Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(96 Posts)
Bartsmaw Wed 06-May-20 07:55:30

Good morning not posted much but have been a fan for a couple of Years..
Did meet Marydoll at a Glasgow meet up once but due to other commitments haven't managed another one one. You lovely ladies have helped to keep my life in perspective on many occasions. As a mum to 4 married son's enough said and 7 grandchildren life gets complicated now and then. Over the last 14 years I am spent many happy months in Spain but due to husband's health we were not able to go this winter past we should have gone by road in March . I would like to share a secret . I had a big wobble last week and decided to try two changes to help myself. Move upstairs ( my husband has a constant cough love him to bits) started using couch to 5 K app seem to be managing . Have I totally flipped 67 never been to a gym in my life wish me luck please smilesmilesunshine

Sark Wed 06-May-20 07:50:14

Good Morning everyone.
Lovely morning in Oxfordshire but chilly.
Same as everyone we are missing all the family...one day we will be through this.
I am also missing my hairdresser as I am beginning to look like a badger!
Sending love and best wishes to allflowers

MawB Wed 06-May-20 07:47:17

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is again sunny with a clear blue sky!
I always understood the saying to be
“Ne’er cast a clout, till May be oot “( “out” for the benefit of the English), but I like your version too Mick grin
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

kittylester Wed 06-May-20 07:46:30

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

Some cleaning today I think - possibly - and the garden centre (recommended by dragonfly) will hopefully ring about delivering compost, herbs and bedding plants.

We had an exciting day yesterday. The new sofa came and looks huge and the new garden bench also arrived - also huge!

Thinking of gillybob and wishing we could help.

Take care everyone!

Puzzler61 Wed 06-May-20 07:46:01

Good morning Mick and everyone from Worcs. It’s a cool start (heating kicked in) but then it’s full sun’s all the way on Met Office forecast.

I’m a WASPI too and as the song goes “I’m still waiting” (Diana Ross). Always thought I’d retire at 60 after working since 16.

Got a pile of ironing done yesterday (when cat stopped sleeping on top of it - had to rewash some) and had a long chat with DD2 who is living alone and an hour from us. She had a bit of a wobble for the first time.

DH’s new office chair was delivered late on and he’ll be assemble-img it this morning. Hope it’s simple or the cursing will start ?

My only plan so far is to wash my shaggy locks and visit Miss Marydoll’s Maths class for some fun and banter with Pantglas, Bathsheba, Calistemon, Willa, Doodle and of course Marydoll. I might even learn to do Maths!

Take care all and enjoy the sunshine ☀️

harrigran Wed 06-May-20 07:34:40

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE where it is just 2degrees.
I got the expected call from my elder sister abroad.
Their lives are getting back to normal with Dr's appointments and hairdressers working.

Watched young musician from Sunday, thought the pianists were wonderful. DD was a gifted pianist and I miss the music in the house.

Thinking of you all.

Brunette10 Wed 06-May-20 07:28:48

Urmstongran - Congratulations, it's nice feeling isn't it. I'm a WASPI too. Can't think why we get so excited getting something that has been long awaited and what's rightly ours but it was a nice feeling. Enjoy!!!!

Brunette10 Wed 06-May-20 07:26:30

Good Morning from Fife. It's a beautiful day here, sun shining, no wind and very peaceful, my kind of day. Scientia we all know how you feel, it is very difficult and most of us have had a wobble or two, keep strong and think of all the positive things we have in our life at the moment and look forward to what lies ahead. Under normal circumstances we would have our 2 x DGS today and what a day it would have been. A trip out somewhere and enjoying the weather, the day will come again I know it will so that's what's keeping me going. For today though a day outside doing what we can and enjoying the weather. Chin up everyone smile

Urmstongran Wed 06-May-20 07:22:23

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga ? it hit 30°C yesterday and it was still warm when we went to bed!
?

Well yesterday afternoon I rang the DWP and after a short wait (thinking of you here gillybob with Barclays which, BTW was in the news last night about their on-line system crashing and customers unable to access the government loans) a lovely Geordie lady set up my state pension.

I gave her my bank details (which is why I didn’t trust the WiFi here to do it in case it crashed halfway!) and I start getting £170 per week in July, paid 4 weekly = £680.

As a WASPI I’m about to get my pension at long last - I shall be 66y. Woohoo‼️

I decided it called for some cava to celebrate when I came off the phone - a bird in hand and any excuse!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Gingster Wed 06-May-20 07:22:22

Good morning from a beautiful Suffolk coast. The wind has dropped and it feels warmer after that bitter easterly yesterday.

SCENTIA I know just how you feel - I’m fine until I start talking about the family or have a lovely message from them. And then the tears come. Yesterday my 17yr GD visited her mum , brothers and little sister and sat in the garden with them at a distance. She’s been staying with her dad and isolated from her family. She was getting more and more upset not seeing them so she went over , for an hour and then ended up more upset. Really made me cry! This horrid virus !

Had to take little pooch to the vet yesterday,. While we were out walking she fell and couldn’t get to her feet. She’s only 3 and so energetic, always racing after her ball. Vet thinks it’s her hips. No running for a few days. Short walks on the lead. I think we overdo her excercise. Seems fine today.

We’ll go surgery to pick up DHs prescription. We went on Monday but it wasn’t ready ?. Hopefully will be today. Don’t want to keep going out!

Stay well all and keep cheerful ?

NotAGran55 Wed 06-May-20 07:14:30

Good morning from sunny West Berkshire.

I am going to try to grow some vegetables for the first time in my life. I have some seeds and seed potatoes left on my doorstep by a kindly neighbour. I’m improvising with assorted yoghurt pots and cut down milk containers as I don’t have any seed trays . It will be a miracle if anything ever gets onto a plate but it will amuse me for a while .

Totally understand your wobble ‘Scentia* and your rage .
The vast majority of us are conforming but there are millions of ‘ effing idiots ‘ (my shop worker son’s words ) determined to compromise the rest of us .

Stay home > Protect the NHS > Save lives .
What is so difficult to understand?

Pantglas2 Wed 06-May-20 07:09:20

Morning all from a bright and breezy north Wales where I’ve decided I need to bring my darker curtains out of storage as the dawn is waking us up too early. That’ll give us an extra hour of sleep methinks!

I too had a little wobble yesterday Scentia as I saw my young grandson in his bedroom window whilst I delivered a card for his parents anniversary- his little face lighting up made me weep as I drove home - soppy thing I am!

Sausage and bean casserole to be prepped for this evening and maybe sit out reading in the summer house this afternoon - stay safe and well everyone x

Bellasnana Wed 06-May-20 07:04:01

Good morning Mick and everyone. It is already hot and sunny here in Malta. Temp is supposed to be 30°C today.

I’m toying with the idea of shifting furniture around in my bedroom but am dithering because it means emptying two large bookcases before I can move them. I have become so lazy; can I be bothered?

Scentia, I’m sorry you were so sad but it’s understandable under these strange circumstances. Hope you are feeling better today.

Wishing as good a day as possible to everyone.sunshine

Beechnut Wed 06-May-20 07:03:54

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s a sunshiny start and promises to be all day so I’ll make the most of it.

I have to go to the mail box for birthdays that are next week.

I’ve got some fabric left over from skirt making so I’m going to see if there is enough to make a top to go with it. After that I’ll hoover up the dining room floor because I’m sure I will make a mess.

Even though we FaceTime I’m missing my DD too Scentia. I think this is the longest time I’ve ever been without seeing her.

The last few days in my road there have been visitors. Of course I don’t know whether there is a good reason for the visit or whether they are just flouting. Some I can see are doing the SD.

Stay safe and have the best day you can all ?

ninathenana Wed 06-May-20 06:56:11

That's what we were expecting grand Mattie sad fingers crossed it will change

Scentia Wed 06-May-20 06:45:50

*cyst ?. A customer.

grandMattie Wed 06-May-20 06:44:39

Morning all.
Funny that nina. Our bit of E Kent is glorious today!
Great day today. Let out to go to the supermarket. Small thing! ?

Scentia Wed 06-May-20 06:44:24

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. The sun is shining, but it is cold out at the moment.
I had a major wobble yesterday, it is my only DGS first birthday on Saturday and as I was talking to my DH about him I just burst out crying, I was sobbing. Poor DH couldn’t work out what was wrong. I am missing my DD and DGS so much and my heart is breaking now. I then hear stories about Chief Advisors ignoring the rules. I am pissed off to say the least.
Anyway, had my rant, on with the day?
Working at the factory today as we had an urgent call at 8.00pm last night from a cyst who needed something, we will get his job done and delivered by tomorrow morning. We love this type of job, (only when we are this quiet though!!)
Ido hope that everyone has the best day possible and steered clear of any wobbles. Stay safe everyone ??

NanKate Wed 06-May-20 06:43:51

Morning Mick Nina and All.

A good day weather wise here in South Bucks. Will walk up to the woods this morning.

I have noticed a great increase in sports type cyclist around our way. They are whizzing up and down the roads at a fast rate. ?‍♂️??‍♀️

ninathenana Wed 06-May-20 06:31:42

Morning Mick and everyone.

Dull start in Kent and only 11° which is not what was forecast.
More chauffering of the gardener today. At least it's a change from four walls.
Have a good day everyone, stay safe.

12Michael Wed 06-May-20 06:10:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Do a small shop mainly to get weekend meals sorted for Sunday.
The weather forecast seems to be changing later in week I see.
Its case of the old wives saying do not class doubt until May is out.
Hopefully some mail , and watch TV, etc.
Mick