Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Tue 29-Sep-20 06:15:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning .
Had the very quick flu jab yesterday , where I live.
Also yesterday, I watched Bargain Hunt which is one of two progs on consecutive Mondays from the Antiques Cellar in the town , it with host Eric Knowles must have been filmed in the past 6 weeks , social distancing , and in this case the auction was done as a internet link .
Today , my usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester , after some housework before I go and get the bus .
take care ,
Mick

Borrheid55 Fri 02-Oct-20 20:13:01

Marydoll only just saw this! ??? I think we were all mouses at school in those days!

Grandmabatty Tue 29-Sep-20 15:06:48

Welcome Borrheidand I'm sorry for your troubles Georgesgran ?

Janiepops Tue 29-Sep-20 15:04:10

Georgesgran, so worrying for you right now, sending positive thoughts to you both.?????

EllanVannin Tue 29-Sep-20 15:01:24

Georgesgran, in my thoughts x flowers

Marydoll Tue 29-Sep-20 14:36:03

Georgesgran, I'm so sorry to read your worrying news. ?

Marydoll Tue 29-Sep-20 14:33:51

Borrheid, I take it you mean me!
For all the Goodmorningers, Borrheid and I were pals at school and have met on here after 43 years on the School Motto thread!.
It's been the loveliest of surprises
!However, I think she is in for a shock! I'm no longer the shy and retiring wee mouse, she knew at school! ?

NannyJan53 Tue 29-Sep-20 14:27:36

Georgesgran flowers

Borrheid55 Tue 29-Sep-20 13:55:14

Happy anniversary! Glad I remembered in my email. Sounds as though you have quite a following on this page I will try and keep up! Who’d have thought we would meet again online?

NfkDumpling Tue 29-Sep-20 13:02:58

flowers Georgesgran

NfkDumpling Tue 29-Sep-20 12:59:41

Afternoon All

'Orrible and drizzly here still in the north of Norfolk.

I just dropped by to see if Gillybob had called in. Did she say she was taking a break?1

Ashcombe Tue 29-Sep-20 12:33:14

Georgesgran

Your post puts minor worries in perspective. Sending warm thoughts your way. flowers

Georgesgran Tue 29-Sep-20 12:26:40

Good afternoon from a fabulous Durham, beneath an ice blue sky and wall to wall sunshine.

Things here are difficult with DH today. Dropped him at hospital for his chemo, but he’s since phoned to say he’s not sure if it’s going ahead and they’ve discovered a problem with his heart. Things go from bad to worse - so hard to accept that this is a chap who walked 10 dogs 10 miles every day and now can barely make it across the room.

These things are sent to try us, I suppose. X

Feelingmyage55 Tue 29-Sep-20 11:57:43

Good morning - just. Have been on the phone trying to get my flu jab to no avail. taichinan Many happy returns. Off to speak to the roofer. Phew.

Kalu Tue 29-Sep-20 11:52:33

Oops, too busy blethering Taichinan. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day. ???

mrswoo Tue 29-Sep-20 11:50:35

A very late good morning from Newcastle. It's a lovely sunny late September day here which is good as I think we need something to cheer us up in the NE. The latest lockdown restrictions here seem very confusing and no one seems sure what they actually mean. I went to a Slimming World meeting this morning not sure if it would be cancelled - but it, and other meetings, can go ahead even though they involve more than one household. I suppose that as long as all safety criteria and social distancing are adhered to it's ok to continue.
Off to Asda for my flu jab this afternoon. I'm a bit of a coward about getting an injection but never worry about having blood taken. How odd an I.
Happy Birthday wishes Taichnan I hope you have a lovely day. flowers

Gillybob if you are reading this, know that we are thinking of you and miss you.

Kalu Tue 29-Sep-20 11:49:45

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Glasgow, my head that is, not the weather ?. Due to lack of sleep the previous night, I took a double dose of painkillers to ensure a much needed 9 hours. The sun is shining and I am ready for action.

GD1, 15, made her weekly FaceTime call to DH last night. I had a quick chat with her too but when the maths homework came outI left them to it, right up DH’s street. GD2 11, then facetimed me, oh Granny, she just won’t let me get a word in and I’m fed up with it. ?. Of course I have heard all this with our own 2DDs but this time round I am ready with all the solutions. ?

Our gardener has just finished doing the heavy work we can no longer do so I will have a gentle potter about outside to make the most of a sunny day. Washing already out so it must be coffee time.

Have a pleasant day all including our missing friends.

Beechnut Tue 29-Sep-20 11:41:09

Your sunrise photo is beautiful Ginster.

Beechnut Tue 29-Sep-20 11:36:46

Happy Birthday Taichinan. Have a lovely day ???

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 29-Sep-20 10:59:12

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate. Hoping to get some baking done this a.m. (what's left of it.). Had a visit from DD2 and DGS. It never fails to amaze me what this little boy can do. He has Down syndrome, he is small for his age (nearly 7) and has difficulty talking. But he throws a ball accurately and kicks it with gusto. He is obsessed with counting (backwards and forwards) and writing 10! Not once did he ask for the TV on. He had his tea, which he ate happily. He's just a lovely little boy.

Hope all are well

Ashcombe Tue 29-Sep-20 10:31:13

Hello to you all from France!

After a lovely, sunny day yesterday, which enabled us to eat lunch outside, it’s back to being overcast.

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe and well.

Mapleleaf Tue 29-Sep-20 10:25:25

Good morning.

It's a beautiful, sunny morning today - probably the last for a few days according to the weather forecasters.

Happy birthday Taichinan. I hope you are enjoying your day. ????

Will potter in the garden today, but otherwise no plans as such other than the supermarket later. I know how to party ??.

Take care.

EBear Tue 29-Sep-20 10:19:04

Good from a drizzly Norfolk but it looks like it is brightening up.

Slow start to the day, lots of housework then collecting GS for a couple of hours of fun.

Trying to avoid the news today as Grandmafrench says it is so very confusing. Going to visit DD soon hopefully but not getting my hopes up too much yet.

I'm not a frequent poster but an avid follower, hope gillybob knows how much she is missed and that we are thinking of her.

Hope everyone has a good day smile

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Sep-20 10:11:11

Happy Birthday Taichinan flowers

Blossoming Tue 29-Sep-20 10:08:10

Good morning from beautiful sunny Lancashire. There’s a definite chill in the air today.

Grandmabatty Tue 29-Sep-20 09:56:41

Popping back to say happy birthday to Taichinan