at times.
We have had two beautiful sunny days but still very cold.

Greyduster Sat 07-Mar-20 10:44:40

Good morning the kitchen! It’s certainly throwing a spanner in the works, Kitty, and I wish that my DH and DS were as sensible as your menfolk. They are going to the ground today. DH is at risk because he has COPD, and germs seem to stick to my firstborn whenever he pokes his nose out the door, and neither of them can be dissuaded because they are both stupid! I hope the steak and kidney pudding I’m making for lunch doesn’t turn into a last supper! Hope Wolfie is better soon - chickenpox is miserable.

Ann I am sorry to hear you are in pain. Hopefully it will be a distant memory when you’ve had your op. We went out walking yesterday and I had to take pain killers for my hip last night. It was fine while we were out!

Welcome to all our new kitcheners - please don’t offer me cake; I’m trying to be good! I never turn my nose up at Liquorice allsorts though!
Picture of spring sunshine on the Transpennine Trail......
TOYA.

Smileless2012 Sat 07-Mar-20 10:44:48

Well I've been busy in my own kitchen this morning so there are some freshly baked scones, strawberry jam (not home made) and clotted cream for you all.

So dig in everyone.

Hope your feeling a little less maudlin today Granygravy and you had a decent nights' sleep.

Sorry you're feeling down annsixtyflowers. Being in pain doesn't help does it but maybe a scone with jam and cream and some of venall's shortbread will cheer you up.

Carillion01 Sat 07-Mar-20 11:25:14

Good morning everyone.
annsixty xxx hoping your pain is less today and Granygravy I hope you are starting to feel more back to normal today. I think a bit of sunshine will do everyone some good.

soop, will send you a pic of the cross stitch which was this project during DH's recent stay in hospital. I promised I'd send a pic as you know I 'do' a project whenever he has a hip or knee replacement...it keeps me occupied during visiting hours.. He well and truly is my bionic man.

Might try banana and choc muffins this afternoon. Not made them before.

A warm welcome to all new posters xx

morethan... Xxxxx

dragonfly46 Sat 07-Mar-20 11:35:15

Thank you for your good wishes Carillion. I have one more chemo to go on the 20th but this latest one has knocked me out. Popped into Sainsbury yesterday ( not to buy toilet rolls) and had to sit down. Instead of offering help the assistants looked at me as if I had the plague! Staying at home today!

Welcome to all the newbies this is indeed a safe haven,
Thank you for the scones smileless but everything tastes like cardboard at the moment.

Synonymous Sat 07-Mar-20 12:05:54

soop I actually thought that poor wee man was a midget and felt sorry for him being so out of proportion that he would not be able to function. hmm

Sparklefizz Sat 07-Mar-20 12:07:53

What a lovely photo Greyduster ... good enough to paint.

I'm sorry but I am not up-to-date with posters' problems and worries, but send love and healing thoughts to those who have health and family difficulties.

dragonfly I know that "everything tastes like cardboard" thing. I had the same when I was taking Tamoxifen and then Arimidex. I felt nauseous every day. I hope you can get plenty of rest. You say you have one more chemo to go and I hope all goes well.

Well, I mentioned yesterday evening about the cake recipe I had "invented" .... the bad news is that I've eaten it all when I should have made it last shock Sigh.

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 12:21:35

A very warm welcome to Purplepixie We have a tartan rug for your knees. A home-baked cupcake and plenty of chatter. flowers

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 12:24:30

And a very warm welcome to Sparklefizz . I have only just this minute logged on. Will catch up very shortly.

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 12:30:21

Lovely to have you back with us, venall. Talk about busy! you lot are amazing. I have to set aside the next wee while to read all your messages. Bear with me. I may be some time. wink

Sparklefizz Sat 07-Mar-20 12:38:37

Thank you soop. I love this place already!

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 12:39:26

Greyduster Your photograph is delightful. I can imagine walking along that pathway. I can almost feel the early sunshine on my face.
Steak and kidney pudding is a dish that my late Nana made and which I always remember the taste of. It was magnificient. Any of yours going spare?

Sparklefizz Baked and ate. Now, what shall we do with her? I suppose that, as we're kind and all that, we had better overlook the matter this time. hmm

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 12:59:36

annsixty and GrannyGravy You know that us lot are here for you whether you feel like sharing, or not. flowers

kitty Wolfie is at the right age to succomb to all manner of childhood illnesses. Boosting his immune system is essential.

dragonfly Had you felt unwell in the Tesco Campbeltown store, you would have received the care (and respect) that you deserve. Stay safe and warm.

Carillion It's good to hear that your bionic man continues to improve with every passing day. He is a marvel.
I would love to see a photo of your latest cross project. Don't forget to post it.

Purplepixie Sat 07-Mar-20 13:03:32

Thank you soop. I'm making good old fashioned broth with dumplings for tea so I'll bring some along. Thank you for the tartan rug and the lovely cupcake. X

GrannyGravy13 Sat 07-Mar-20 13:05:05

Good afternoon kitcheners, thank you for your kind thoughts, I am feeling more upbeat today. The reason for my being a bit maudlin last evening was because I had watched our local news only to hear that a parent at one of the nearby Senior schools has tested positive for Covid-19, they have been told to self-isolate, but unbelievably so far the school is remaining open!!!

I am beginning to feel cautious about going to the gym, it is a small family run one, but busy. As of last week there was no wiping down of equipment/weights between uses.

Probably just getting a bit paranoid, memo to self stop watching/reading the news

PS I have toilet rolls, wine, bread and cheese......sorted 🍷🥖🍞🧀🚽

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 13:18:36

Pantglas2 Your banana loaf slathered with Welsh butter, is beyond delicious. I shall have two thick slices and live with consequences. I am, believe me, trying to resist the temptation.

Susan56 MacSporran says to thank you kindly. Your photo made him chuckle.

anno I believe that MacS has lost count of the multi-packs of Andrex hiding away in the loft. He made me smile when he remarked...'I think I'm a bit odd...' I nodded discreetly in response.

Galen A bit like fishermen when comparing the size of their catch. grin

Marydoll and Doodle I trust that you are behaving in a lady-like manner. You know what I mean. hmm

Charleyg Unlike Nannytopsy and others too numerous to mention, we can't all be first class cake bakers. I am like you. If I could bake, I would eat the cake. Best not and say that I did. Does that make sense?

Smileless2012 Sat 07-Mar-20 13:19:13

We'll all get together and do an extra special bake for you when you've had your last chemo and everything tastes as it should dragonfly.

I think we should overlook Sparkelfizz's enthusiasm which led her to eat her what she'd baked before bringing it to the kitchen soop. Perhaps as a penance you could bake twice as much next time Sparklefizz.

I'm looking forward to that Purplepixie; love dumplings.

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 13:23:03

Purplepixie Well now, your kind offer of old fashioned broth and dumplings has me all of a dither. Should I have a wee taster? Or, should I tuck in and believe the rumour that all food served in our kitchen is strictly calorie-free. grin

Purplepixie Sat 07-Mar-20 13:30:46

Soop, all my food is calorie free even the walnut shortbread which I'm making next. You are all more than welcome.

Sparklefizz Sat 07-Mar-20 13:34:43

Perhaps as a penance you could bake twice as much next time Sparklefizz.

Just getting out the food mixer now, Smileless ....

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Mar-20 13:38:05

Purplepixie it may save you a load of grief if Tara and I just move in. Your food sounds fabulous- I will do justice to it, having a hearty appetite.

Talk of all of this food has reminded me I have not had luncheon yet.

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 13:38:37

grin

Smileless2012 Sat 07-Mar-20 13:42:20

Glad you've got the food mixer out Sparklefizz, what are you going to make?

Well, I've just decided to make a start on cleaning out my kitchen cupboards. Anyone fancy giving me a hand?

Sark Sat 07-Mar-20 13:45:10

Hello Soop and everyone
Just popping in with a tray of chocolate muffins and chocolate dipped shortbread (all calorie free of course!) before the GC arrive and eat them all!
Purplepixie .walnut shortbread sounds amazing

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Mar-20 13:49:03

Welcome Sark reading what you have deposited in the kitchen I cannot get there fast enough. That will make a lovely if different lunch for me. Sorry everybody if I over indulge.

Sark Sat 07-Mar-20 14:04:54

We are a choc muffin down...I just heard the letterbox go followed by a scream. I rushed out to find our nightmare guard cat (he hates all postmen/ladies etc) holding a poor young chap hostage by the front door! Apologised and gave him cake bless him!

Purplepixie Sat 07-Mar-20 14:10:33

All are welcome. My DH has decided to start his diet tomorrow, so all the more for me and anyone who cares to drop by. Have a lovely Saturday.

NanaandGrampy Sat 07-Mar-20 14:35:23

Afternoon all!

Lots of new faces in the kitchen ! Welcome and pass the cake please !

You made me smile Sark , bet the postie was surprised!!

Vena11, Grampy thanks you from the bottom of his heart, Millionaires shortbread is a favourite of his !

Glad you’re feeling brighter GG , I know how you feel. I refuse to be panicked but there’s an underlying niggle there. Maybe this will make you chuckle. My daughter text me from Sainsburys to say thee was no toilet rolls on the shelf due to panicked buying. I tut tutted and sent a laughing emoji. And this was is what she wrote back.....

Honestly Mum who knew the symptoms of Coronavirus included a cough , a fever and exploding with S*it!

I nearly choked on my coffee 😂😂😂

It’s a dry one here for a change so I am off to supervise Grampy clearing the broken fences away finally !

soop Sat 07-Mar-20 15:06:37

You lot have a brilliant sense of the ridiculous humour. Thank you for making me chuckle.

We have received a message from friends who will be calling in for a wee catch-up at 5:pm. Guess what I'm about to do? Correct...out with the vacuum cleaner, polish and brand new duster. Someone has to make an effort. MacSporran has done a fantastic job in the bathroom. All the porcelain twinkles.

It's a grey day. Sometime wet, sometime dry. Spring will soon be sprung and we'll all celebrate in whatsoever way as we choose. Agreed! It's a date.

I need to scoot aboot the hoos. After which, I shall feel all pompous.

Thinking of you all. Tomorrow, after I've recovered from today's activities, I shall pop in to meet up and chat about anything that goes.

smile moon

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Mar-20 15:35:46

Tara's internal clock has gone awry because she came home today at 3 pm, her normal time is 7 pm. It was not to tell me she was unwell, she wanted a bite to eat and a few hours sleeping on my bed.

I feel like joining her but I really should not. Unlike her, I would not be able to sleep the night away.
TOYA

AGAA4 Sat 07-Mar-20 15:50:37

I have not visited soop's kitchen before but I always love a good natter with tea and cake.

Smileless2012 Sat 07-Mar-20 16:18:12

Having a well earnedbrew just over half the kitchen cupboards done; it's a big kitchen.

Wont take long tomorrow as I've done the food ones plus a few others, and am ashamed to say there was rather a lot of out of date itemsblush.

Must do better is going to be my mantra from now on.

Pantglas2 Sat 07-Mar-20 16:45:03

Well done smileless I did mine over the last week and sent bags to the charity shops with utensils etc and another food waste with out of date items .... custard powder from 2010 I’m ashamed to say!

All these cakes and confections coming into the kitchen isn’t good for us girls so I’ve left a pot of chilli con carne on the Aga for an early supper and put some baking potatoes in the smaller oven - give them an hour or so and their skins will have crisped up nicely!

CherryCezzy Sat 07-Mar-20 17:09:27

Hello, thought I would check out this kitchen. Seems like a nice place to be. Are you sure I can't tempt you [Pantglas2] , I've brought this rather large Tupperware full of warm welshcakes. There's so many of them the lid won't shut and I don't want them to get cold 'cos they're better warm smile

chicken Sat 07-Mar-20 17:10:23

Goodness me! There's so much food and drink coming into the kitchen that none of us need be tempted to panic buy in the supermarket. Any shortages there and all we need do is come in here and eat to our hearts ( and stomachs) content.

CherryCezzy Sat 07-Mar-20 17:11:01

Oh my blush Welshcakes!

annodomini Sat 07-Mar-20 17:17:44

Just watching the England -Wales rugby. It's nice to be a neutral, though I did have one English grandparent. It's a 'nothing' sort of day - not frosty or wet, not very bright and no real incentive to go out anywhere. Or is that just my negative mood? The kitchen is full of good things today - now, where should I start? Sark's chocolate muffins and dipped shortbread are enticing - hope Charley hasn't got there first.

CherryCezzy Sat 07-Mar-20 17:26:06

Rugby's a tricky business in our house, my wonderful partner (WP) is English but of course I'm not! Don't go there ... England are winning! Grrh ... [Envy]

CherryCezzy Sat 07-Mar-20 17:26:48

envy

Pantglas2 Sat 07-Mar-20 17:34:39

Ooh warm Welsh cakes CherryCezzy....I wonder if there’s any of my Welsh butter left? They’ll be our consolation prize the way the rugby’s going.....

CherryCezzy Sat 07-Mar-20 17:37:34

Yes we may be consoling ourselves! Hang on, I forgot I've got some Welsh butter in my string bag grin

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Mar-20 17:52:52

Welcome AGAA4 and Cherrychezzy* we do look after our stomachs in the kitchen and it is first come first served. I am ashamed to say I do not have a clue what a Welsh cake is.

Smileless you are now well into the swing of things so could you please do mine as well? I have not touched the cupboards since the kitchen was fitted about 18 months ago. Thank you so much.

silverlining48 Sat 07-Mar-20 17:55:40

I have just come off the 'i am a pear' post so all this talk of lovely sweet cakes is making me hungry, thank goodness carrot cake hasnt been mentioned.
Will have to keep strong. cupcake

CherryCezzy Sat 07-Mar-20 18:00:11

Nice meeting you again Charleygirl, you have now added a new nickname to me grin. Give the Welshcakes a try, for me they are one of Wales' finest delicacies smile

Smileless2012 Sat 07-Mar-20 18:44:47

No problem Charleygirl I'll get mine finished tomorrow then I'll get started on yours. I'm a mean, not so lean, cleaning machinegrin.

Oh my, all this lovely food now it is calorie free isn't it or I'll be as big as a bus!! Sooo many good cooks here.

Mr. S. is watching the rugby in the other room and the way he was moaning I assumed England were losing.

I'm watching 'Starsky and Hutch' corny I know but I always had a thing for Paul Michael Glaserblush.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion