Gransnet forums

Chat

The Old Argy Bargy Bar.....a new lease of life!

(1000 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:48:08

Ah, it brings a tear to the eye, look at the old place.It’s just as it was on the day we moved out, it’s a bit dusty....cough cough though.

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:52:49

I will get out the Flash and start giving it a good old mop, then we can stock the bar from all the boxes from The Alphabet.....marydoll said she would bring the till, but she seems to have vanished on the way here.?

AGAA4 Wed 13-May-20 17:01:57

Can I help? I've got some lemon Pledge.

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 17:10:40

Oh this is what I need right now!

I'm back folks and so is Big Jim. We have been sheilding, but have sneaked out.
Now, where is my leopard skin catsuit?

CherryCezzy Wed 13-May-20 17:22:09

Sorry, cough cough, I ducked out from the packing up, cough cough. I was busy with dodgy Dan. There's a van out the back, got some lovely rum and shed loads of gin that fell off a wagon.

soop Wed 13-May-20 17:32:34

Wow! I am dead chuffed to be back in this dive cheery place. Funny how one can miss the mess. I shall bake something special. Can't think what. Not a lot in the cupboard right now. You know me, something will be cobbled up for the sharing of.
Make mine a cockle-of-the-heart-warming tumbler of rum. I shall take a perch and wait for the rest of the gang to trip across the threshold.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-May-20 17:48:29

I’m here to help with he scrubbing ?

Carillion01 Wed 13-May-20 17:49:56

Who!Hoo! back in the hub of the universe at last.
Any of soops dainties ready yet? ??????
I'll get the black out curtains ironed, never know when we might need them.

Beechnut Wed 13-May-20 17:55:18

Ive already started on your gin Cherry I thought it would help the coughing with all the dust in the air ?

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 18:54:24

Yes, we need a little something to settle the dust ?I’m having
A large one ( ahem!) and then will descend to the cellar to look out the old poteen vat.....time to get cooking.

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 18:56:06

marydoll glad to have you and Big Jim back on board, hope he will get busy tapping his pipes and giving them a thorough clear out.We don’t want cloudy ale.
Where’s the till by the way??

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 18:59:02

AGA yes, thanks, give the tables a bit of a shine would you?
Beech.....are you a taste controller? After the gin you could check out the other stuff for us.????

Chewbacca Wed 13-May-20 19:03:48

Is there no social distancing in here or are we just going to wait for the police to raid us for not having a license? We do have a licence this time don't we?

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 19:06:14

Well......we did have a licence once ( for Jason the Alsation) but it got lost in the many moves.

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 19:07:12

The police are our best customers Chewy ( as you well know) wink second only to the Navy.

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 19:27:48

Oh this is wonderful. Back in the old place. Just the atmosphere. I must take a deep breath and take it all in breathe in and ....? cor wot a pong. Wonderful. Smells just like it used to
chewy I can’t tell you how pleased I am to see you. We have missed you so much. Have you been manning the pumps at the sewage works on your own?
soop get in the kitchen and start. burning stuff cooking.

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 19:30:12

Well done lemon for getting the old place back. Licence or no licence it’s home. I’m so excited I will even polish the tables. Well I’ll give them a quick swish with a damp cloth. ?.

Sunny82z Wed 13-May-20 19:52:40

As a new customer may I say tiddles to the cleaning, get some of those bottles behind the bar open and straws at the ready ladiesgrin

Chewbacca Wed 13-May-20 19:57:19

Ah bless your cotton socks Doodle. Yes, I've been shovelling s**t on my own for quite some time now. But you'll be pleased to know that I've made improvement to my personal hygiene routine and I now have a strip wash EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Whether I need it or not.

CherryCezzy Wed 13-May-20 20:26:15

lemon, I've got a black & white TV license if that's any use? That gin Dan got hold of is pretty good stuff, nice ? on the bottle too ?. Right Doodle, I'll give you a hand, I've got a rag handy.

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 21:37:48

sunny82 welcome to the Argy. We don’t drink bottles I’m afraid we have pints. Sherry, rum, vodka, creme de menthe and on special occasions when * lemon* finds the vat she will brew up some poteen. Don’t think we’ve got any ladies in here either, looks round, nope just the usual gang.? Now where’s the barman and what’s more who is it,

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 21:38:53

cherry that’s not a rag that’s my best mini skirt. I just took it off so I didn’t get it dirty while cleaning. ?

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 22:11:46

A warm welcome to both regulars and new customers...the only rule of the bar is that there are no rules!
Come in, take the weight off and order at the bar, our well oiled and muscled bar staff ( Doodle and Chewbacca usually) ? will bang down a dusty pint glass of the poison of your choice.I recommend the creme de menthe with a chaser of Scotch.?

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 23:26:39

Could someone call a doctor, preferably Richard Chamberlain or George Clooney.
Big Jim and I were in the cellar ( busy) well it's thirsty work and we found a bottle of water. However it's not water, it's the poteen we were saving for the grand re-opening. I think it's been spiked.
My insides have exploded! ??
There is a bit of a mess down here. The smell is awful. It's not a pretty sight and Big Jim has-been traumatised. ?

Chewy, who is on cleaning duty tonight? wink

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 23:36:05

chewys the expert in sewage as you know marydoll but we’re both busy behind the bar propping up the punters.
cherry are you any good with a shovel and bucket? ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion