Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Mon 23-Mar-20 06:15:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear bright start here in Brackley despite overnight frost.
Today, stay in do some housework , I have got enough food in so will only go out midweek for a look at shelf stock in nearby supermarket.
Only hope the situation starts to improve , with all various closers of pubs, and other related places .
Mick

BlueBelle Mon 23-Mar-20 06:21:07

Morning mick and all who follow
Not sure what I ll do today looks a bright blue sky day hope to cycle to my allotment which is a solitary occupation

Beechnut Mon 23-Mar-20 06:26:51

On Severnside this morning it’s bright sunshine. Has anyone ever sat up in bed wearing sunglasses?

My prescription needs picking up, not sure what to do about it.

Probably spend some time in the garden.

Stay safe all ?

cornergran Mon 23-Mar-20 06:32:54

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, chilly corner of Somerset. Mr C will be back wielding a paint brush, I’m card making to send to our grandchildren, just because I can smile. Then printing some photos of the family to send to a friend who lives alone and has never used a computer. A few mundane jobs to do then a walk along the river, almost deserted yesterday, with luck the same today. Hope Monday is gentle with us all, stay safe.

Nana3 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:35:41

Sleepless night, will try and stay awake. I'll be in the garden too, loving this spring weather.

Nanabanana1 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:36:21

Good morning everyone, lovely and bright this morning in Torbay, gardening and baking today I think, hope there’s better news for all today, stay safe everyone.

Scentia Mon 23-Mar-20 06:37:17

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A frosty start to the day here.
Normal work day for me today. I will have to get the dogs jumper back out as I don’t want her to get cold walking to work.

I do think you the end of the week we will be in total lock own if people don’t start to heed warnings of social distancing. My DH showed me pictures of the top of Snowdon packed with people, not sure if that was a FB classic fake or real.
I wonder if all these promises of food parcels, grants and money for the people who now have no work will materialise. I do hope so.
I was lucky to have my DD and DGS with me on Mother’s Day. DD made me a lovely nut roast dinner. I got a text from my DS at 6pm so better than my birthday which came 5 days late due to signal issues in the city of Nottingham????. I know he loves and appreciates me really!!

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Maybelater2020 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:39:38

Good morning Mick and all on this lovely thread. Yesterday I sat in the garden with son, daughter in law and grandson for about ten minutes and ten feet apart and definitely no cuddles. It was good to see them though. I can't believe I was more excited about the fresh vegetables they brought me than the flowers and chocolates. Strange times.
Keep safe everyone.

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:40:58

Good morning Mick

Frosty start to the day, brilliant sunshine highlighting the Forsythia bush, it’s a boring bush all year but is beautiful this Spring.
Might erect the Polytunnel today, but we might stand and look at it and decide that we need help, which might be a problem. But it’s only greenhouse size so we will see.
Apart from that usual Monday cleaning , washing day today, I expect DH will sit in the sun wrapped in a blanket now that he is feeling a bit better.
Have a good day, try to get into the sun and get some Vitamin D , it’s important
Even if it’s 10 minutes.
Best wishes to everybody, have a good day and don’t forget - stay safe.

cornergran Mon 23-Mar-20 06:41:36

Same here beechnut. Pharmacy doesn’t deliver. It is allowing just one person in at a time and has marked out spaces to wait outside. Well wait a couple of days more to make sure all items have been dispensed then go and collect along with a neighbours prescription also due. Will wear disposable gloves, take the outer packaging off outside and put it straight into the bin along with the gloves, best we can do, no younger ones here to go for us.

Pantglas2 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:41:50

Morning everyone from a dry and bright north Wales - another lovely day is promised so at least we can potter in the garden and are not cooped up!

I might make a card or two cornergran and I need to cut up old Xmas cards for labels - good idea!

Stay safe everyone x

Maybelater2020 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:45:49

Forgot to add that it is a bright and frosty morning in Chester.

NanKate Mon 23-Mar-20 06:47:00

Morning Mick and All.

A lovely sunny day here in South Bucks.

I bet you are missing the live cyclingMick like I am the tennis.

DH is going to Sainsbury’s in the oldies hour and I am picking up my tablets from Boots. They are only allowing one person in the pharmacy at a time and everyone else queues outside at a 2 metre distance, that should be fun ?. Then we are hunkering down for another week.

Hope this week is better for Mary Gilly and all those in difficulty. ??

I’ve decided when the weather warms up I shall take a deck chair and sit out on the front lawn with my book.

Kalu Mon 23-Mar-20 06:48:59

Good morning everyone. The sun hasn’t quite broken through yet in Glasgow but it looks promising for another sunny day. Thankfully the weather is on our side allowing us to get outside.

No set plans as such, just taking the day as it comes

Have a pleasant day all.

Curlywhirly Mon 23-Mar-20 06:53:49

Morning from a very sunny but chilly Cheshire. Dog fed, back in bed now with my cuppa, how come the dog never gets my husband up? She always comes to my side of the bed when she wants something! A few jobs to be done today - still haven't started on the cupboard/drawer sorting out, which could keep me busy for weeks?

Had a busy Mothers' Day, I had bought the food earlier in the week when I thought all the family were coming; so I cooked it (Lasagne, it's my children's and grandchildren's favourite) made a separate one for them and left it in the porch for them to pick up. Received a lovely video of them tucking in and the DGC thanking me for it; the two year old was really going for it, stuffing himself with great big mouthfuls, lovely to see him enjoying it. Hopefully, if they manage to self isolate for 14 days, we can maybe get to see them. I'm sure their parents will be worn out by then!

Take care everyone and hope you can get out in the lovely sunshine.

Sark Mon 23-Mar-20 07:01:09

Good Morning everyone ..beautiful morning here in Oxfordshire.
Just a work day today...not sure how much longer the building industry will keep going but in a way I wish we would close so I could volunteer or work somewhere more useful.
Sending best wishes to allflowers

Brunette10 Mon 23-Mar-20 07:04:09

Good Morning from what looks like another bright day is emerging in Fife. I hope everyone had a good Mothers Day yesterday despite all our restrictions. Off out to Sains this morning to take advantage of our time slot. Other than that the usual pottering about, chores and probably will extend our daily walk. Thinking of everyone but in particular those of you on your own, with illness and other problems. Do take care of yourselves.

brook2704 Mon 23-Mar-20 07:07:14

Good morning everyone from a dry cold Inverness.
I don’t think the warmer spring weather has reached us yet - I hope it’s on it’s way soon!
I’ve got such an exciting morning planned - my very first online aerobics class from my lovely gym instructor, I don’t know how it’ll work yet ! I’ll be getting my gym gear on, sending my DH into the garden and moving the sofa out of the way .... ?
After that I’ll be recovering with a cuppa and a long sit down
Hope everyone has the best day they can in these worrying times
Stay safe everyone ?

BlueSapphire Mon 23-Mar-20 07:11:25

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Northampton.
Had some lovely gifts yesterday. DS's partner left a bag of goodies in the front porch (I missed her as I was in the shower), and DD called at lunchtime and did the same, but we managed to chat through the glass door.
I cut the back grass in the afternoon and then let my cats out into the garden for their first outing of the year. They are pedigree indoor cats and have to be under supervision outside! They went mad eating grass, but did not venture far. They'd had enough of outside after half an hour and went and sat by the back door waiting to go in.
Usual few jobs this morning and then it's more gardening this afternoon. Had a note through the door last night from my younger neighbours with their phone numbers offering to run errands for me.
Also an email from Sainsbury's telling me that they would send an email today so that I can book a priority delivery slot.
Just have to make the best of things.

NfkDumpling Mon 23-Mar-20 07:11:51

Morning All

Another beautiful sunny spring morning in the north of Norfolk. An air frost last night though.

Gardening today while the weather is so lovely.

We took the seating back to our little boat yesterday and sat on her in the sun for a little while. Not a soul about but it may be a while before we go again. I suspect we’re likely to get a lock down order soon.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 23-Mar-20 07:24:52

Good morning from east London, bright, sunny and chill outside. Had a visit from DD and family yesterday to drop off some flowers and scones they’d made and also the ‘vouchers’ GD1 had made saying ‘dear grandma, if you need help, we can help you’. She’d drawn a barcode on the back, so not sure what that was for. I am playing tennis this morning under very strict instruction re safe distancing, then must sow my tomato seeds which is a job I always leave late. Have the best day you can.

Urmstongran Mon 23-Mar-20 07:26:49

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s chilly.

Turns out our neighbour was right - the Spanish government have extended the lockdown here by another fortnight. We are therefore on Day 9 out of 29.

Also yesterday, Ryanair sent us a message to say our flight on 1 April has been cancelled. A full refund and the earliest return on offer is the end of May. No matter. I was undecided anyway and Mr. O’Leary has made the decision for us.

Which brings me to today’s task. I shall have to walk to the pharmacy later (on my own, only one person allowed to go for a walk) to see if I can buy felodipine tablets as I only have enough to last until mid April. I don’t think it will be a proble. #evertheoptimist.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

Ginny42 Mon 23-Mar-20 07:28:25

Good morning Mick and all. I do hope that in spite of the frosty rooftops in Cheshire, it warms up like yesterday. It was glorious and very warm in the sun. My neighbour left a tray of tiny violas by my door the other day. They are the palest shade of lilac and I planted them in the pots and troughs at the front door.

Had Skype time with my DD and DGS. So lovely to see them.

Not walking in the woods today, but will get out in the garden later I hope. Going to do my brain exercises with online scrabble and listen to music on a wonderful site called Playing for Change.

Take care everyone. Virtual hugs are OK, so help yourself if you need one. ((((((((((Hugs.))))))))))

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-Mar-20 07:40:00

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Blue sky and sunny here in S E Essex but there is a chill in the air.

DD her partner have made the decision that as it looks like we shall be on lockdown anytime now that she and the GC are coming here and he is going to his parents (his Dad is very vulnerable). We shall be socially distancing from them here for 7 days (fortunately the house and garden is big enough)

When we were exchanging New Years Greetingnin GN just a 12 weeks ago,who,would have believed this current situation?

Keep safe and well folks x

Greyduster Mon 23-Mar-20 07:42:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Frost on the ground but not a cloud in the sky in South Yorkshire. There was much Skyping in the Marsh yesterday, speaking to both children and their families. In the evening GS and his parents set up a Face Time quiz with us and that was fun! We had a walk along the river yesterday afternoon and it was quiet, but it got us out of the house. Today, some housework and then gardening. Welcome Maybelater2020! Have the best day you can folks!