Gransnet forums

Chat

When all this is over, I'm going to.....

(177 Posts)
Chewbacca Thu 26-Mar-20 01:07:09

Book tickets for the theatre
Go to the cinema, followed by a nice meal in my favourite bistro
Have my hair cut and coloured

What about you?

minxie Thu 26-Mar-20 09:53:21

Hopefully be thankful That everyone I love comes through unscathed.
Then all of the above

Lulu16 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:54:28

Have a big family gathering and be thankful for life

Theoddbird Thu 26-Mar-20 09:56:54

Visit my grandchildren and my new great niece. Nothing more. My life is simple...I live simply. We will come through this changed....the world will be changed. The earth has sent us to our rooms to think about what we have done to it..

Quizzer Thu 26-Mar-20 10:01:23

Probably all of the above, but also book that trip to Australia before anything else interferes.

Dillyduck Thu 26-Mar-20 10:04:04

CRETE!

I stay in a wonderful singles only hotel in Crete, the Mistral at Maleme, and I have a booking there in the Autumn. Fingers and toes crossed that I get my two weeks of sunshine with my friends. If not, then I expect we will manage a get together somewhere in the UK.

Tree58 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:04:53

Like others, all I want to do is hug my family. I dont care about anything else.

HK55 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:07:28

Anything I want when I want?

Flakesdayout Thu 26-Mar-20 10:10:44

Probably cry with relief.
Hug the ones I love (and maybe some that I dont)
Sleep better
Not worry if I hear a cough when I'm out.
Go shopping for non essentials.

millymouge Thu 26-Mar-20 10:13:31

Hug all my family and thank them for all they did. At last move to the bungalow we bought the day before the lock down.

Pammie46 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:20:07

First time posting. Give all my eight grandchildren the biggest hugs ever. Then wait patiently for my eldest grandchild to give birth to my first great grandchild in June. Don’t know if boy or girl. So so pleased she is going old school. Can’t wait

inishowen Thu 26-Mar-20 10:21:28

I'll rebook my dental appointment to get a new crown. I have a gap at the moment.
See the family all at once. Maybe a summer party.
Go back to Pilates.
See my friend for a coffee in town
Go out for a meal.
Rebook our holiday to Spain.

Chris0 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:22:28

To hug my grown up children and go out together for a meal and finally go to the cities we planned to visit together before everything was cancelled. To go out on a whim to mooch around the shops and have a coffee.

marpau Thu 26-Mar-20 10:24:36

Hug my family really tight

Anniechip Thu 26-Mar-20 10:32:58

Be so very thankful that we’ve come through it!
Hug my grandchildren!! Visit my grandchildren in Essex and hug them too!
Re- book our month long trip to NZ where we should be right now!
Get my hair cut, managing to colour it myself at the moment!
Never, ever moan about Christmas shopping queues again!

Urmstongran Thu 26-Mar-20 10:37:49

Probably be a bit emotional with relief.
Then as we are in Spain at present ~ hit the beach nearby for the day with lunch & wine at a beach bar. It will be lovely to be allowed outside again.
Then, book a flight back to Manchester!

Keeper1 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:41:09

Well,obviously hug my grandchildren but hope my husband gets his appointment through for transplant assessment.

Rosina Thu 26-Mar-20 10:43:10

Hug my children and grandchildren - I ache from lack of real contact with them all.
Walk around my lovely local shops and have a coffee and cake.
Book a short break - 'don't like to be away from my animals for longer.
Thank my lucky stars if I am still around.

Houndi Thu 26-Mar-20 10:44:17

See my friend .Book a weekend away at Gary Neville hotel as he has been doing so much to help
Lending his hotel to NHS workers.Go to Madeira stay in one Ronaldo hotel
This guy been amazing brought 3 ITU units for Portugal and let his hotel be used as hospital.See a show.Go out for a meal with family.Have hair cut and coloured by the end of this i might find out how grey i am

Guineagirl Thu 26-Mar-20 10:48:18

I’ve planned it already just so hopelessness doesn’t set in.

It’s a good question and replying gives me hope...

1. Bike around Carsington reservoir.
2. Put my house up for sale.
3. American style fridge freezer.
4. Appreciate all the above.

One thing my integrated freezer and fridge have taught me I can’t fit anything in the freezer.

Maremia Thu 26-Mar-20 10:51:04

Hugs galore, cuddles and kisses, and like MrsEggy buy from any local shops that survive. Re-book our lost holiday to Seville. We cancelled, thank goodness, just before Spain went into lockdown. Houdini, will look out for Gary Neville hotels. Roots done, unless the 'badger' look comes into vogue. Hope we all get to do these wishes soon.

Noreen3 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:59:41

get my hair done

go out with my family,catch up with things we've not been able to do

have a trip to the seaside

get back to my normal routine,and realise that I've built up a good life for myself after becoming a widow

Foxynan Thu 26-Mar-20 11:03:09

I’m going to give my kids and grandchildren the biggest hug ever x

narrowboatnan Thu 26-Mar-20 11:06:11

Go and visit my DS, DD, DiL, SiL and DGC (6 of those) living the other side of the country. FaceTime and Messenger are all well and good, but you can’t hug properly on those

Peardrop50 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:07:26

Give thanks that it's all over, hug my children and grandchildren, go for coffee and cake by the beach and make a massive donation to a cause that appreciates our NHS.

KathrynP Thu 26-Mar-20 11:17:16

I am due to have MOHs surgery on a tumour on the top of my nose with plastic surgery . Was diagnosed in September due to have op in January but told a week before it won’t happen till June/July so found excellent surgeon and booked a private op for April 23rd that has now been cancelled understandably. Thankfully it seems that all Doctors are being directed towards the Coronavirus battle. They said they will contact me when they are ready and I certainly won’t bother them till I hear from them. Most of the private sector surgeons also work in the NHS so won’t have time to do private operations. I am lucky that my growth is the most slow growing cancer. We are so lucky to have the NHS. Of course this is all assumptions no one really knows how this is all going to pan out. Keep safe.