Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Mar-20 06:14:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley and its been raining.
I have prepared a chicken and butter bean casserole in my small slow cooker for today and tomorrow.
Includes such things as tomato puree and garlic granules..
Today a quiet day in watch cycling around lunchtime from France on Tv.
As to the Garlic noticed on Breakfast Tv yesterday it was mentioned as a precaution to take as to current crisis.
Mick

Beechnut Sun 08-Mar-20 06:32:56

Steady Mick there will be a garlic shortage ?

Good Morning everyone from a damp and getting light Severnside.

I hope the axe throwing went off with no blood spilled Marydoll.

Now that it is getting lighter in the mornings I can play guess the time when I wake before looking at the clock.

I got some gardening done yesterday which was good for my mood along with bashing the old cupboards off the wall in the shed. Very good that! I’ve nearly got it emptied out.

Have a good Sunday everyone and take care ?

Beechnut Sun 08-Mar-20 06:33:31

Welcome to the GM newbies ?

Urmstongran Sun 08-Mar-20 06:58:09

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s an hour ahead and light. Not sunny yet.

Slept well last night. I think the 8 mile stroll into Torremolinos helped there! Such a nice town now with a more contemporary feel, pedestrianised and modern bars. Love to think Terry Wogan honeymooned there in the early 60’s!

It’s the Manchester derby at tea time. Himself will be watching it in a bar down below - he’s Man. Utd and the friend he’s watching it with supports City. I’ve invited his wife into ours (we don’t like football) for a G&T - I bought some Edinburgh gin - Rhubarb & Ginger. After the match the 4 of us are going out to eat. Either a Carvery (my choice) or a Chinese.

I will pop back later to catch up and especially to see how dragonfly Marydoll and gillybobs are doing.

Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

NanKate Sun 08-Mar-20 07:00:09

Morning Mick Beechnut and All to follow.

Wet and grey here in South Bucks. Off home to South Bucks today only to return on Wednesday for 3 more days looking after the boys.

I take a garlic capsule every day Mick as it is recommended for a healthy heart.

Are the ‘boys’ home yet *Mary ?

Nanabanana1 Sun 08-Mar-20 07:08:51

Good morning everyone bright at the moment in Torbay. Not much happening today, doggie walk later then just usual pottering for me.
Wishing all a good day.

Kalu Sun 08-Mar-20 07:09:08

Good morning all from a damp Perthshire. Strong winds forecast for later so a cosy hat will be needed as I want to get on with some gardening. No internet connection yesterday kept me off line but all up and running again. Phew!?

No need to encourage me to eat garlic. I love the stuff. Enjoy your chicken and bean casserole Mick.

A lovely lunch in St. Andrews, Friday, then a visit to ‘that’ shop plus a few others Marydoll?. Hope you have a restful, pleasant day.

Best wishes for a better day gilly and Dragonfly

Have the best day possible to all.

kittylester Sun 08-Mar-20 07:16:22

Morning all from a dry and bright North Leicestershire. We had quite a lot of rain overnight.

Hanging curtains today after the rare treat of a 'full English' for brunch. Our hunt yesterday for a carpet was very frustrating so it will continue next week.

Gingster Sun 08-Mar-20 07:21:27

Morning all. Blustery here in Essex. Back up to the Suffolk coast tomorrow so I hope the wind dies down otherwise they will shut the Orwell Bridge again. ?. We have all the family coming for lunch today to celebrate one of the GD ‘s 8th birthday. There will be 16 of us, so lots of fun to be had. Just having a cuppa with the pooch before I start preparing for the hungry throng . A peaceful, gentle and healthy day to all.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 08-Mar-20 07:22:03

Good morning. I am very early today. Left the curtains open and woke to a lovely pink sunrise and interesting cloud formations. Wind forecast but planning to potter in the greenhouse, plant some bulbs and will have my morning coffee there. I can see snow on the hills but daffodils leaves showing in the garden. marydoll I (and probably everyone else who read yesterday’s thread) am agog ??? at the axe throwing. I hope your blood pressure is okay. Had surprise visitors yesterday which was lovely. Hope all who are unwell and/or sad have a better day especially as Sunday can be so lonely for some.

ninathenana Sun 08-Mar-20 07:26:33

Good morning.
After a plesant day yesterday Kent is once again wet and windy.
I need to have a clean and tidy ready for visitors tomorrow. Then we will be watching the rugby.
Have a good day

Grammaretto Sun 08-Mar-20 07:27:31

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sun is streaming in. DH has delivered me a cuppa before dashing out to collect supplies for his shop. I'll have to remind him about garlic. He was asked why he wasn't wearing a mask yesterday.?

We were dancing till 10pm at a ceilidh in the church hall opposite our house.

Did the boys get home unharmed MaryDoll?
Hoping everyone's Sunday is a good one.

Sar53 Sun 08-Mar-20 07:31:43

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
DH will take his grandsons to junior rugby at 9.30 whilst I do some more of my patchwork.
Roast chicken for mid afternoon and watching Rugby on tv.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Scentia Sun 08-Mar-20 07:37:05

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. The sun is out after last night’s wind and rain. I have already done the doggie walk as DH is running a 10k race today and we are off out early. I miss running as my foot is still not right. I keep telling myself it doesn’t hurt and that has cut down my limping, but there is only so much mindfulness can cure?
I hope everyone gets to see this sunshine we have here at some point today and has the best day they can.
I will check back in this afternoon to see what everyone else is up to.

brook2704 Sun 08-Mar-20 07:52:29

Good morning all from a bright and cold Inverness.
I hope the weather stays dry so I can wrap up and go out pottering in the garden later.
We spent a lovely afternoon yesterday with DGS and DGD, they both wanted to play board games so we played Rummikub and Labyrinth and then a very long game of monopoly ! Not my favourite but the eldest DGS really loves it ! DGD was dressed in her Mary Poppins costume the whole time ?
Hope everyone has the best possible day and thinking especially of those with heath worries and struggles. ?

cornergran Sun 08-Mar-20 07:53:41

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s quiet outside in our corner of Somerset, mix of blue sky and grey clouds. Apparently rain on the way, again. Full English to come here too kitty, once the chef can stir herself and sort it. Three extra for ‘proper tea’ later. Some paper sorting for me in between. Think Mr C is pondering on some decorating. As the pondering can take a while not expecting action today. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 08-Mar-20 07:54:46

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton, but it looks as though we have had some rain overnight.

I shall have a walk out this morning to pay my paper bill, and then walk the long way home. Then an afternoon reading the weekend papers, doing the crosswords and watch rugby.

Thoroughly enjoyed my concert in London yesterday; our coach dropped us right outside the Albert Hall. The Royal Marines band was fantastic. The Albert Hall was packed, mostly with people of a similar age to me, 60-70+, so many people still out and about. I tried to be really careful with handwashing etc, and made sure I didn't use handrails and handles with bare hands, but there were so many people just not bothering.

Hoping for a good day for us all.

Brunette10 Sun 08-Mar-20 07:59:55

Good Morning from a bright but damp start in Fife today. Had lovely day out yesterday with DH, just what we needed. Have Sunday chores to do today but quite like it, get all house done. Will also do some batch cooking if time allows. Yes brighter mornings and evenings, can't wait for summer. Welcome to all the newbies on GM, I see there have been quite a few of late. Thinking off those with worries. Hope today is as good as it can for all flowers

Taichinan Sun 08-Mar-20 08:02:51

Morning all from the sunny Angus coast. Your casserole sounds tasty Mick, and I love garlic! And Urmstongran that is my favourite gin. DD took me in a gin bus tour of Edinburgh a couple of years ago - we had afternoon tea and lovely fruity gin as we toured the city. Off to sit with a poorly 14-year-old GD3 today as DD is away to meet up with a lovely young man. After both were widowed young a few years ago, it's lovely that they've found each other. I hope something comes of this - though it will mean a family of five teenagers and two dogs!! ?. Have a lovely Sunday everyone, and as ever ??? to those not feeling so good x

Pantglas2 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:03:01

Morning all from another dry day in north Wales and today I’m still lolling abed with my chamberpot of tea - don’t feel the least bit guilty as yesterday I’d done lots by this time!

All that talk of walking to torremolinos in the sunshine has made me pine a little Urmstongran, you lucky girl! When we get to Spain we try to have a day once a week or so down on the coast with lunch in our favourite chiringuito and a stroll along the front - 3 weeks and counting!

That axe throwing session sounds very jolly boys outing doesn’t it! Bet they had a whale of a time Marydoll! I used to run Scentia, many moons ago, I’m down to a 5k jog nowadays - I’m sure you miss it terribly!

A pleasant pain free peaceful Sunday to all x

Susan56 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:04:00

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
Will hopefully have a quiet day today as a busy week ahead.
Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday and especially thinking of all with illness and worries.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:09:21

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Blue sky and sunshine here in S E Essex.

Roast Chicken and all the trimmings for dinner tonight, DD and and family are joining us. No other plans, imshall probably start a new book on my kindle or read one from the bedside pile!!

Hope there where no axe related accidents Marydoll grin

I hope all who are poorly or troubled have a peaceful Sunday.

Sark Sun 08-Mar-20 08:10:35

Good Morning everyone from a bright Oxfordshire
Ginster 16 for lunch - that will be a lot of potatoes to peel!
We are going to the homeware shop The Range to have a look around and hopefully see the family later
Best wishes to all

Greyduster Sun 08-Mar-20 08:19:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun was blazing this morning when I got up, but it seems to have changed it’s mind for the moment. At least it is dry for junior football this morning. It seems ages since we’ve been to see GS play, as so many matches have been cancelled due to waterlogged pitches. I will have a look at the garden this afternoon to see what needs doing. Have a good Sunday folks.

Lins1066 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:19:52

Good Morning from a dry S Welsh coast.
Busy day yesterday catching up on a few chores.
Cooking beef and Yorkshire pudding later and there has been a request for apple crumble. I am still in bed finishing my cuppa, so I had better move shortly.
Hope everyone will have a worry free and pain free Sunday.
Welcome to all the new posters.