Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Wed 06-May-20 06:10:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Do a small shop mainly to get weekend meals sorted for Sunday.
The weather forecast seems to be changing later in week I see.
Its case of the old wives saying do not class doubt until May is out.
Hopefully some mail , and watch TV, etc.
Mick

MawB Wed 06-May-20 10:44:31

One reason to stay with Warfarin is that its effects can be instantly reversed with a Vit K shot, whereas the newer more sophisticated anti-coagulants can take 24 hours. That could be catastrophic to anyone having, for instance a gastric bleed.
I know Warfarin is a bit of a “sledgehammer to crack a nut”, but it is still preferable for some conditions.
Years of experience of that from 2011-Paw’s death in 2017.

EllanVannin Wed 06-May-20 10:37:15

Yes, Rufus, I'm afraid we're a backward country and after my years of to-ing and fro-ing for INR's, they probably haven't heard of it !
I'm going to give it a mention tomorrow to the nurse----if she's heard of it.
Sorry to sound a mizzo but all things considered, this country is going backwards in lots of things/ ways I'm sorry to say.

Hope all's well at your end Rufus. x

Rufus2 Wed 06-May-20 10:26:17

so I'll be waiting outside until I'm called through
Ellan I think you've told me before, but why can't you change from Warfarin to Eliquis, or whatever it's called?
No need for blood tests, so much more suitable for current conditions! hmm

mamaa Wed 06-May-20 10:25:13

And it should be wasn't not want...I did preview it honestly hmm

Purplepixie Wed 06-May-20 10:24:19

Good morning from a lovely sunny east Midlands. DH is out doing our weekly shopping and I'm sat in the garden. The birds are singing ? and it's hard to believe there is anything wrong. Stay safe and sane. Xx

mamaa Wed 06-May-20 10:23:21

Just realised should be a capital W...sorry

mamaa Wed 06-May-20 10:22:39

For all of us missing our grandchildren- I'll share my pocket hug which I received yesterday. was such a surprise when I saw the little packet on the mat as I knew I want expecting anything. Think I may have something in my eye...

Grandmafrench Wed 06-May-20 10:14:59

Good Morning everyone. Brilliant sunshine, blue and 28 degrees already. It’s time to empty the pool, jet wash and remove all winter stains. Then there will be the 2-day refilling process and it can warm up for some regular use again.

I almost started a wobble yesterday afternoon when I heard the UK figures! This was after a long conversation with my family there making lots of reassuring and hopeful noises about the future...when? How much longer etc., I then received a text from a friend on her own and unable to have brain surgery. She said she feels like she’s having a breakdown, so today I will phone and after the tears, hope to make her laugh.

That’s all we can do, I feel. Just be there for each other until this madness has passed. I do think looking too far ahead that there’s a big risk of being knocked down...and that too is when I panic. So slow and steady must be the way - and spoil ourselves and each other where we can. And laugh. Gardening and laughing and probably baking - best medicine for me.

Desperate for you gilly. But desperate doesn’t help, so maybe as Urms suggested, step back a bit and get some proper rest. Choose the day you’ll renew your efforts, until then you’ve done all you can.

Cheese scones wait for no man - or so my DH just remarked. I think he may be keeping too much company with our dogs....they know how to demand. So, I shall retire to the kitchen before all day in the garden.

Wishing everyone some calm, peace from worries, better health and some small thing just to cheer the day, if you’re struggling.

And Marydoll if your posts were any shorter, I simply wouldn’t bother to read them! ?

CherryCezzy Wed 06-May-20 10:10:13

Oh, just remembered one thing! I want to give a warm welcome to all newbies ?

CherryCezzy Wed 06-May-20 10:06:50

Good morning Mick and everybody. It's blanket blue sky here in the Gower, total contrast from yesterday.

Woohoo Urmstongran, long overdue. ?

Sentia, sorry to hear, you've had a wobble. Perfectly understandable ?. That goes for the many others of you that seem to have had or are having wobbles too.

Feel free to post a whole page Marydoll ? . By the way, think your DiL's parents are being selfish and irresponsible.

Don't go making yourself ill Gillybob. I think Urmstongran may be right in her advice to take a day or two before you try again. I too read about your bank being the one presenting their customers with the biggest problems and they could, apparently, be taken to task over it. They have received a warning.

You could freeze on quiche Susan , I doubt the deli would have pre frozen so it would be safe.

Drat! My guppy mind ?, I wanted to respond to some other posts but my blinking mind has switched itself on to standby mode ?! I apologise.

I've got my group quiz to be getting on with shortly. I'm enjoying it and blowing my own ? am actually doing well, which is peculiar considering my guppy brain atm ?.

I may sit out in the garden later and start a new non artistic art project ? and am thinking of making a small quiche for dinner later as yesterday I found some pastry in the freezer.

Take care one and all. Be kind to yourselves ❤️

GabriellaG54 Wed 06-May-20 10:04:33

Yes, I suppose it's dialect driven kevincharley

GabriellaG54 Wed 06-May-20 10:02:55

More...

readsalot Wed 06-May-20 10:02:51

Good morning and lovely to read all the posts. It's sunny but fresh in Gloucestershire so getting last lot of washing on the line today. Tumble dryer is broken and no chance of getting it mended for a while. DH has taken up gardening since all sport is cancelled (hooray!) but no hanging baskets until the garden centres open.

kevincharley Wed 06-May-20 10:02:49

Is 'do not class doubt until May is out' a local derivation of 'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out'?
It's my day off today, the sun's out and I'm loving the peace and quiet.

GabriellaG54 Wed 06-May-20 10:00:48

Didn't take first time

GabriellaG54 Wed 06-May-20 09:58:15

Good morning everyone ???
It's a beautiful day here in Godalming, cloudless blue sky and weak sunshine but too early to have any real warmth yet. 22c forecast for midday ?
An uneventful run at 05.30 but I had a 15 minute sit down and fed the quackers some broken crackers whilst enjoying my iced cappuccino. Some smoke coming from the chimney of a moored narrowboat told me someone else was up and about.
I love the clean fresh peaceful mornings.
Once home and after shower I pottered outside before making a strong espresso and eating toasted muffins with eggs Benedict decorated with chopped flat leaf parsley...quite pretty to look at and delicious to eat.
Nowt much planned for the rest of today as I cleaned inside of windows yesterday and washed the tiled kitchen floor and skirtings...in fact I did the kitchen wall and floor cupboards too - at least it's good exercise.
I bought some all white Frette bedding yesterday. My bedroom will look like a nunnery as it's all white except for black wrought iron lamp stands with white cotton shades and a mahogany bed. It's my favourite room.
I took these photos earlier after my run so still not getting proper sun. Just a small corner of the courtyard at the back of my portion of the property, which is quite large really, with fields and trees bordering three sides and a lane down the drive - a wing of the main residence.
I hope everyone enjoys a good or better day and the sun shines to lift your spirits.
Take care and ?? for all GNers.

EllanVannin Wed 06-May-20 09:58:13

Good Morning All x
A lovely sunny start of what is to be a glorious few days, but that bloomin' wind is still cutting so it's a jumper again.

I've just had to put the sound up on the TV as some idiot is " practicing " on what sounds like a trumpet----wish he'd swallow it grin intermittent blasts which gets on your nerves.
Another neighbour is burning rubbish in the wood-burner and it smells like old socks---not a good morning really.

I'm getting a bit het up at the thought of having to see the nurse at the surgery tomorrow for my INR. Surgeries are full of germs so I'll be waiting outside until I'm called through.

Creamed mushrooms on toast today, nice and easy to do and nourishing too----could eat that now smile Marmite on toast because I've run out of crumpets so it calls for a visit to the local shop today.

So glad your pension's sorted Urmston, though not a fortune it's better than a poke in the eye with a big stick.

Just reading about our strain of the virus being linked to Spain, accelerated mainly by the Liverpool/Madrid football which was played on March 11th ! Who allowed it I wonder ?
It has killed over 900 in Merseyside.! At the time the Madrid supporters weren't allowed to watch the match from their homeland----but were allowed to travel/fly to Liverpool and mix with supporters in Liverpool. No wonder it spread {shock]

Poor Gillybob, yet I got through to the bank a couple of days ago, but not about a loan so it could have been a different department. Keep trying girl. x

Stay safe and well everyone. xx

Hymnbook Wed 06-May-20 09:56:32

Morning everyone. Lovely sunny morning here in Sherwood Nottingham. Off to Tesco hope they've sorted out the problems from last week. Too many people in the shop. No social distancing not following the one way system either. Hope you are all well and keeping safe.

Kalu Wed 06-May-20 09:55:26

Good morning from another one of those sunny days ahead in Glasgow.

I am with you Scentia being completely pissed of with the recent news of a chief government scientist feeling it is ok for him to break the guidelines. What an idiot!

I have had a couple of weepy days during this, missing both DGs is heartbreaking. I normally see them twice a week at least but I can’t even see them never mind having cuddles. Doesn’t help either when my selfish neighbour’s family have upped their visits to every other day now. Their GD is the same age as my eldest DG 14 and is now being dropped off to visit her grandparents. ?

I had lots of projects planned Bellasnana then as time went on I got to the stage of, oh, I can’t be bothered so now things are done when I am in the mood and goodness knows, I have plenty of time to get around to whatever it is?.

Cushion covers wash today, drying in the sun which is lovely but the excitement stops there when I have to iron the blooming stuff!

I am DH’s assistant today helping erect a new greenhouse then I will go online to find some salad seeds. Usually I am never away from our local garden centre at this time of year.

Have a good day all and wishes for a better day if you have struggles to cope with.

BladeAnnie Wed 06-May-20 09:51:32

Good morning all from a sunny mid-Notts. An overflowing laundry basket beckons this morning!! Chilli for tea tonightsmile. Stay safe everyone and may Wednesday be kind to us all x

Nannytopsy Wed 06-May-20 09:45:42

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Well done for being up early enough to see frost Ginny! Still not up here blush.
A beautiful morning in Suffolk after a clear night with a stunning moon.
Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom tiles with Cif and a toothbrush. Today I shall order a long handled scrubbing brush!
Today may be the day when we fire up the pressure washer for the first time - this could get messy!
A 20 mile round trip to click and collect. Who though rural living would have the hidden benefit of a reason to take a drive?!
I’m another waspi but I did get one year closer on Sunday smile.
Have the best day you can.

NannyJan53 Wed 06-May-20 09:42:04

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

No real plans today (no surprise there then) . It's a milestone getting your SP Urmston, I had mine aged 64 1/2. I get £174.96 a week (why can't they round it up to £175 smile )

Welcome bartsmaw I hope you will enjoy the support and friendship in here.

I feel so angry on your behalf gilly, surely you should take this to your MP or your local newspaper?

Wishing you all the best day possible

Mapleleaf Wed 06-May-20 09:25:26

Good morning,

I haven't read everyone's posts yet but wanted to post quickly before I get back to finishing changing the bed sheets & vacuuming upstairs.

It was lovely and bright when I got up but is clouding over again. It's supposed to be warming up tomorrow. As long as it stays dry today so that I can get the bedding on the line, I don't mind too much.

Hope everyone is ok. Take care.

Annapops Wed 06-May-20 09:17:06

Where has the sun gone? Sure it was there earlier. A grey sky over our part of County Durham at the moment.

Yesterday was my wobble day too Scentia. I too am missing my DGC who I would normally see every week. Hearing about Professor Ferguson yesterday didn't help. My 19 year old GS has not seen his girlfriend in 7 weeks and rightly so, but then our scientific advisor thinks he is above heeding his own advice in order to meet up with his lover. Absolutely shocking.

Congratulations Urms. State pension for you at last. Another year to go for me.

Sorry to hear there is nothing being resolved for you Gilly. Stay strong.

Have the best Wednesday you can all. X

GrannyGravy13 Wed 06-May-20 09:05:29

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Bright blue sky with whispy white clouds here in S E Essex.

Day 51 of not setting foot past the first hedge in front garden (still 40 foot from the pavement) I am tempted to go for a walk today, not sure if I am brave enough though?

Congratulations Urmstongran ??

Gillybob ? I do hope that you are able to access some help soon.

Marydoll look forward to your novellas

Keep safe and well folks?