Gransnet forums

Chat

Let's have some fun to brighten things up.

(33 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Wed 18-Mar-20 10:55:57

There is so much doom and gloom about, that I nipped off on the Magic Express and went to visit some really old friends.

Spent a couple of lovely days in the Three Acre Wood with Winnie-the-Pooh, Piglet and all the others. Christopher Robin wasn't there, busybakson I expect.

Pooh is a little worn at the edges and Rabbit a little grey, but then so am I. Rabbit is just as busy as ever, he had found me a relation if his to stay with.

Owl is the same as ever. I took him a large box of very, very long words, which he was thrilled with. When I left he was still trying to get his tongue round pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Eeyore had of course lost his tail again, so Piglet, Roo, Pooh and I spent a day searching for it and sewing it back in place. The fresh nettles I had dug up from my garden aren't nearly as good as Eeyore's own - no surprise really, he is Eeyore, after all.

Had a marvellous time, wondering if I should go to the building of Jalna next. Young Mrs Whiteoak can't object to a lady of my advanced years, can she? Don't want to go later, I have always found Renny's wife such a bore.

India with Kim?

Let you know where you have been. And if any of you meet the rogue who stole my heart when I was three, tell him to come and see me, please.

You can't mistake him. He is the only cat in the whole wide world who wears boots!

Callistemon Wed 18-Mar-20 11:16:24

I've just been in occupied Singapore, Changi POW camp

Perhaps I need something a bit lighter to occupy me.

MiniMoon Wed 18-Mar-20 11:29:19

I've been down in St. Mary Mead, helping the vicar and Miss Marple with solving the murder at the vicarage. All very suspicious, but entertaining nonetheless.

Since then I've been to Washbridge and Candlefield with Jill. You'll be glad to hear that she is now a level three Witch, and not a bad Private Investigator either. Her poor brother in law Peter has got himself mixed up in the murder of the Colonel, I hope the police don't think he did it.
Oh and Jill's grandma has entered a Glamorous Grandma competition, but she's an ugly old crone, Aunt Lucy despairs.

eazybee Wed 18-Mar-20 11:41:35

I am resident in Tudor London, a very dangerous place to be. Just on my way to visit Princess Lady Mary. See what I mean.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 19-Mar-20 10:29:49

Callistemon, I am glad you got back all right. Did you meet the Rat King? Or was he in some other camp?

eazybee, please do stay away from the Lady Elizabeth and the Grey sisters.

Jane10 Thu 19-Mar-20 10:32:22

Well I'm in Simla enjoying life at the Gaiety theatre and being wined and dined by a handsome Rajah. Auntie says there may be trouble ahead but what does she know!

Gaunt47 Thu 19-Mar-20 11:00:57

This morning I've been in Florida, in the company of lunatic (and therefore very funny) low life and armed criminals, corrupt politicians, a reluctant hero, and assorted bimbos.
The sun is hot, the sky is blue, the coastline covered in expensive high rises and the swamps filled with crocodiles.
Trouble is brewing!

Teetime Thu 19-Mar-20 11:04:48

The local squire popped in when he saw me hanging the washing on the line in my low cut peasant blouse, threw me over his horse and made orf with me.

Callistemon Thu 19-Mar-20 11:14:10

I met the chap who was a gardener Grandtante and his life was saved because he was able to dig the graves in the cemetery. sad
He did come home to live happily ever after.

Eglantine21 Thu 19-Mar-20 11:56:26

I’ve been on honeymoon with Lord Peter and Harriet, immersed in passion.........

Callistemon Thu 19-Mar-20 11:59:40

I think I need to get out more

But I think all may end happily
There has been some passion too, in Thailand
So hot and steamy!

Urmstongran Thu 19-Mar-20 12:40:32

I’m right with you eazybee! Tudor England is a different world indeed.

Nonnie Thu 19-Mar-20 12:54:19

I've lost my mind.

I wrote Coronavirus Rhapsody:

Is this a sore throat?
Is this just allergies?
Caught in a lockdown
No escape from reality.

No, I didn't write it, I copied it.

winterwhite Thu 19-Mar-20 12:56:44

Just at the moment, having been clearing some old books of the Acs, I'm with Biggles in the Gobi. Very hot and some nasty people about, but so is Tudor London where I am more often, dogging Cromwell's slow tread.

rubysong Thu 19-Mar-20 13:05:57

Mr Knightly is coming round to collect me and we are going to have tea with Emma and her father. She really needs to stop giving poor Harriet Smith bad advice. She should be encouraging her to marry nice Robert Martin. Emma really is a snob, I shall ask Mr Knightly to have a word with her.

Callistemon Thu 19-Mar-20 13:19:31

Biggles!
I could spend some time with him, if I can locate him
He seems to have flown off somewhere

yggdrasil Thu 19-Mar-20 14:38:24

Did he ever meet up with Worrals?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 19-Mar-20 14:57:17

Cardinals Wolsey is in fear for his life, I suspect he’s a goner.

GabriellaG54 Thu 19-Mar-20 14:59:52

You?

gillybob Thu 19-Mar-20 15:01:53

Jeez I'm isolation day 30 and I haven't even isolated yet. Crikey knows what I would look like in a month ?

Nonnie Thu 19-Mar-20 15:39:35

Just hitch a ride round the galaxy

JackyB Thu 19-Mar-20 16:40:28

I've been going to school in Victorian London with David Copperfield. Had to read the book again after seeing the film recently. Great fun, but lots of scenes make me wince.

ginny Thu 19-Mar-20 16:45:52

Having just traveled to Australia from London for my Grandmothers 80 th party I don’t know what she is thinking. My two sisters and I have not spoken for 3 years. After all one of them married my fiancé.

Gaunt47 Thu 19-Mar-20 20:06:03

ginny that's got me stumped and I feel stupid! Are we allowed to ask what book?

ginny Thu 19-Mar-20 20:59:55

I’m not surprised, it was naughty of me as it is not a book everyone would know. I probably misread the op slightly. Sorry, I’ll try again later.