Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Thu 26-Mar-20 06:13:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
I have been feeling a bit rough , throat wise , with changing temperatures, both outside and in .
My throat , think it was caused by putting something in the microwave that was over hot, therefore burning the throat , making digesting hard food wise, otherwise I am OK.
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-Mar-20 06:17:08

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Take care of your throat Mick.

Blue Sky and beautiful sunrise here in S E Essex, but there is frost on the grass.

I seem to be in a habit of waking up at 5am each day, no idea why? Might tackle the ironing today, and tackle a cupboard or two.

Thinking of all the goodmorningers with troubles / ill health.

Take care and keep safe folks x

Beechnut Thu 26-Mar-20 06:21:18

Good Morning Mick and all who follow from a frosty Severnside where there is a big bright sun looking straight at me.

I pottered about yesterday quietly and sat in the sunshine reading my gardening magazine.

Today I plan to potter and do some crafting.

Go careful with hot food Mick.

Take care all ?

Beechnut Thu 26-Mar-20 06:22:08

Hello GrannyGravy13

grandMattie Thu 26-Mar-20 06:27:14

Good morning everyone. Greetings from another glorious day in E Kent.
A bit of sewing, a bit of cooking, giving a French lesson to young GD in NZ also housebound. The usual nothing much.
Keep safe and well.

BlueBelle Thu 26-Mar-20 06:34:42

Good morning everyone it looks another bright sunny morning in Suffolk
I had a low day yesterday feeling lots of unexplained minor pains that played havoc with my mind during this emotional time but I ve had a strict talking to myself and encouraged by my daughter who is a wonderfully practical minded lady
THE SUN WILL COME OUT AFAIN FOR ALL OF US
Have a good day everyone

aggie Thu 26-Mar-20 06:46:07

Good Morning all , no sign of any sun here but it isn’t as cold
I washed the floors yesterday, with no visitors they should stay clean
I WILL finish my crochet blanket today ?

ninathenana Thu 26-Mar-20 06:46:27

Good morning everyone.

The chink of sky I can see at the edge of the bedroom curtains looks bright. Yes, I'm still in bed. Getting up this early just makes the day even longer. DH will walk to the allotment and spend a couple of hours planting. What will I do ??????
Have a good day, take care.

cornergran Thu 26-Mar-20 06:47:59

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s another bright and chilly start to the day in our corner of Somerset. Look after yourself mick, your throat sounds painful. Garden pottering and some admin for me today. Mr C will be co-opted to move some tubs around before the colder weather arrives. We’re both fine weather gardeners. Hope Thursday is gentle with us all, take care.

BlueSapphire Thu 26-Mar-20 06:58:42

Good morning everyone from a nice and sunny Northampton.

Will get some washing done today I think. And more gardening this afternoon; I've almost finished the weeding then I shall have a fork over the borders.

Had a marathon cooking session yesterday; made three individual shepherd's pies, two lamb and mint burgers and a batch of lamb meatballs which are all now in the freezer (apart from one shepherd's pie, which was my dinner last night). Went down nicely with a glass of red wine ?!

DS phoned yesterday for a chat and was enjoying a day off with the DGDs. As he works for the police in London he still having to commute in. On Monday he said the train in was rammed, and the underground is very busy. I am really worried about him, but there is no way round it. It was a much quieter day on Tuesday apparently, after Boris's lock down announcement Monday evening.

Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Scentia Thu 26-Mar-20 07:04:59

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A frosty start to the day.
Need to go into work today as we have an order to complete, so that is good news for us.
Yesterday I attached my bracket to my bike so I can take the dog for a longer walk to wear her out a bit more as I can’t seem to walk far with my bad foot.
Had my very first video call with my DS and DDiL last night. DS showed me the Mother’s Day cars DDiL had bought him to send to me, but time got the better of him so he will save it until next year!!!

I think all this invert has made me think about my Fibromyalgia gain and I spent last night in various levels of pain. I know that mindfulness helps me to be well and I haven’t been doing it lately. Like Bluebelle, I had a word with myself?
Thinking of everyone who is having difficulties in this strange world we are living in at the moment.

Scentia Thu 26-Mar-20 07:06:36

Not sure what word ‘invert’ was supposed to be!!

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 26-Mar-20 07:07:21

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny, bit misty early on. I am going to help at the foodbank today, not quite sure how it will work, probably just bagging up the groceries. Virtual choir tonight, so looking forward to that; we’re starting later so we can go out and clap first. Also trying to keep up with Gareth but always on catch up. Have a good day.

Ginny42 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:08:23

Good morning Mick and everyone from a 'bright, bright sunshiney day' in Cheshire. There's frost about, but after 17C yesterday I gather we're in for a cold spell followed by a warm one. confused

Take care of your throat Mick. A lesson learned eh? Gargle with salt water and maybe keep sipping water?

I ache a bit because I did too much lifting in the garden yesterday moving heavy pots around.

My neighbours and I go walking in the woods so far apart we have to shout to make ourselves heard. Otherwise, I'm focusing on the end of this dreadful situation and getting through it. I have plenty to keep me occupied but realise it's early days. Look forward to my Skype session with family each evening.

As Bluebell says, the sun will come out again. Let's just focus on that today. Warmest wishes to all with illness and sadness to cope with. flowers for all.

Liljan Thu 26-Mar-20 07:09:46

Good Morning, I’ve often read your posts here but have never joined in. This is the perfect time to begin. I’m having a quieter day today, yesterday we were up extra early to walk our dog and after getting home I received a txt from my lovely son-in-law to say he’d got us some basics we were running out of. Jumped in the car and drove the half hour to pick them up from outside their home and as an added bonus chatted to my daughter & beautiful 17 month old granddaughter through the patio doors, was taken by surprise how emotional I felt as I haven’t seen my children/grandchildren since before Mother’s Day (apart from FaceTime) as I cancelled due to self isolation. Kept myself busy the rest of the day while husband finally made room in the garage of our new home for the car. We’ve been here since January and very relieved that we moved when we did, I see that gov advice is NOT to go ahead with exchanging contracts from here on in.

Susan56 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:16:25

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is another bright but cold start.
Had a bit of a stressful time yesterday with DGS aged 6 months being unwell,not Coronavirus.I had said what I thought was wrong and DD eventually spoke to a nurse so hopefully correct diagnosis and prescription.All this was done via photos and phone calls.I am not a dr worked as a pharmacy technician and in normal times DGS would have been seen by a dr so hoping between us we have got the diagnosis correct.
BlueBelle,I totally understand your worry.My younger daughter and both son in laws are key workers.
Today is another day so onward and upward.Another day in the garden while the weather is good.Veg plot is looking good,greenhouse washed and ready so we will start on the borders today.
I hope you have managed to speak to someone about finances gilly.
Wishing everyone the best day they can have?

MawB Thu 26-Mar-20 07:16:49

Good morning all - another clear blue sky and the birds singing their little hearts out as if there wasn’t a care in the world.
After a worrying 36 hours since DD messaged me to say DGS (aged 8) was showing all the symptoms of cough, fever and thorough poorliness, his temperature was back down to normal yesterday and he has perked up a bit. They are of course now in quarantine for two weeks so if he was positive the chances are that the other 2 have been infected (9 and 5) and possibly their parents too, as they have all been in the house together since school finished last Friday. It means DD can’t go into school as she was expected to and fortunately they have a big garden and enough space in the house to spread out but three lively children.....? I felt very down about it all, equally worried about the London families with younger children and in much more densely populated areas.
However, we are all in this together and losing sleep (which I have) over what I cannot influence helps nobody.
I do wish you and yours continued health, Mick mind that throat, take your temperature just to check, and if you are poorly do seek help.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

cornergran Thu 26-Mar-20 07:18:23

Morning liljan and welcome.

Susan56 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:18:46

Welcome Liljan??

Curlywhirly Thu 26-Mar-20 07:22:52

Good morning from a sunny but still frosty Cheshire. Spent yesterday in the garden, tidying it up and then sunning myself, can't believe how hot it got. Hope it's the same today, life seems so much better when the sun shines. Unexpectedly saw DS and DGS yesterday. DS had dropped his car off for its MOT in the village garage near our house; he put DGS in his push chair and took him for a walk whilst waiting for the car to be inspected. We spoke to them as they passed, us on our drive and them on the pavement a good 3 yards away. What strange times we are living eh?

NannyJan53 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:24:14

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country. The car is frosty though!

Welcome to this lovely thread Liljan. Yes that must be a relief that you moved. So many plans are now on hold.

Yesterday I cut the lawn and tidied the garden. Daily call to Mum, sat in garden in the sun and read. DS phoned me last night. He is busy as he is organising recruiting volunteers. Partner is working from home, so have to be mindful of being fairly quiet hmm

Keep looking at the garage, as that needs a tidy out, but heart isn't in it at the moment.

Keep well everyone

Brunette10 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:29:36

Good Morning from a dull and wet Fife sad never mind just have to get on with it. Just organising myself to go to M & S to the 'elderly' hours for supplies. Running out of chores to do but no doubt will find something to do. Going out for a walk each afternoon but if we can't do that today I think the TV will be getting put on, plenty to watch. Mick look after yourself. Nice to have yet another newbie to our thread liljan - welcome. Look after yourselves everyone we will get through this.

CherryCezzy Thu 26-Mar-20 07:38:04

Good morning Mick and everyone. Woke up to a beautiful dawn chorus, the sun is shining and it's shaping up nicely and promising to be the 3rd gorgeous day in a row here on the Gower.
Didn't post yesterday but did read. Gillybob I hope you have success in making substantial progress today. It's such a difficult time and you do need to look after yourself too so please take care x
I noticed Marydoll didn't post yesterday so I hope you and your family are ok. I was relatively sure that the venue can't legally withhold returning your money so I googled. I don't know whether you know this already now but if the Wedding venue was the one that cancelled it is illegal for them to retain it and not refund you. I found this on the Which? consumer rights site. There is a section dedicated to this in the light of it happening due to Covid-19. They cannot legally without a deposit either. There is also information in regard to suppliers, eg florists etc.
Had a very naughty trip out yesterday to pay a bill and do a bit of banking. My WP can't do it alone as I can't be left in the house on my own owing to my uncontrollable epilepsy. I felt very guilty but had no choice.
I'm here sitting on the bed with a nice cup of coffee & planning the day. The washing was done on timer in the night so it needs to go on the line and then it's on with a second load. Got some general bits of sprucing up to do in the house but then what...? I have been planning to get on with some unfinished artwork ( hardly a work of art) but haven't got round to it these last few days. Despite social isolation the day still rapidly disappears. Maybe I will find time today, then again....
My thoughts are with all of you. Thinking
especially of those who are ill or with loved ones ill and others who are facing financial uncertainty or whose family members are and everyone stuck and in isolation abroad.
Be kind to yourselves ❤️

Doorstop Thu 26-Mar-20 07:40:31

Hello from sunny Hertfordshire. Nice to hear the birds singing. Husband at home, not going in work even though he is supposed to and he works for family business, not sure if they will pay him. No online slots anywhere but my sister arranged for a veg box to be delivered. Is anyone washing veg any differently? Says use soap in the Mail!
Hope you all have the best day you can. X

DoraMarr Thu 26-Mar-20 07:41:43

Good morning from another sunny day in Birmingham! I’m so thankful our park is still open, it is great to be able to walk in it still, especially now the trees are in bud and all the spring flowers are blooming. My disabled friend is still walking with me, and then I do a longer, brisker walk by myself. Yesterday evening our writing group got together via Zoom, and we had a really productive two hours.
My diary seems to be empty today- how did that happen? It’s too nice to be doing anything indoors, so I will potter about on my balcony after my walk, and write some post cards to send tomorrow.
Micheal, be careful with your throat. Do you have any honey? Try a spoonful of clear honey and, yes, take your temperature to be sure. If it doesn’t feel better soon, you should phone 111.
Take care, everyone.