Gransnet forums

Chat

Son’s school should be closed but not.

(103 Posts)
Lucca Tue 20-Oct-20 08:46:40

I made the mistake of reading an article this morning about prominent people refusing masks and vaccine. It made me feel completely helpless with fury.
If a vaccine were available I’d cheerfully pay for it.

GagaJo Tue 20-Oct-20 08:41:07

I agree Bluebell. We've had it in my school and aren't closed. Personally, I think we should be in lockdown again.

Bluebellwould Tue 20-Oct-20 08:39:08

My son works in a primary school where his children go. Four teachers and the caretaker (who wonders round the school like a lost cat apparently) have got corona. It started with one case of corona and that class being sent home but the rest of the school continued. Now we have four classes sent home but the rest continue. Surely the sensible thing would have been to send the whole school home for two weeks isolation when the first case occurred. It’s all just so demoralising when things aren’t being done to halt infection rates. To make matters worse the weather’s gloomy and wet! I feel like having a temper tantrum and stamping my feet and shouting and rolling on the floor thumping my fists and going red in the face. Well perhaps not. ?