Gransnet forums

Chat

Who loves rainy days?

(37 Posts)
Franbern Fri 19-Jun-20 08:59:18

Living in my flat and by myself, makes no difference on 'washday' as to weather outside. Lovely heat pump tumble dryer, all dried, folded and put away within a few hours of putting the weekly wash (no colour sepeations), into washing machine,

No water butts either now. Can appreciate how dry the ground was and the need for some of the rain that did not come down during May to arrive -but enough is enough. Had it all day yesterday - was pretty disgusted to get up this morning to see it still pouring down. Just stopping now, and promise of good hot sunny weather next week. At least this should have avoided any hose pipe bans now

gillybob Fri 19-Jun-20 08:55:26

Well here in the North East we have had 2 solid weeks of rain, fog and cold which is no fun in June . My poor garden is looking bedraggled .

Calendargirl Fri 19-Jun-20 08:43:50

kc2000

Well, I still have ‘wash ‘ days. Monday’s sheets, pillowcases, whites. Fridays a dark wash.

Not like in my childhood days, dolly tub, copper, mangle, wooden clothes horse steaming round the fire if a wet day, having to help mum fold heavy flannelette sheets......

Probably why I still like a ‘good’ wash day.

?

?

lemongrove Fri 19-Jun-20 08:35:49

I like them ? especially at the moment.

kircubbin2000 Fri 19-Jun-20 08:30:46

Calendargirl

I like a rainy day as long as it’s not wash day. Also pleased to see the empty water butts fill up.

Like many things, everything in moderation though. Not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, .......

Wash day?

Maggiemaybe Fri 19-Jun-20 08:27:50

there aren’t, of course! Ruddy predictive text!

Witzend Fri 19-Jun-20 08:27:47

We really needed the rain here, so I was happy. Resident blackbirds also very happy that worms are available again.

And must confess to enjoying being able to stay indoors and get on with craft-y things, without feeling guilty that I ought to be outside, doing something Healthy.

Maggiemaybe Fri 19-Jun-20 07:45:02

I do, as long as they’re aren’t too many of them! I like the way everything smells fresher, and there are fewer people around, which means at the moment that I don’t have to keep running back and forth across the road to avoid them. smile

I love a good yomp round in the drizzle with my hood up early on, then a cosy day in catching up on reading, knitting and TV.

Galaxy Fri 19-Jun-20 07:40:48

I like a rainy day but not 6 rainy days in a row.

BlueSky Fri 19-Jun-20 07:39:00

Not really it makes me feel low. I love those sunny days with a blue blue sky!

Calendargirl Fri 19-Jun-20 07:33:00

I like a rainy day as long as it’s not wash day. Also pleased to see the empty water butts fill up.

Like many things, everything in moderation though. Not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, .......

Ohmother Fri 19-Jun-20 07:30:36

I’ve been up watching the rain watering the garden and feel grateful for a day like today. I will go back to bed in a mo and get up when I feel like it. I might watch an old black n white film later with a blanket over me on the sofa. Ahhhh bliss!