Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Sat 21-Nov-20 06:12:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its also been wet overnight and a cold wind.
Today, a quiet day for me a sausage sarnie breakfast shortly and watch TV , my usual plans today are maybe a Chinese later in early evening /late afternoon.
I obtained the DVD of the Untouchables in the post a couple of days ago and plan to watch it later .
Take Care ,
Mick

CherryCezzy Sat 21-Nov-20 09:55:12

Good morning everyone, a drizzly sort of day in the Gower.

Thank you for your well wishes Nortsat and Susan it means a lot. I must admit that this Autumn/Winter the fact that I have so many dratted seizures is getting me down and the thought that I'm having to be given rescue medication to essentially prevent brain damage or worse, death, is scary so I thank you from the bottom of my heart ??

I didn't get the opportunity to wish your DGD a happy birthday yesterday Susan, or indeed your DGD Marydoll. I'm pleased that both of you had the opportunity to see your DGDs on the day and that each of them enjoyed their special day ?

Beechnut I did a similar thing to you yesterday, sorted out my shoe cupboards ?. It was a job well done in the end though.

You are sounding a little low Sar so sending you some ? and ?

Great pension news grandMattie, if you don't know what to do with it you could always send it in my direction (Joke) ?. Whatever you do do with it treat yourself ?

Good to see you back with us Brunette ?

Not sure what's on the agenda today but I haven't indulged myself with my non artistic artwork since I made even more of a pig's ear than normal of the last one so maybe....

Please take care and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Auntieflo Sat 21-Nov-20 09:53:23

Good morning*Mick*, Annie, and all, from a dull, cold, but dry bit of Berks.
I had another hospital trip yesterday. Sounds very much like BlueSapphire's symptoms. I couldn't get myself out of bed in the morning with so much pain, and also managed to get a real appointment to see the Dr. I didn't want to go to hospital, but she advised it, so I did as I was told, for once. Heart problems have been ruled out, but I still have an awful lot of pain in my back, shoulder and armpit, and it gets you down.
Also heard that one of our dear friends is in hospital, and not expected to be home until next week sometime. As she is 88 , and has been frail for a long time, it is very worrying.
Lovely that you managed to see your GD Marydoll. Here's hoping that the rift with your son will heal given time. My brother cut himself off from us for over 25 years, but now we are talking again, and have met this year.
Grandmattie, wonderful news re: your pension, go have a spending spree, when allowed to visit the shops again.
Thank you for posting the picture of the little field mouse Oldbutstilluseful. I had caught a glimpse of news, but didn't know what it was all about.
Glad you are back Brunette10
So much news to read and take in, that I will have to go back and see what I may have missed.
So to all who may be having troubles or illness, I send my best wishes.
Have a good day one and all.

dragonfly46 Sat 21-Nov-20 09:51:39

Good morning from grey Leicestershire. I think the sun is up there somewhere.

Had a fun Zoom last night for my DD's birthday. It is so rare that the family get together. Frustrating at the beginning as we could not connect but got there in the end and much champagne was drunk.
Cheese fondue tonight with no wine so easy peasy.

Great news Grandmattie.
Worrying to hear how the Covid patients are still so poorly. I hope people take note of how deadly this virus is. Looking forward to the vaccine.

GrannySomerset Sat 21-Nov-20 09:48:36

Another grey day but dry for now. Hope to have reached the conclusion of the Great Washing Machine Saga after yesterday’s visit from the plumber. The pipe work in the utility room was leaking slightly but the main culprit was a tiny hole in the hose which takes the waste water away which we detected by one of us blowing down the hose and the other spotting the escaping air. It was possible to cut the relevant portion of hose off and still have enough so problem apparently solved. This morning’s wash is on so I shall soon know - I was too emotionally exhausted yesterday to try!

Nothing much planned today though DH will enjoy the rugby this afternoon. So sorry that many have family worries and/or are not well. November is always hard, I think.

Gelisajams Sat 21-Nov-20 09:45:17

Good morning from a breezy but dry Morecambe Bay.
Despite our soaking on Wednesday and following our lovely dry walk with DS2 on Wednesday, DH suggested we walked the 4 miles to pick up my prescription instead of driving. It would be our last chance to go down the Canal until March as the towpath is to be closed for repairs. It was only light rain forecast........
I’m really not sure why we get so much rain here.
No wonder you are having angina attacks Marydoll. It’s very stressful when the family dynamics break down and there is nothing you can do to change things. Try to relax as much as you can.
Great news for you GrandMattie almost as good as as a lottery win. Enjoy thinking about how to spend it. I should get my pension in March so it’s good to hear the letters are are on the way lins1066
My son is still feeling the effects of his Covid too Kitty. He tried a run earlier in the week ahead of going back to work and ended up in bed for 2 days exhausted. He says he’s had far worse chest infections but the fatigue is something else. And he’s very fit and does a physical job.
For everyone else with struggles ?
Take care everyone and stay safe?

GrannyOwl5 Sat 21-Nov-20 09:41:31

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is bright and breezy. Hope to get a load of towels out onto the line later.

Will spend the morning dodging the billowing towels and doing the final pruning and tidying up in the garden. Always find it quite satisfying to put a garden to bed for the winter. Then this afternoon will tackle the latest jigsaw; it is an irritating one where the pieces have different shapes rather than slotting together, so I spend a fair amount of time muttering to myself over it; still, as DH says, it’s keeping me off the streets!

Enjoy your last few days in Spain Urmstongran and hope you feel brighter soon Marydoll; family relationships can be something of a minefield. Sorry to hear about your back pain BlueSapphire, hopefully it will be start to subside as the medication kicks in. Welcome back Brunette.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. Stay safe.

Justwidowed Sat 21-Nov-20 09:35:42

Good morning everyone. I don't post often but matties pension increase reminded me .I too got a letter regarding my underpaid pensiondue to GMP equality or something. My increase was £2.96 a year !! and the arrears amounted to £34,
however the interest was £3.36 It just shows that interest rates were close to 10%.
I only worked 15 hours a week and five years were in the 90's.
Not quite sure how to spend the money !!!
Hope everyone has a good day and manages to find something to smile about .A sense of humour is vital these days.

Susan56 Sat 21-Nov-20 09:28:11

Good to see you back Brunette??sorry that you were so hurt and upset?

Nannytopsy Sat 21-Nov-20 09:27:36

Crossed posts. Welcome back Brunette and sorry you had problems BlueSapphire - I hope you continue to improve.
What is it about worries in the night GG? They always grow out of proportion.

Nannytopsy Sat 21-Nov-20 09:20:49

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s grey, windy but dry at the moment. We did a lot of the garden screening yesterday but got driven in by the rain - not ideal when electric drills in use! We should finish the back and maybe the front today, then I will have to spend more money on climbers! The afternoon will be rugby of course! I too am knitting a blanket for DGD Maw, so that will come out during the rugby.
Good news grandMattie - I would have a list of possible holidays by now!
Enjoy your flowers Kitty and make the most of the last few days Urmston.
I wish we could have a few days of sunshine - it would cheer people up no end.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 21-Nov-20 09:13:23

Hello Brunette10 sorry you were upset good to see you back ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 21-Nov-20 09:09:33

Good morning Mick and all

Another one who had a bad night, my mind seems to go over past troubles then move onto to invent new ones. I was so fed up with laying awake that I was just deciding to
get up at 5.30am next time I looked at the clock it was 8.30am I desperately needed those extra hours.

Enjoy Spain Urmstongran have a vino tinto and a few tapas for me please ???

Marydoll pleased you were able to see your DGD, sorry to hear you are piggy in the middle

Grandmattie what a lovely surprise regarding your pension, (s lady can never have enough shoes, bags or perfume) please
spoil yourself.

Not a lot planned for today other than visiting the butchers and maybe finish writing Christmas Cards.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Brunette10 Sat 21-Nov-20 09:09:15

Good Morning from a windy and damp Fife. I've not posted for a while as one poster truly upset/hurt me so took a rest away, silly I know but there you go. Can't tell you everything that has gone on for the months I've been away but the most important thing is that our family is safe from COVID that we know of and keep to all the rules NS has introduced. Our DD and family just moved into a beautiful new home yesterday in our home town so it's a great feeling that they are now just minutes away from us. Both DGS's were with us yesterday and we are taking them today to let DD and DSIL to get on. Our renovations which started when I took a rest are now complete and very happy with the outcome apart from a very well known store which have let us down re sofa delivery, it's been a nightmare, however we've been told they are due this Thursday but after being given 6 delivery dates before we shall wait and see. grandMattie - very good news, how wonderful for you, enjoy treating yourself. Sorry can't mention everyone but hope everyone is keeping safe, enjoy your day whatever you do. Take care.

BlueSapphire Sat 21-Nov-20 09:05:12

Hello and good morning everyone from DD's near Wellingborough. A nice lie in then getting up to make a cup of tea.

An eventful day yesterday. I hadn't slept at all on Thursday night as I was in so much pain in my upper back that I had to ring the surgery. Wonder of wonders the doctor offered me a face to face appointment within the hour. Being in so much pain that I couldn't walk there (a good 40 minutes each way), at DS's suggestion I phoned his partner, who very kindly gave me a lift. As she is outside my bubble, we sat socially distanced in the car and both wore masks. The doctor gave me a thorough examination and concluded that I had a trapped nerve somewhere, with the pain radiating across my upper back, shoulder and down my left arm. I also had blood pressure taken, which was sky higb, and also an ECG, which happily turned out to be normal. Then a bit of a shock when the doctor listened to my heart, and detected a heart murmer, so have been referred to hospital for a heart scan.

DS's partner then very kindly took me to the chemist to pick up the painkillers the doctor had prescribed. After that back home, some tidying up and lunch, and then wait for DSon-in-law to pick me up in the afternoon. A pleasant evening watching rugby (well not quite so pleasant as our team lost!) and eating pizza. It's so nice to have company and feel normal.

I had quite a good night's sleep thanks to the painkillers; although I still have some pain, it's not as bad as yesterday. I have already dosed myself up this morning. Not much planned for today, reading and watch tv I expect, which I am not complaining about. More rugby to watch today I think. Looking forward to seeing what the cake is like that I made on Thursday.

Hope the day is kind to us all. Take care Marydoll.

Anniebach Sat 21-Nov-20 08:52:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Sat 21-Nov-20 08:50:45

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a slightly warmer South Yorkshire. It was perishing yesterday and then it rained in the afternoon. We went over to DDs about four o’clock to take SiL’s birthday cake I had made for him and a card. We went into the house, which we haven’t done all through lockdown, for half an hour to wish him a happy birthday and stood in their kitchen wearing masks. It felt bizarre. He was tickled pink to have a cake. We are supposed to be going for a short walk today, and then I will make a curry for tomorrow and do some more work on my rug, which is not coming along apace! We watched “Current Wars” last night and I was pleased to see that much of it was filmed at Cragside, my favourite NT property. Have a good safe day, folks.

Jaxjacky Sat 21-Nov-20 08:50:35

Good morning all from a grey, but milder, S Hants. grandMattie now that’s Karma, you giving blood so regularly then your pension news!
Ordered our Christmas tree yesterday to be delivered on the 3rd, every year we have the ‘discussion’ real v fake, in 21 years, we’ve always had real, my tradition. A veritable feast of sport today, definitely rugby as DH is Irish, then football. I might nip up the allotment, but it’s still very wet.
Have a peaceful day all.

Susan56 Sat 21-Nov-20 08:49:18

Good morning from Shropshire.

We had a lovely couple of hours with our DGD yesterday on her fifth birthday.The first thing she said to me was grandma I’m five and next I’ll be six!

A quiet day today although I may pop into town later.DH has been doing the top up shops but I think I need to go today as the thought of shopping is beginning to make me quite anxious so need to get a grip and get out there?

Mary?

Hope you had a better night Cherry.x

Thoughts to gilly and all our missing good morningers?

cornergran Sat 21-Nov-20 08:47:13

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, gloomy, damp corner of Somerset. Could the person who kidnapped the sun please let it go? No idea what we’ll do today. I could do some admin. Time will tell. Families are hard to navigate sometimes marydoll, I’m sorry your stormy waters continue, that sort of tension hurts. Good news about your pension grandMattie, there’s a lot of worry and sadness about for your kitty, look after yourself, sounds an exciting evening maw. Hope there is some brightness in the day for everyone, take care.

Pittcity Sat 21-Nov-20 08:45:49

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. It's a bit breezy but doesn't feel as cold as yesterday.
Another quiet weekend here. Chilli for tea and Strictly on TV.

NannyJan53 Sat 21-Nov-20 08:42:55

Good Morning from a cloudy and dull Black Country.

Good news grandMattie, an increase in pension and a lump sum! I am sure you can find something to treat yourself with, even if it is next year. I have read about this, how many married women have been underpaid.

Pleased you have made contact with your DGD and DS Marydoll so sad that it happened though. Hopefully over time it will all be easier.

Enjoy your last few days in Spain Urmston, I imagine it will feel strange being back in the UK again.

No plans again today, I may make some of Delia's breakfast baps. Oh the excitement! Homemade Paella tonight, courtesy of my Partner.

Wishing you all a pleasant and safe day

ginny Sat 21-Nov-20 08:42:35

Dull and chilly inN. Bucks but Good Morning all.

Have posted a picture of some of my Christmas cushions in Art & crafts. Still have some more to do but really enjoying making them

Quite busy today. A quick food shop locally and then I have an on line Art class this afternoon.

Family quiz this evening on Zoom. Will be lovely to see them all but like everyone I miss their physical presence so much.

Have a good Saturday and hope you all find a ?.

Gingster Sat 21-Nov-20 08:37:35

Sorry to hear of your family upset Marydoll. Families are a fragile beast and the more you speak to people, you realise we all have upsets and fallings out. Although, I have 2 or 3 close friends who have the ‘perfect’ family and everyone is ‘wonderful.’ Sorry, I take it with a pinch of salt. At least you got to see your little GD. I’m sure things will gradually improve. Time heals. ♥️

Urmstongran Sat 21-Nov-20 08:35:04

I love that you buy flowers every week kitty from a local florist. Bet they are so glad of your support, especially this year.

I remember that family upset Marydoll and I’m sorry to hear the fractures haven’t healed. The underlying upset can’t be helping your angina much. x

PollyDolly Sat 21-Nov-20 08:34:17

Good morning from a blustery East Midlands. We are in the middle of refurbishment so household chores, apart from keeping the bathroom hygienic and wiping door handles and light switches, seem pointless!
To fill my time I'm sewing like a woman possessed to make things to sell on a Christmas Market - running out of ides so suggestions would be most welcome please!
Have the best day that you can - stay safe and special thoughts for those who are having a difficult time just now! Stay strong!