Gransnet forums

Chat

What's your favourite time of day?

(66 Posts)
kaycee Tue 10-Mar-20 18:50:16

My favourite time. Dinner finished (early today) all cleared away and the dishwasher humming. I have retreated to my little study - topped up the Chardonnay (or grape juice if this is a non alcohol day). Checking emails and the few friends I have on Facebook, plus just looking stuff up on the Internet and I think that this is my favourite time of day. Will wander into the sitting room later when we watch something like Flesh & Blood or Liar. I remember back in the day when this was such a frantic time - checking homework - getting stuff ready for the next day etc. There is a benefit to retirement and just having time to do what we want. What is your favourite time of day?

Humbug54 Tue 10-Mar-20 18:54:50

Yeah I love the evenings to. Relaxing on the sofa with a cup of tea and a film. Or in the summer months out in the garden catching the last of the sun with a glass of wine and a book.

Scentia Tue 10-Mar-20 18:55:48

Waking up is my favourite part of the day, I sometimes go to bed excited about waking up the next morning, especially on a weekend!

kittylester Tue 10-Mar-20 19:00:33

My favourite time is now. Me cooking, watching the news, DH reading the paper and watching the news, talking about our days and the family and having a couple of drinks.

Charleygirl5 Tue 10-Mar-20 19:08:03

Bedtime- a lovely shower, warm bed , good book, cat wanting cuddles- what not to like?

Poppyred Tue 10-Mar-20 19:46:25

I love mornings and evenings but for some reason find afternoons very depressing ..... I don’t know why.

Tangerine Tue 10-Mar-20 21:26:43

I also like mornings and evenings best.

Mornings because I am a morning person and evenings because I am either out and about or relaxing.

Chewbacca Tue 10-Mar-20 21:55:12

Evenings, when the lamps are lit, scented candles are burning and the house looks and feels at its cosiest.

vampirequeen Wed 11-Mar-20 07:19:45

Early morning and those first few minutes when you snuggle down in bed at night.

Harris27 Wed 11-Mar-20 07:26:56

Evenings when I come home from work and have a nice meal and hot bath then bed and. A good book. Heaven!

DanniRae Wed 11-Mar-20 07:53:13

Early mornings - I am an early riser (about 7am) and Mr R doesn't get up until 9ish. I do myself a cuppa and a slice of toast and sit in the living room catching up on recorded tv programmes, Gransnet or speaking to one of my early rising friends on the phone. It is so peaceful and I love it grin

glammanana Wed 11-Mar-20 10:05:13

My favourite time of day is between 10am-11am when I take Poppy for her walk to our local park and say good morning to all my doggy friends sit in the local café and have a nice brew then wander off home to prepare lunch.

BlueSapphire Wed 11-Mar-20 10:09:35

Early evening, pre-dinner is the best for me. Dinner is cooking, pour myself a sherry, maybe have a few nibbles, turn the tv on and watch something like a quiz, or 'Escape to the country' on catch-up. Perfect.

Kalu Wed 11-Mar-20 10:18:59

After dinner is my time to switch off and relax. Do a crossword, jigsaw puzzle on iPad, pick up my crochet and search for something good on tv or listen to music.

Bedtime too, quiet and peaceful when I enjoy reading my latest book.

JessK Wed 11-Mar-20 10:20:38

Mid evening when I can chill out on the sofa with a good book or watch TV with a cup of tea.

henetha Wed 11-Mar-20 10:44:25

The mornings. I'm pleased to find I'm still alive and leap out of bed eager to get things done before my back starts it's daily whinge. This morning I managed a shower, then tea and a crumpet, then a few exercises to music (Simon and Garfunkel today) then planted out some polyanthus before having to sit down . So here I am resting, on GN now. smile

Pudding123 Wed 11-Mar-20 10:51:25

In spring and summer early morning ,going for an early walk and hearing birdsong ,in autumn and winter evening with lamps on and scented candles lit.

tanith Wed 11-Mar-20 11:11:24

Early mornings as I’m normally awake around 5or6 in the warmer weather I get up and take an early walk.

Coconut Wed 11-Mar-20 12:04:06

Early mornings for me .....

Nannylovesshopping Wed 11-Mar-20 12:12:17

Like you henethawhen I wake in the morning and think that’s good, still breathing?

Happiyogi Wed 11-Mar-20 12:14:40

Bed o'clock! Cosy and warm and reading for an hour. Or two...smile

grandMattie Wed 11-Mar-20 12:16:19

O wake up early, often before sunrise. I love the oplescent colours of the sunrise, the quiteness and solitude it affords me. I am an "extreme lark", the rest of my family tend to owlishness...

Mimo Wed 11-Mar-20 12:18:17

I love early morning, birdsong and breakfast and greeting my dogs!

Camelotclub Wed 11-Mar-20 12:29:49

Bedtime! When I was very unhappy in a job I comforted myself with the thought that bedtime would always come round.

redsue Wed 11-Mar-20 12:43:40

Waking up on a day off from work and no urgent things to do so i can please myself.