Gransnet forums

Chat

Wednesday exercise - what are your plans?

(37 Posts)
Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 07:03:15

It's another sunny day out there and I'm getting ready for a 90-minute walk, before the crowds!

Then later a bit of tidying in my little garden, and maybe even a teeny bit of housework.

sunshine

Lilypops Wed 25-Mar-20 07:18:36

I started jet washing the patio and decking yesterday , I will finish it off then tidy round the garden, move a ew pots around then it will be time for lunch and a glass of cool Ros’e and that’s about it , if the sun comes out and it’s warm I will sit in the garden and survey my work. Have a good safe day everyone.

craftyone Wed 25-Mar-20 07:21:09

solo cycle ride, then overdue cleaning with a purposeful wiggle.

BlueSapphire Wed 25-Mar-20 07:25:23

Cooking this morning and gardening this afternoon.

tanith Wed 25-Mar-20 07:26:00

Long walk, bit of gardening and probably read my book in the garden.

grandMattie Wed 25-Mar-20 07:26:54

We walk round the town, 1 1/2 miles, to get the paper, tai chi when we get up I the morning and then sometimes a walk to the beach 4 miles. Keeping away from others...

Anniebach Wed 25-Mar-20 08:49:33

Raise each leg, wriggle ankles, bend knees 5 times each leg
5 times a day.

Lucca Wed 25-Mar-20 08:55:30

Yesterday walked 10,000 steps and managed to avoid people by a lot of direction changes. Tried joe wicks PE on you tube in the morning, really wished I’d put my bra on when the star jumps started (grin). Decided he’s doing a marvellous job but I can’t do sit up things etc so will change to something more suitable. No garden to garden in.

Lucca Wed 25-Mar-20 08:56:06

Meant to say well done Anniebach by the way.

M0nica Wed 25-Mar-20 09:18:54

Been for my walk. Later I will be outside gardening, then I will look at my Tai Chi teacher's DVD. He is going to be doing classes online next week so I already know what exercise I will be doing on Monday between 3.00 - 4.00pm

merlotgran Wed 25-Mar-20 09:28:58

Yanking out nettles from some of the raised beds. Need to get onion sets planted.

Teetime Wed 25-Mar-20 09:31:49

Going to put on my new trainers (bought on line but from a local shop and delivered same day) and will walk all around the perimeter of town (on pavements dont want to get them dirty), come back pass the garage (M & S) and see if I can get a curry for dinner

Hetty58 Wed 25-Mar-20 09:31:54

Riverwalk, same as you, but with a dog!

Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 11:38:25

I did a river walk and the park - the park was busier than it usually is at 07.45.

There were families with young children who would not normally be in the park at that time of day - I expect they wanted to have their outing before the crowds arrived, particularly as the weather is good.

Rosalyn69 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:41:57

Pilates and dog walk.

Happygirl79 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:42:14

A lovely lone walk in the sunshine avoiding people at all times although not many people are about here
Will try to walk for an hour then may weed the drive and path later

felice Wed 25-Mar-20 11:47:05

Been in the garden this morning, then taking a walk along to the Church to put the paper rubbish out and turn the heating off.
Will take DGS with me this afternoon.

Liaise Wed 25-Mar-20 13:47:46

We have a pristine new fence. Concrete bases and posts as the last lot, put in by the builder, rotted in the seven years we've been here. Now have to recover plants affected by all this.. Sheds have to be put back etc. But it is looking smart.

TerriBull Wed 25-Mar-20 13:50:39

25 minutes of yoga before breakfast from an on line tutorial used before. Just got in from a 90 minute walk in the park.

TerriBull Wed 25-Mar-20 13:53:02

Very spaced out in our park, the deer were closer than the humans, maybe approached by a dog or two, but generally everyone does their best to keep well away when someone else is coming towards them.

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 13:56:26

Had my run at 5.45 (no buddy ?) then did some re-planting and erected a wall of faux ivy against which to train 2 clematis ordered from Bakker.
Nothing since then.
Now reading then late lunch/early evening meal.

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:02:08

Riverwalk

What crowds? I thought we were supposed to be indoors except for one walk per day but not near crowds.
Are you in GB?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:18:16

Up at 7 and sat down for half an hour with coffee, and now sat down looking on line. In between, took nets down in spare bedroom and cleaned the window and bathroom window. Did the ironing, fed the birds hoovered and steam cleaned floors, walked the dog for an hour. Prepared breakfast and lunch. Washed the spare room bed cover and hung it out. Put clean nets back up. Did half an hour of my course. This afternoon I’m going to start a small garden project, prepare dinner and then read a bit more of Mantel. Then watch television.

Such small things make me happy?

Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 14:24:17

I'm in London Gabriella !

Because the weather is so good the world and his wife are going to the parks and other public places, later in the day.

Obviously the press emphasise 'crowds' and print very selective photos but it was noticeable that families were out early this morning.

Newquay Wed 25-Mar-20 14:32:12

Oh Felice why are you with your DGS? Does he live with you?
Made a few phone calls/FT to folk on their own-I have a list of 18 folk I’m keeping in touch with. Did my British Heart Foundation 10 minute lounge workout. Have done a couple of half hour stunts in the garden. Now feet up for lunch then further in garden followed by walk-avoiding anyone we meet.