Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Tue 24-Mar-20 06:10:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its nice bright but cold start here in Brackley this morning.
This will be the first Tuesday with a change of routine .
Bus trips are out , confined to my flat , but the only thing I may do is local Supermarket.
Waitrose have adopted a policy for the elders and NHS staff , if you need an item and its not on the shelf such as Toilet Rolls ask a member of staff to get one.
Mick

grandMattie Tue 24-Mar-20 06:17:22

Good morning Mick, good morning everyone. Lovely and bright but cold with the east wind here in east Kent. Hope that it carries on. Good weather lifts the spirits so much after this dreary winter!
Going to do some sewing today. Going shopping tomorrow in the hope Asda has their sensitive soap powder. Others give me eczema. Don’t know what I’ll do if they don’t.
Stay safe and we’ll.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 24-Mar-20 06:25:12

Good luck Mick, grandMattie and all x

Blue sky and the sun is rising here in S E Essex.

No idea what I shall do today, feels a very scary country/world at the moment.

Keep safe and well folks x

GrannyGravy13 Tue 24-Mar-20 06:25:58

Oops Good luck should have been Good morning???

Beechnut Tue 24-Mar-20 06:32:26

Good Morning everyone from a frosty and bright Severnside.

No home working for me today. I expect it will be another garden and pottering day.

Pleased to see you were able to get some pills Urm. I went to pick up my prescription. It was one in one out at the pharmacy. I was to be third in line but someone sort of shuffled their way in front of me and the rest of the people that came lined up behind him. Fortunately for me when the assistant let out the person that was in front of me she said it was my turn next. When she let me out she told off the others for standing so close to each other.

Not only do I wish you all the best time you can have for today I also wish you to be as well as possible for the time ahead ?

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 24-Mar-20 06:34:09

Good morning from east London where it’s bright, sunny and cool. The view from my bedroom window isn’t much different to normal; the street cleaners are collecting their barrows from the depot on the playing field, someone exercising on the field and traffic on the high road. The rehoming of the Southend cat today has been cancelled; while the neighbours are still willing to feed her, she’s fine. I’m resigning myself to using FaceTime, just hope the internet doesn’t pack up. There are plenty of things for me to do around the house & garden but I bet there’ll still be plenty which don’t get done. Take care.

tiredoldwoman Tue 24-Mar-20 06:34:30

Good morning from a dulling down ( weather wise and otherwise ! ) St.Andrews . Not allowed to go into work today so it's home cleaning and forward planning .
What are you sewing grandMattie ?

ninathenana Tue 24-Mar-20 06:39:28

Good morning everyone.
grandMattie I'm in E Kent too. No wind at all here but there is a touch of frost.
DH is insisting that his exersise for the day will be too do a friends garden whilst she stays indoors. He will take a flask rather than let her make him a cuppa. Hmmm
Have the best day you can.

BlueSapphire Tue 24-Mar-20 06:43:42

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton.

Won't be a change for me as I have already been self-isolating for a week now.

Two loads of washing out yesterday for the first time this year, and the oven got its first clean for months. Then a couple of hours in the garden.

Sainsbury's priority delivery slot system worked well yesterday and I got an email about 8amish to tell me the booking line was open. Took me till 9.30 to get through as they were restricting numbers. Delivery due 9.30-10.30 this morning.

Will probably get out in the garden again this afternoon.
Stay safe everyone.

cornergran Tue 24-Mar-20 06:47:09

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, chilly corner of Somerset. I’ll be off to the pharmacy in the hope our prescriptions are filled. Mr C is putting the paintbrush down for the day, hooray. Some cleaning planned and garden tidying then phone calls to neighbours and friends who live alone. My aim is to find something we can laugh about in each call. Hope this different Tuesday is as kind as it can be. Stay well everyone.

Ginny42 Tue 24-Mar-20 06:56:30

Good morning Mick and everyone. I think we need good luck too GG13! It's another bright morning in Cheshire. 3C out there at the moment, but it warmed up nicely yesterday. Forecast is cold for a while, but then get very warm.

Awake since 4.00, and heard the first bird calls. I had some work to do following an online meeting of a charity last night. All very strange and new with different technology, but good to get the brain ticking over!

My lovely neighbours are looking out for me and I feel blessed when I see what's happening in the stores. We are a long way from any shops here.

Very sad to read of your distress yesterday Gilly after all you've been through in the past few months, I'm not surprised you wept. I hope you can get some financial help.

Everyone take good care of yourselves. flowers

NfkDumpling Tue 24-Mar-20 07:04:00

Morning All

After an air frost last night its yet another beautiful day here in the north of Norfolk.

DH has had a text to say he’s high risk so its a twelve week confined to barracks slog here. Its much easier for me to join him and stay in full time than jump through the recommended hoops if I were to walk to the shops. We have a long list of stuff to keep us occupied and can still abscond cocooned in the campervan if we go stir crazy so we’re much luckier than most.

Nannytopsy Tue 24-Mar-20 07:08:51

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s another lovely day here in Suffolk, although frosty. I shall carry on with my garden. There will be time for the indoor jobs when it turns colder at the end of the week.
Take care everyone.

grannysyb Tue 24-Mar-20 07:14:23

Good morning all, bright and sunny here. DS did some shopping for us yesterday day which helped us. Trying to stay positive and hoping we can still go to our allotment. We drive there and the people either side of our plot don't turn up very often. Stay well everyone.

NanKate Tue 24-Mar-20 07:14:45

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunshine here in South Bucks.

A very surreal feeling with most of the world on shutdown.

Surprisingly I am keeping myself very busy at home doing things I didn’t even know needed doing.

Thinking of those struggling with major problems and disappointments ??

kittylester Tue 24-Mar-20 07:24:22

Morning all from a bright and frosty North Leicestershire.

It is our neighbour's funeral today and, as only family are allowed to attend, we are all going to stand outside with wine to see him off. We will remember the fun times sociable man he was.

Please take care everyone and stay safe!!

Brunette10 Tue 24-Mar-20 07:33:40

Good Morning from a dry Fife, no sun as yet, keeping fingers crossed. Well we are all feeling different today. Woke up through the night with a bit of a panic fear for some reason. I know our responsibilities but it just frightened me a bit through the night. Hopefully everyone will respond to our situation we have at the moment and we shall soon be through the end of it all. Keep safe everyone, will find things to do during the day. Thinking of you all flowers

Marydoll Tue 24-Mar-20 07:34:52

Good morning from a cloudy Glasgow, where it's 8C and the sun is just peaking through the blinds.

We are indeed living in scary times, but I'm glad we are at last in lockdown. At least my neighbour will be forced to stop gallivanting about, thinking it doesn't apply to her.

I managed a little work in the garden yesterday and had a three way conversation with my friends across the road, from a very safe distance. The only problem with that is that you cannot have a good gossip, as we usually do.?
Plans for more time spent in the garden today. Oh for a magic wand. 1?

I spent all day yesterday, trying to speak to someone at the hospital about my new treatment, which is meant to start on Monday. No joy,
I plan to postpone it.

DD received a phone call from the owner of the wedding venue yesterday, point blank refused to refund any money. When she threatened legal action, he wanted her to meet him to discuss it. He then wanted to know where she lived and he would come and see her. She refused, as future SIL is now unwell.
It's all a mess and so stressful. I can't even give her a hug.?
All that matters as noone is put at risk.

DH is off out early for provisions, a man used to dealing with many work crises, he is not dealing very well with this situation.
His first MOT was cancelled last week, due to the crisis and if it doesn't get done tomorrow, it will be off the road. We need the car for hospital appointments, so he is getting quite stressed about it all.

I hope Gillybob that you manage to speak to someone today and glad to hear that your husband is safely home Megs.
Take care my dear friends.?

NannyJan53 Tue 24-Mar-20 07:35:35

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

At least we can get into garden. Had a pleasant couple of hours yesterday sitting outside reading my book.

Have ironingto do shortly, then like NanKate I am sure I can find jobs to do.

Thinking of Gilly and sending virtual hugs.

Newquay Tue 24-Mar-20 07:36:31

Good morning from a sunny but cold Staffs. More in garden today before one walk.
Have listened to headlines then turned radio off. Have heard and understood necessary orders and will comply-just don’t want to keep hearing about it.
Like you Cornergran, my list of folks alone grows. I “weep with those who weep and laugh with those who laugh”-always try to finish conversations on an “up”.
Very concerned about DD2-she is immuno suppressed, has 2 littlies. She’s working from home-if nanny can’t come in not sure how that will work. Her DH on frontline. Feel practically so helpless.

MawB Tue 24-Mar-20 07:39:45

Good morning all, if we did not know what is going on in the world it would be easy to believe it could not be a more beautiful Spring morning, wouldn’t it? ??
Quiet day -no change there now as I have been self-isolating for a week now anyway just being sensible I thought.
Power washed most of the patio yesterday but it is big and I ran out of hose length (and enthusiasm) about 3/4 of the way through so I will finish that today. I have tried to order some plants by email from a small local nursery and as soon as they are delivered I can get to work on the border. I wonder if I should paint the fence too?
No excuse to put off those jobs, but I expect there will be plenty of time over the coming months. I realise I am lucky, I don’t have to work from home, or entertain/control lively children and living in the country I have more or less empty countryside all around me. Sparing a thought for those cooped up in flats and city terraces, I realise I do not have much to complain of.
We have a new and I think lovely system in the village as of last night. My “green” card is up in my window to say all is well, and if I am poorly or need help, I swap it for a red one and one of a network of volunteers in the village will come to my aid. As I said, not much to complain of.
I wish you all continued health not just for you, but for your loved ones.

Susan56 Tue 24-Mar-20 07:44:04

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
Like you Brunette,I had a few panicky moments throughout the night.
Our daughters and my mum all live quite a way from us so we are unable to help each other out.Both son in laws are key workers.Feel overwhelmed at the moment as I’m sure many of you do.
It is forecast to be another sunny day so we will enjoy the garden again.DH has dug over the veg patch and started preparing the ground so looking forward to planting and eventually eating the fruits of our labours!Also had some bedding plants and compost delivered so lots to do.
I felt for you yesterday gilly,after all you have been through and now these financial worries as well.Sending you much love and strength.x
Mary,hope you are feeling better.
Annsixty,thinking of you?
Keep safe everyone,thinking of you all.x

Pittcity Tue 24-Mar-20 07:51:58

Good morning from a sunny but cold Colchester. I had to start watering my outdoor pots yesterday as their occupants were drooping. Something to get me outside and occupied. I will also be starting a new compost heap as our garden waste is not going to be collected and the tip is closed for the duration.
I count myself lucky that my problems are few at present. My heart breaks for the world.

Grammaretto Tue 24-Mar-20 07:54:04

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The weather looks like the general mood.
I won't be going out today. I queued for an hour in the street (2 mtrs apart) for prescription drugs yesterday as the chemist are doing a one in, one out system.
I heard some distressing stories and am fearful.
My exercise today will be collecting twigs from the woods at the end of the garden. What will yours be?
Have as best a day as you can everyone.

Sar53 Tue 24-Mar-20 07:56:32

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
I have a pile of ironing awaiting me and DH is sorting his office. I don't think the piles of papers and drawings have been touched for years !!!
I managed to get out for a lovely walk along our very deserted sea front yesterday.
Have the very best day that you can and stay safe xx