Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Sat 04-Apr-20 06:12:11

Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early again, its starting to get light, and what looks like the start of a nice warm day.
Yesterday, I visited the local Wairose , in the que in front people I actually Knew , so had some conversation.
What was amusing one person, who does seem to understand the rules , had been talking and when the doors opened and people started, he thought he could walk in behind us , but the security told him the back of the que is down there , which he did not like.
having had my prescriptions delivered by one of the managers , today would have seen getting the chemist que to get them.
Maybe a small walk this morning around the block so to speak for about 10 minutes or so , bit of climbing in it as well.
Mick

Beechnut Sat 04-Apr-20 06:21:41

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.
It’s just starting to get light on Severnside.

I’m going to go out and do a shop this morning. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it so I’m going early to get it over with as soon as possible.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, it’s supposed to be a nice one weather wise ?

Doorstop Sat 04-Apr-20 06:33:43

Good morning Mick and everyone from here in Hertfordshire.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 04-Apr-20 06:37:22

Good morning from east London, looks like that could be blue sky coming. DP is talking of watering the garden as we’ve had so little rain recently. Did an ‘emergency’ trip to DD yesterday; she had broken her phone so I offered my old one to fill a gap. Good to see them, albeit at a distance; GD1 was showing me all the projects she’s working on for school while GD2 is just coming on so fast (nearly 3 months now). Amazing how fascinating a fly can be, her eyes were following it everywhere. One of the places I walk to, Hollow Ponds, has now had its car park blocked off. It’ll be interesting to see if that affects the number of walkers as it did get used by hospital visitors and staff. Hope you have a good day.

Liljan Sat 04-Apr-20 06:49:06

Good morning from the NE, it’s been a busy couple of days, cooking and batching while DH is getting on with painting & varnishing chores, before we’ve known it it’s been lunch time, then tea time, we just haven’t stopped, planning a quieter weekend. We’re also now quite proficient in the game of backgammon although DH seems to have a better strategy than I do. Enjoy your weekend as best you can everyone & keep well.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:01:32

Goodmorning Mick and all x

The sky is turning from pale pink to bright blue here in S E Essex and the air definitely feels warmer.

Yippee it's the weekend...............unfortunately no different to any other day at the moment. Some pottering in the garden is on the agenda and then homemade burgers, chips and salad for dinner this evening.

I am starting to miss my old life, whatsapp, Houseparty and FaceTime are good but it's just not the same as being in the same room as family and friends. I used to love mooching around the shops, popping into Old Leigh, meeting up with friends for coffee or afternoon tea!

I appreciate that it is for the good of ourselves and everyone that we have to isolate and therefore I wouldn't dream of breaking the new rules, but this morning I am finding it hard.

Virtual hugs (((-))) to all who are having a wobble, gillybob thinking of you and your family, Marydoll hope you are keeping well and Urmstongran let that Spanish Sun be shining down on you ?

Keep safe and well folks ?

GabriellaG54 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:04:13

Good morning everyone from a misty and slightly chilly Godalming.
No run for me this morning as, since Thurs afternoon, I've had terrible screaming pain down the back of both legs but mostly back of thighs. Was not able to sit, stand or any manoeuvre without agonising cramps 24/7.
If I'd had a saw I would have hacked my legs off.
Neither massage, hot bath nor hot water bottles had any effect.
Last night was much better and this morning I feel 100%
Enough!
Not having even looked at my phone over that period, I will respond to a couple of PMs this morning but 'thank you' to those posters.
Coffee next and boy! am I glad those cramps have gone. I'd rather go through 10 births than that.
Hope everyone has a better weekend now that sun is promised in most areas. A bit of warmth never went amiss.
Take care and ??+ ? to all. ?

NanKate Sat 04-Apr-20 07:12:36

Morning Mick and All.

Mick if you can make your walk 20 minutes by going round the block twice, like I do, that would be a good bit if exercise. I walk at a normal pace then quicken up for a few minutes then return to normal and repeat this. It is supposed to be good to get your heart rate up a bit.

Sunshine hiding behind the clouds here in South Bucks but I think we are in for a nice day. How dreadful for those without a garden or anywhere to escape being confined.

Hugs to you all.

cornergran Sat 04-Apr-20 07:12:41

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloud over our corner of Somerset. The garden is very dry, may need to water but would never have thought it would be needed a few short weeks ago. We’re aiming to make weekends feel different, so no major jobs, rather pottering if we feel like it and reading if not. Will try for a FaceTime chat with our Littlest, cooperation is shall we say variable smile. Our walk will come at some point, an opportunity to wave to neighbours and smile at other walkers. I felt that struggle yesterday grannyg, back to a resigned acceptance today. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, take care.

Sark Sat 04-Apr-20 07:15:41

Good Morning everyone. Beautiful morning here in Oxfordshire.
Just having a 'chamberpot ' of tea which made me think I haven't seen a post from Pantglas recently...has anyone else?
Busy day planned starting with cleaning fridge, food shop, long walk, general house cleaning, sort some paperwork, clean garden furniture then sit on it with my kindle. So had better get moving!
Have a good day everyone and stay safe flowers

kittylester Sat 04-Apr-20 07:16:46

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

Gardening for us this weekend.

ninathenana Sat 04-Apr-20 07:24:28

Good morning everyone.
Misty start here in Kent but it should turn into a nice day.
DH will walk to the supermarket for essentials. It's a pleasant walk along the sea wall. We normally go together in my car but we're sticking to the rule of one shopper.
Have a good day everyone.

Ginny42 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:28:56

Good morning Mick and everyone. After a moonlit night it was a golden dawn in Cheshire. A few clouds have moved in now, but it's definitely a lot warmer. Must be. I've turned the heaters off!

I found a gift at back of the cupboard which was for someone I didn't see at Christmas and haven't had the opportunity to see since. It's a pillow spray and wake-up eye cream, so I gifted it to myself and I slept sooo well. The cream stings a bit, but I do feel wide awake.

I was busy yesterday and it seemed to fly by. Chatted with DD and DGS and that makes 2000 miles seem not so very far. In one sense I'm fortunate that I go for long periods not seeing them, so it's a kind of normal for us.

This morning a walk in the woods and then I will get on with a painting. There's nothing pressing!

Take care and stay safe everyone. flowers for all.

Urmstongran Sat 04-Apr-20 07:36:41

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. Seems we are all going to get a lovely weekend!

I started a new book on my Kindle yesterday (Where the Crawdads Sing) and already I’m loving it - so that’s today sorted haha! Steaks ? ? + that bottle of Faustino red ??I found in the cupboard for dinner tonight (I mean the wine from the cupboard, the steaks are in the fridge!).

Yes Sark you’re right - Pantglas hasn’t posted for a few days. I hope she and her husband are okay.

GabriellaG those legs cramps must have been awful. Quite scary actually as you couldn’t get any relief from them. I’m glad you’re better.

I had another wobble GG13 when I saw on the news the funeral for that 13y old London boy where his family couldn’t attend as two of his sisters now have symptoms. Apparently they all had to watch it be video link. I cried my eyes out for them all.

Spain might be peaking this weekend. It’s Day 20 out of 29 on our lockdown and so far there’s been no news of an extension. I wonder if the government might extend it but perhaps loosen it a bit by allowing us to go out for a daily walk? I do hope so. We can even go in our gardens so it’s been really hard.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

brook2704 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:42:56

Good morning everyone from a bright dry Inverness. I’m definitely looking forward to a bit of warmer weather this weekend to continue pottering in the garden

Yesterday I walked down to a friends house nearby and we chatted on her driveway for a while - at the required distance of course ! It was great to see her face to face and we enjoyed a good catchup

So pleased you’re feeling better GabriellaG54 It sounds awful whatever it was !

Enjoy your book and your dinner later Urmstongran - I do hope the situation in Spain eases a bit soon and the strict lockdown is lifted slightly ...

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care if you have to go out ?

Pantglas2 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:43:00

Morning All from a dry north Wales where I’m enjoying the chamberpot Sark and lolling abed!

Haven’t posted for ages as I’ve been trying to stay in my little ‘happy bubble’ in these trying times although I have popped in for a read occasionally to see if everyone is well!

I’m baking like mad - must be my comforter and DH is loving it all as he’s confined to barracks, busy in the garden! Stay safe everybody flowers

Sark Sat 04-Apr-20 07:49:00

Glad to hear all is well Pantglas

NfkDumpling Sat 04-Apr-20 07:50:40

Morning All

A wonderfully clear blue sky here in the north of Norfolk.

A gardening day. I don’t know how you’re staying sane Urmonstone. How do you get your shopping? We’re in the “Stay in for twelve weeks” group and getting supplies is a problem. I did break our imprisonment last week to drive to Tesco and am still feeling the guilt. DS says he will add anything he wants to his shopping but I fear it will mean his going without or having to go twice due to the restrictions on how much can be bought at one time. Selfishly, I’m hoping he’ll bring DGS when he drives over on his mercy drops.

flowers Everyone.

dragonfly46 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:51:24

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

My DH’s telephone appointment yesterday was reassuring so that is one worry less.

We still have my DD’s dog and no means of getting him home in the near future. We love him a it means my DH has exercise every day as I am not allowed out, but she is missing him.

Sainsbury and Boots deliveries today.

dragonfly46 Sat 04-Apr-20 07:52:02

I meant to say appointment with the consultant.

NfkDumpling Sat 04-Apr-20 07:52:17

Good morning Pantglas!

Sparkling Sat 04-Apr-20 07:57:01

Good morning every one, it looks as if the weather is turning warm, so for those of us with a garden it will be easier. I really didn't realise that in Spain you couldn't go in your garden, that must be hard. There is a lot of heavy work that needs doing out there which I can't do.
I am getting used to walking round the block, I know every crack in the pavement now.
I hope everyone has a good day today.

Kalu Sat 04-Apr-20 08:08:13

Good morning Mick and everyone. A lovely sunny start to the day, not quite there yet to enjoy morning coffee in the garden but a sunny start certainly lifts my spirit.

Enjoyed a long blether with DD1 last night, putting the world to rights and funny anecdotes about how the girls are coming up with ideas to keep themselves occupied. Good to hear her and the girls sounding upbeat. Enjoyed a spur of the moment short walk at 11.30pm. as it was so peaceful and quiet.

A gardening day ahead but I am now missing trips to our local garden centre for a wander round looking for ideas to fill pots. Too early to do here yet but it’s something I always look forward to doing, oh well, plenty more to do will keep me busy and potter on.

Have the best day you can everyone, hoping we all enjoy a sunny weekend?

Grandmafrench Sat 04-Apr-20 08:09:02

Morning everyone - and a much better day for all you lovely GNetters sad or stressed or struggling. I’ve decided to stay away from the news this weekend, especially as there’s talk that some will break the guidelines in the UK and go out to enjoy themselves because of good weather. Here they are rules = break them = you pay.

At the end of this wonderfully warm, sunny morning, we plan to have lunch in the garden and raise our voices and a glass above the frogs. (Before shouts of ‘racist’, I need to point out that these are very tiny, very loud Mediterranean tree frogs ?!!) DH will have a proper rest with a book in the sun and feet up and sunscreen. We’ve been able to organise a free collection of all our garden waste (as the dump is closed), really pleased we don’t have to store it here indefinitely....too many hedges still to do. How thrilled are we to have such small treats arrive in the midst of all this continuing confinement.

Dogs will need a shampoo today ?. A treat (for us) - an almond and apple pudding with some crème frâiche. I’ll bake more bread and be thankful that we’re both well. Have a safe day, everyone. Seriously....TAKE CARE. Hugs and good wishes ?????

LullyDully Sat 04-Apr-20 08:13:19

Good morning from a sunny Hampshire. Glad everyone is staying well.

Husband took a trip to Waitrose yesterday evening, it was practically empty of people.
No pasta, but we have resorted to eating the interesting, decorative stuff our son brought us from Italy. All bows and stripes. It tasted ok.