Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kitchen for kind and caring folk

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:27:54

Here we are again...happy as can be...all good friens and jolly good company. wine cupcake flowers sunshine and (hugs) a plenty.

Pantglas2 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:01:20

Hellosoop and all - haven’t been to the kitchen for a while but thought I’d cheer those who need it and drop in with a freshly baked banana bread and some Welsh butter for the slathering of....

Let me know if you need some more folks - just save your overripe bananas for me, the blacker the better!

Susan56 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:39:31

Soop,one for MacSporran!!

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:43:29

Hi Purplepixie, I'm new here too and really enjoying the kitchen.

A thread's been started asking if we need a Nice Nansnet so I seconded morethan's recommendation for the kitchen; doesn't get much nicer than thissmile.

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 19:46:26

Hello ... I've never been in the kitchen before but I've just seen it mentioned. Can I come in?

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 19:52:41

I saw you on the thread I've just mentioned Sparklefizz. It's lovely to see you heresmile

annodomini Fri 06-Mar-20 20:03:27

A cosy new kitchen soop. I'm pleased to find it has warmed up nicely as it looks like being another cold night. This morning my back door thermometer registerd -3. Luckily the sun came round before I had to scrape the car.
Having taken a wrong turning this morning, I found myself passing Lidl, so I didn't pass. I did see some very loaded trolleys but there were plenty of loo rolls. However, it's obvious that the place to go for those is a certain loft in a small corner of Kintyre.

Galen Fri 06-Mar-20 20:10:24

That Pompeii picture used to be kept in a sort of locked cupboard that was only opened for men to view.
I suspect that was so that women couldn’t make comparisons!

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 20:11:23

Another new kitchen already! I’d only just figured out where the biscuit tin was in the last one ?
morethan a bit late in responding to your message but I would reiterate what other have said. You are always welcome here to tell it how it is. Please don’t be put off posting how you feel no matter how bad things are. I think you did exactly the right thing in contacting the MacMillan nurses and I hope they can do something to help in this dire situation. flowers and (hugs)
Welcome to all newcomers (anyone brought any cake? #everhopeful ?). We are a kindly bunch here. No politics, no nastiness, no unkindness and most of all no calories ?. Yes that’s right, all food in the kitchen is calorie free. ?
Typical of you kitty. Telling us to behave when you are off somewhere gallivanting ?.
TOYA ?

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 20:12:34

galen he could poke someone’s eye out with that. No wonder they wanted to keep it locked up ?

kittylester Fri 06-Mar-20 20:18:41

galen shockblush

Well you lot might have been behaving but it didnt stop you posting, did it? grin

Welcome to all new comers especially those with cupcake or wine

The kitchen is a lovely place to be.

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:25:07

Here's a lovely cupcake. I've got a lot of food allergies and intolerances but have invented a cake I can actually eat with some weird ingredients but it tastes nice and "cakey". Try a piece cupcake xx

Doodle Fri 06-Mar-20 20:27:26

Yummy sparklefizz. Was that an element of hawthorn and almonds with tones of beetroot and cloves I detect in the icing? ?

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 20:27:49

Just popped in, so I can find you all, when I need to.
I went into the garage and found a load of toilet rolls, DH had been shopping. wink

I wanted to send my prayers and best wishes to Morethan and her family. What an inspirational lady. ?

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 20:34:27

Too late for baking now but I've just opened a bottle of wine and I've plenty more to go around so everyone join me in awine. Cheers everyone.

eilyann Fri 06-Mar-20 20:37:40

morethan sad flowers

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:47:55

Yummy sparklefizz. Was that an element of hawthorn and almonds with tones of beetroot and cloves I detect in the icing? ?
Mmm - that's for the next one!

Cheers everyone wine

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:49:04

Well, I am off to get ready for bed in a mo ... my lovely weighted blanket is calling me.

Night night everyone. x

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 20:52:42

Night night Sparklefizz, sweet dreamsmoon.

Sparklefizz Fri 06-Mar-20 20:56:58

Thanks Smileless....... zzzzzzz.

Nannytopsy Fri 06-Mar-20 21:06:36

Here are a chocolate fudge cake and some smartie cookies - DGC staying! There has to be cake in a new kitchen!

Smileless2012 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:23:34

Oh no, you posted over an hour ago I hope there's some left Nannytopsy.

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:33:08

Welcome to this madhouse Purplepixie and SparklefizI am so glad that the cakes etc are all calorie free, My apologies, I cannot bake= no point- I live on my own and would end up eating it.

Bellanonna Fri 06-Mar-20 22:43:37

Nice to see you Purplepixie, and welcome. People in here are very friendly and if you like cake,there’s always lots of it.
The view from the window is wonderful too.

Bellanonna Fri 06-Mar-20 22:46:40

Welcome to Sparklefizz too

GrannyGravy13 Fri 06-Mar-20 22:50:49

Just found our ^new safe haven aka soops kitchen* feeling maudlin (is that still a word?)

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion