Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(116 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-May-20 06:10:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Today , whilst monitoring my weight , they it seems to go up and down by a kilo or more is snacking between meals and in the evenings.
Yesterday , my cycling magazine issues arrived in the post including back copies .
I am hoping my hair trimmer arrives soon , as I have tracked it from China to Heathrow and then through customs for just under a kilo in weight its been along journey .
Mick

Scentia Tue 12-May-20 06:38:48

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. I am actually in North Nottinghamshire coming to the end of a long night shift, the weather in Nottinghamshire is beautiful, I will take it home with me later??
A little sleep and then I am going to take the dog for a walk on the trails, I may take the bike. I haven’t been there for 8 weeks and I am looking forward to it.
My DD seems to think we can meet up and go for a walk now as long as we are 2m apart but how am I going to stop myself scooping my DGS up in my arms?
I do hope Gilly manages to sort her bank today.
Take care everyone and stay safe and for goodness sake people ‘Stay Alert’!! (Only in England though, if you are anywhere else you may walk around with your eyes wide shut!!!)?

Beechnut Tue 12-May-20 06:52:00

Scentia ?
Good Morning everyone from a dry and bright Severnside.

Almost as soon as the news came out my DD and I planned a meet up. Our stay alert starts on her birthday but we will meet on the weekend as she has to work. I expect the roads will be very busy.

I hope you had a successful day yesterday Marydoll with your SiL’s shenanigans.

A day of pottering for me and I hope you all stay safe ?

grandMattie Tue 12-May-20 06:55:12

Good morning from a calm a bright E Kent.
After a dreadful night on Sunday, I had probably the best night in years last night, only just waking up now! I shall go for a walk and do some sewing - again today.
All the best for today gilly.
Stay safe, stay alert. We need more lerts. (What a ridiculous slogan! Should have been “stay apart”)!

NfkDumpling Tue 12-May-20 07:05:34

Morning All

The sun is shining in the north of Norfolk and the wind has dropped. I just put my baby tomato plants outside for the day and it’s still chilly. They’ll stay in their pots for a few days yet.

Today I shall be mostly bread making.

Good luck with the bank today Gilly. I fear they’re putting everyone off in the hopes they can say that things are getting back to normal now, so you don’t need help do you!! They’re worse than the councils.

Keep lerting on Everyone.

Ginny42 Tue 12-May-20 07:06:26

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a bright morning in Cheshire with lots of blue sky, but high white clouds are moving in fast from the north west. Great start to my day when the cord in the kitchen blind snapped. I know, a small irritation compared to what others are coping with.

Please take care with your parcel Mick. I would disinfect and leave for a few days in isolation, but that's me.

I'll walk at 9.00 and plan to do some baking today which should keep me busy. The time drags so on my own. My DD will call at some stage as she's sent me a training video to check, so I've listened to that already.

I've made a start on a second painting as I can't concentrate on one I've had on the go for a long time now. Enjoying reading Michelle Obama/s book and see it's now on Netflix.

Hope all those with difficulties and the long suffering Gillybobs will find some solutions soon. Take good care of yourselves. flowers for all.

Ginny42 Tue 12-May-20 07:10:14

By call I mean DD will phone from 2,000 miles away!

cornergran Tue 12-May-20 07:18:08

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, chilly corner of Somerset. Thr demon decorator did well yesterday. We need to empty and move tall units today so he can finish tomorrow so ‘stuff’ everywhere and a sorting job for me. Must complete my on line food shop, check if neighbours would like to add anything. Heard the friend with covid is due to leave hospital today, good to know. Special thoughts for gilly, Marydoll and all finding this a tough week. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

brook2704 Tue 12-May-20 07:19:40

Good morning everyone from a bright dry Inverness - cool but at least it’s not raining !

Nothing different planned for me today, although I’ve got to pop out to get a bit of shopping later ?

I’m still enjoying my local walks and trying to find new areas to explore - but I’m really looking forward to when Scotland allows us drive a little distance to walk as a change of scenery would be lovely !

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and thinking especially of those with extra worries and struggles

Take care everyone ?

harrigran Tue 12-May-20 07:28:41

Good morning from an overcast NE with some glimpses of sunshine.
My Cote at home meal was delivered promptly yesterday, well packed and looks delicious. My sister included a bottle of Champagne as it is my birthday lunch.
Happy Birthday to Marmight too.
DH has brought my cup of tea and my cards to open.
Have a good day everyone.

brook2704 Tue 12-May-20 07:31:37

Happy Birthday harrigran hope you have a lovely day ! ?❤️??

Puzzler61 Tue 12-May-20 07:34:10

Good morning Mick and All from sunny Worcs. It’s been a very cold night as the heating kicked in earlier. Got a couple of errands to do today, prescriptions to collect and a parcel to take to PO which is heading for DD2.
Also locksmith is arriving this afternoon to look at our new door (February). It’s not locked right since new and we’ve finally got him to come back. He’ll be on the outside doorstep and we’ll be inside.
Hoping the week gets easier for people with worries ?

Puzzler61 Tue 12-May-20 07:35:04

Happy Birthday to you Harrigran ? ? ?

Gelisajams Tue 12-May-20 07:35:45

Good morning from cool, breezy, cloudy Morecambe Bay, though there’s a touch of blue sky to the west.
Mr G has gone for a run leaving me in bed with a large cup of tea and my iPad.
After a crazily busy day yesterday there’s nothing else to do today except sloth! Maybe a Pilates video at some point.
One of my sons lives alone 60 miles away. He works in a warehouse, not in the best of conditions, he has still been in during lockdown. They have stayed open for internet orders. He does long days and 4 day shifts which he hates. He maintains his sanity in normal times by travelling about on the train on his days off which gives him something to look forward too. He’s autistic and can’t drive. It’s his 40th birthday next week and it looks like I may be able to drive over and meet up with him for a walk. He was so pleased last night when I suggested it! He said he will show me his walk to work!
I’m wondering too about the feasibility of seeing the rest of the family and the grandchildren. We usually have the 3 year old stay once a month and like many we are missing her (and the older ones!) We do have to be careful “and alert!” though as I suffer from asthma.
Hoping Gilly has got some sense from someone helpful.
Take care and stay safe everyone. ?

Gelisajams Tue 12-May-20 07:38:02

Happy Birthday Harrigran crossed posts! ?

Beechnut Tue 12-May-20 07:44:30

Happy Birthday Harrigran have a lovely day ??

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 12-May-20 07:45:30

Good morning from East London, blue sky, sunny and cold; I’ve given in and put the central heating on for a while. Walk yesterday included another large area of green we hadn’t been on before; DP had to go for a blood test so we just kept on going to link up with part of a walk we’d done previously. I’m not convinced my tomato plants are sufficiently hardened off so they go back into the side walkthrough over night; puts a few extra steps on the Fitbit. Today, the desk drawers will be tackled and then I’ll need a walk. Have a good day.

Marydoll Tue 12-May-20 07:46:09

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny, but chilly Glasgow.

Thank you all for you kind words and PMs yesterday. I'm sorry for spoiling this lovely thread with my troubles.
Unfortunately, things are not quite resolved yet , due to technical issues at Virgin.
My sister in law decided she was coming to visit yesterday, we had to say a firm, "No!". She is still oblivious to the enormity of what she has done.
I haven't contacted her son yet, I want to wait until everything is sorted, before I pass everything over to him. Also I was too angry and afraid of what I would say.
I spent most of the day in bed, as my angina was so bad, I was afraid I would end up back in hospital.☹️, Which is the last place I want to be!

Hopefully today, I will get my leeks transplanted. The only difficulty is that, I have a problem finding a place to put down.
Before lockdown, we were planning to build some raised beds, but that's not possible at the moment. Previously I used growbags, but didn't get great results.

If I feel ok when I get up, I will post a maths puzzle. I want to say "thanks" to my special pupils for keeping things going in my absence on the inset day. ?

Thinking of our dear Gilly and Dragonfly, Auntieflo, and Annsixty, who have been missing from the thread.
Take care everyone.

Marydoll Tue 12-May-20 07:48:45

Happy birthday to * harrigran* and * marmight* .???
Have a lovely day.

Gingster Tue 12-May-20 07:50:29

A better morning here on the Suffolk coast. What a gale we had yesterday! We were blown along the beach and then fought against it coming back. Phew! ???. The wind has dropped now but still chilly. Bright and sunny though.

Had some lovely phone calls from friends and family. DH says I’m always on the phone. No one phones him and he calls no one! ?. It’s so nice to catch up. Everyone said the same about Boris’s speech. Not clear enough.

We might drive to our local forest today as we have t been there for 8 weeks. I want to see rodedendrums (spelling?) or have we missed them?

Managed to get a grooming appointment for little pooch for next week. She looks so shaggy and unkempt. Just like us really ??. At least one of us will look beautiful .

Have a good day one and all. ?

NannyJan53 Tue 12-May-20 07:57:58

Good Morning from a much sunnier Black Country.

I am puzzled why a hair trimmer has to come from China Mick surely we have the capabilities to make them here? This is one of the problems with the UK, we rely on other countries to manufacture.

Looks like from Wednesday we can drive to the Clent Hills for exercise! It is only a short drive from here. Also hope I can drive over to Mums and have a short walk with her (albeit socially distanced), as her garden backs on to the Staffordshire railway walk. Or is that not allowed seeing as she is 90? Confused.com smile

We are almost at the stage of ordering our shed now that DP has done a sterling job of clearing the space in the bottom third of the garden. There are so many steps down to there you can just about see the top of the greenhouse from the house.

Special thoughts for Marydoll and Gilly

Wishing you all the best day possible.

Sark Tue 12-May-20 08:05:23

Good Morning from a sunny but chilly Oxfordshire.
In full nagging mode this morning!
My DH has been getting blue hands and toes (not every day but quite frequently) and just won't ring the doctor.
Happy birthday Harrigran and Marmightcupcakeflowers
Best wishes to all

Bellasnana Tue 12-May-20 08:06:39

Good morning from Malta where the sun is shining and the sky is blue. In fact, when I opened the shutters earlier, I broke into a chorus of ‘Oh what a beautiful morning’! I can’t sing and it alarmed the dog, but I enjoyed it!grin

Many happy returns to Harrigran and Marmight. Hope you both have something to brighten your special day even in these circumstances.???

No plans today, I just take the day as it comes.

Wishing you all as good a day as possible and for those of you with trials and tribulations, I hope things will start to improve.
sunshine

Pittcity Tue 12-May-20 08:13:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The heating is back on here too.
Another day of same 'ol...

Happy birthday harrigran and marmight?

Newquay Tue 12-May-20 08:25:38

Good morning all from sunny Staffs-happy birthday to the birthday girls and do hope those with troubles can sort out whatever they can.
There was a new poster the other day “newly widowed “.
I’ve not seen her since-hope she’s ok, such a poignant post-“no husband, no holidays”.
Everyone is supportive on here and, as a lurker, I do appreciate hearing from everyone all over the place.