Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Mon 16-Mar-20 06:09:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley and its dry , looks like maybe spring as started to arrive properly this time.
Today, a quiet day some housework etc, will do my usual trips out as this week.
Mick

Beechnut Mon 16-Mar-20 06:15:52

Good Morning Mick and all who follow from a frosty Severnside.

Last night the sky was full of stars...wonderful.

Have washing on and will change bed today with a few errands to run.

I hope you all look after yourselves and have the best day you can ?

NfkDumpling Mon 16-Mar-20 06:18:45

Morning Mick, morning All

It's been a long time since I've been here this early!

It's a grey, still start here in my bit of Norfolk, clearing from.the east.
Nothing planned for today. A wait and see day.

Take care of yourselves everyone.

grandMattie Mon 16-Mar-20 06:22:35

Morning everyone!
Lovely sunrise, pink skies in Thanet. No rain forecast. Hope I can plant the primulas I bought 10 days ago.
All social contact here has been cancelled so Veela bit at a loose end, although there is lots to do.
Keep well and smiling.

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 16-Mar-20 06:25:24

Good morning Mick from a frosty and bright Oxfordshire, I can still see the half moon in the sky.
Shopping delivery today, regular booked one, not sure whether to let the driver in or unpack it all on the doorstep!
I guess we will figure it out.
Apart from that a usual cleaning, washing day today.
Hope everyone stays warm and safe and has a good day.

Doorstop Mon 16-Mar-20 06:28:36

Good morning Mick and everyone.

Dull and overcast here in Hertfordshire. Home alone, DH and DS working so will tackle the housework.
Maybe the sun will appear later on.
Take care.

QuaintIrene Mon 16-Mar-20 06:29:21

Good morning everyone. A cloudy, damp morning in West Yorkshire.
My stepson rang me last night it was lovely to hear from him.
Nothing much planned today. Nowhere to go, really and I have lots of good reading to start.
Big cat is still in bed. She snores.
My thoughts to all who are ill or troubled and take care ?

mumofmadboys Mon 16-Mar-20 06:31:24

I am going to U3A table tennis this morning perhaps for the last time for a while. Also have a Sainsburys delivery arriving today. Have the best day you can everyone.

Sark Mon 16-Mar-20 06:32:09

Good Morning everyone.
Looks quite a nice morning in Oxfordshire.
Our tree is full of pink blossom and the birds have been singing for ages.
Today is our 29th wedding anniversary and DH has gone to work but left me with a lovely mug of tea and a 'wordy card' as he calls it! smile
Best wishes to all especially those with added worries

Scentia Mon 16-Mar-20 06:38:15

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks like a lovely day out there.
Normal work day for me today so I will take the long route with the doggie and make the most of this beautiful morning.
Got bagels for lunch as the shops had no bread yesterday. That has turned me into a panic buyer, because as soon as they get some in, I am having it all?. I could actually LIVE on bread, not sure I would manage if I was Coeliac like my big sister.

Have a great day today everyone. Stay safe❤️

vena11 Mon 16-Mar-20 06:38:57

Good morning from a clear frosty Bristol.
School run this morning and a walk before pickup maybe, hardly slept a wink last night so the walk might be a nap.
I hope everyone has a good day.

vena11 Mon 16-Mar-20 06:39:31

Happy Anniversary Sark

Doorstop Mon 16-Mar-20 06:39:51

Happy wedding anniversary to you both Sark. flowers

BlueBelle Mon 16-Mar-20 06:44:09

Good morning all
Getting a bus into town for last few bits before we all get stuck in our homes which I think will happen any time soon whether we want it or not hopefully get a hour or two on the allotment this afternoon
The day looks bright and hopeful now going for my shower
Have a great day everyone

Scentia Mon 16-Mar-20 06:45:51

Happy Anniversary Sark. ??

Grammaretto Mon 16-Mar-20 06:47:58

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The birds are singing. It looks like a nice day.
I can't decide whether or not to go on the U3A walk today. It's a drive to get to the start so will we want to be in packed cars?

I'll drink my tea and have 10 more minutes in bed for a start.

Have as good a day as you can in these disturbing times.

brook2704 Mon 16-Mar-20 06:55:30

Good morning everyone from a bright dry morning in Inverness
I’ll be popping out later for a few bits and bobs then back home by lunchtime
DH has a small part time job but has been asked not to go in this week as there’s been a big downturn in business. A good thing really as he’s just 70 and was worried about not being able to go in anyhow. I just hope he gets his job back eventually as he loves it and it gives him structure to his day. But in the meantime I’ve got lots to keep him busy !
Happy Anniversary Sark ?
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles , especially Urmstongran and any others in lockdown
Stay safe everyone ?

Urmstongran Mon 16-Mar-20 06:55:59

Good morning everyone from Malaga. I slept well last night after the initial shock of lockdown on Saturday evening when I had a rubbish sleep.

At 8pm last night we heard cheering, clapping and whistling. Himself heard it and said ‘there’s that clapping again, what’s going on?’.

We opened our front door and stood on the landing, looking out towards the mountains.

On the rise all those villas, apartments in the dark, lights winking, had generated this crescendo of sound. It was a show of solidarity amongst the neighbourhood. It said ‘well done everyone we’ve done another day’. It was quite emotional and we tentatively joined in. I know it sounds corny but in the dark, being in isolation you had to feel the surge of positivity. It said ‘hello everyone we are in this together, how are we all?’. It lasted for 3 - 4 minutes (quite a long time for clapping).

I thought it was uplifting. I will be at our door tonight ready to join in.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Look after yourselves out there. x

Sar53 Mon 16-Mar-20 06:58:18

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea.
We are back from our abortive trip to Wales to see the rugby that was cancelled !!!
I need to do some food shopping this morning , mainly veg, milk etc for the coming week. Will there be anything on the shelves.
DH has to drive to a meeting in East London this morning. He will be stopping travelling by train up to London later this week. His company are encouraging the staff to work from home where possible.
Have the best day you can and stay safe x

Scentia Mon 16-Mar-20 07:02:31

Urmstongran
That sounds very emotional, quite uplifting. Not sure it will be like that round here, the only noise we get outside our house in the dark is the couple fighting across the road. I know EVERYTHING about their lives. I can tell you some stories about Donna and Tom??

Ginny42 Mon 16-Mar-20 07:06:39

Good morning Mick and everyone. I've been hanging the washing out and it's quite mild and bright here in Cheshire and the clouds are edged in pink. Yes, Beechnut, last evening I looked out when lowering the blind and saw the perfect reflection of Venus in the water of my fountain. Amazing.

Just as I was pegging out the washing two geese flew directly overhead making a racket. The fleeting hope that they wouldn't need the loo crossed my mind and then they were gone.

My DD has just sent me a photo of SiL going to work in a country on lockdown and he looks like a character from Star Wars.

I'm going for a walk in the woods and then get busy doing jobs.

Stay well and safe everyone. Special wishes to the poorly. xx

NanKate Mon 16-Mar-20 07:08:51

Morning Mick and All.

A lovely bright sunny day in South Bucks.

Aren’t we lucky to have our GN Community in these upsetting times?

Sorting paperwork today, oh how I hate that job.

Brunette10 Mon 16-Mar-20 07:10:05

Good Morning from a lovely bright Fife, nice to see the sun. Was up early this morning and have cleaned all my kitchen so far. I have a meet up with a GN member this morning, she has been poorly these last few months. I'll have to do some shopping and tbh I am getting anxious about all of this. It's like a war raging sad. Happy anniversary Sark hope you both have a nice day. Welcome all new GN's I know there are a few, thread seems to be getting longer and longer wink. Everyone look after themselves please and take care.

Ginny42 Mon 16-Mar-20 07:17:32

Urmston apparently the cheering was arranged to say thank you to the health workers who are working round the clock. They are being amazing and the same with our health workers.

Stay safe and well Urmston.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 16-Mar-20 07:26:38

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny start. Love your story, Urmston, a good reminder of community. I did join in with ‘Bring me sunshine’ when it was on the radio yesterday but DP could not be tempted to join in. Playing tennis at lunchtime today, otherwise my day is free. Have a good one.