Gransnet forums

Chat

Your treat for today

(245 Posts)
Pantglas2 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:32:55

Just that really - please share one thing that you’re planning for the day to cheer yourself up in these trying times.

Could be anything from a bar of chocolate, glass of something lovely, arranging some freshly cut flowers from your garden or baking a cake to a freshly made bed, or even painting your toenails!

Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks (DH has just informed me I’m daft) as long as it puts a smile on your face!

So to start this off - yesterday I changed our bed and had the best night’s sleep! Today I’m going to make some banana bread as they’re really mottled in the fruit bowl - can’t tell you how many brownie points that gets in this house!

Beechnut Tue 17-Mar-20 07:38:10

I think I’ll talk several walks up the garden path to look at my spring flowers Pantglas2. They looked lovely in yesterday’s sunshine. Enjoy your banana bread

ginny Tue 17-Mar-20 07:39:52

DH decided that as he had time on his hands he would finally decorate the bedroom.

boheminan Tue 17-Mar-20 07:43:49

Looking forward to an evening/night of playing board games with him over the other side of the table. Scrabble will head the session, with snakes and ladders, but NO Monopoly! A glass of wine may be involved somewhere - perhaps for whoever gets a seven letter word....

Sark Tue 17-Mar-20 07:43:56

I know what you mean Pantglas2 what is it about always having a good night's sleep in a freshly made bed!?
I am going for a walk around a nearby lake at lunchtime..some fresh air and wildlife.

monk08 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:43:59

I changed the bed yesterday was lovely to see crisp white sheets blowing on the line. Will buy some fresh flowers about the only thing in our shops not in short supply. Enjoy your banana bread.

Susan56 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:45:01

Our son in law is coming over to help move the bedroom furniture so we can decorate our bedroom.We are then having a take away delivered.
Like Beechnut,I will enjoy looking at the garden.DH spent a few hours out there yesterday and it’s looking lovely.
Lovely thread Pantglas2?

tanith Tue 17-Mar-20 07:45:11

A walk later hopefully in the sunshine.

sodapop Tue 17-Mar-20 07:47:15

A visit to the dentist ( if he is still open ) so looking forward to it. smile

grannypiper Tue 17-Mar-20 07:51:50

Low tide is in less than hour, so i will finish my cuppa and enjoy a walk along the beach in the glorious sunshine before the rain comes in at midday. Then i will sit and read.

Lins1066 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:59:03

Changed the bed yesterday too, lovely to see them billowing on the line in the sunshine. Loads of birds singing and enjoying the warmth.
We will go for a short walk later.

Lilypops Tue 17-Mar-20 08:14:12

Pottering in the garden, hopefully DH will cut the grass if it stays dry then I will take my morning coffee outside and enjoy the smell of newly cut grass, if it rains I will crochet a throw I have been doing for GD bed ,may get it finished during lock down,
I could do with getting my hair cut and coloured before the end of the week which I believe is when we get "locked up". Enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing and I hope we all stay safe and well.

GabriellaG54 Tue 17-Mar-20 08:29:00

Wearing my new M&S boots on an outing to Primark to buy another white shirt same as one I bought a month ago and trying to find liquid starch to keep shirts looking pristine.

lemongrove Tue 17-Mar-20 08:42:37

Oooh, new boots! ?

I seem to live in Skechers these days, comfy if not very stylish.

Not sure of treat today, I can’t have cakes but an evening G&T
Is always welcome. ?

TerriBull Tue 17-Mar-20 08:46:24

I'm going to go into John Lewis, very nearby, and possibly look for a new lap top, apropos of Easy Jet emailing us to inform that we are eligible for a refund on our abortive flights to Seville. Also husband owes me a birthday present, couldn't think of anything I wanted at the time, so decided to defer it till I could think of something, hopefully he'll pay the balance of whatever I buy smile must make sure all our technology is in good shape in these difficult times.

Later on and given that the weather is looking good we will take one of our customary hour long walks in Bushy Park. I think if we are all able, it will be good to keep walking outside, well away from others of course.

Stay safe fellow GNs good morale boosting thread Pantglas

rubysong Tue 17-Mar-20 09:28:13

DH bought groceries for the week yesterday and it included two large bars of chocolate. We have decided eight pm is to be chocolate time and we will have two squares each. If it stays dry I shall walk around the, very quiet, village. I have a WI newsletter to deliver to a member who doesn't have email. I won't knock on the door, just leave it in her porch. She is over ninety but very fit. WI committee have offered a shopping service for those who need it.

kittylester Tue 17-Mar-20 09:38:41

This is a suggestion from fb!

www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20200317

grandMattie Tue 17-Mar-20 09:40:39

A visit to supermarket! Everything else is cancelled...

Calendargirl Tue 17-Mar-20 10:03:27

GG54

Your boots look very smart, but oh, so uncomfortable! I shall stick to my ugly but comfy Hotters!

Anoia Tue 17-Mar-20 10:14:58

Hi, today is my birthday! Loads of cards, several thoughtful presents, youngest son dropped flowers and card off on his way to work, with an IOU for meal out once this nonsense is over.
Friends have phoned and emailed already, I am very lucky.

Yesterday I started up the chest freezer in the garage, don’t usually use it as it’s too large for one person and went to M&S and Waitrose and filled it with food, using the credit card, so now I feel safe whatever happens.

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 17-Mar-20 10:20:25

Anoia Happy Birthday!
Hope you have a great day, is there cake?

Just asking.........

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 17-Mar-20 10:21:47

GG54
Crikey, I admire your pluck.

I used to wear boots and shoes with that kind of heel, it seems a long time ago.

I guess fashions come around again.

Witzend Tue 17-Mar-20 10:24:45

We have quite a lot of milk, so with nothing else remotely treat-ish in the house, I might just make a great big 2 pint rice pudding. Dh will no doubt help me ?most of it tonight.

Witzend Tue 17-Mar-20 10:27:52

rubysong, how can you just eat 2 squares? I admire your self discipline, but this is why dh and I so rarely buy any - our inner ?? are too strong!

Lisagran Tue 17-Mar-20 10:28:53

It’s sunny here, so I shall potter in the garden, which is going on in its usual Spring fashion as if there wasn’t a problem in the world! Sunshine and new growthsmile