Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy to chat

(31 Posts)
Blossoming Wed 25-Nov-20 10:31:29

Asda has launched a new initiative that will see some delivery drivers wear a ‘happy to chat’ badge. It’s hoped these badges will encourage people to start a conversation and have a proper chinwag; which could be life-saving. Drivers are not required to wear the badges – it’s entirely up to them

Read more: metro.co.uk/2020/11/25/asda-delivery-drivers-wear-happy-to-chat-badges-to-tackle-loneliness-13650958/?ito=cbshare

lemsip Wed 25-Nov-20 10:06:37

Just a few words 'passing time of day' . I don't think they are suggesting time consuming conversations ! The drivers have schedules to keep up!

Anniebach Wed 25-Nov-20 09:57:30

Agree BlueSky

BlueSky Wed 25-Nov-20 09:00:50

Unfortunately these rules are made by people who don’t actually do the job, same as in supermarkets where the poor checkout operators have to ask whether you need help packing as well as doing all the other jobs. I would have thought the delivery drivers were busy enough especially at Christmas or are they putting on more drivers so they can chat? ??

Missfoodlove Wed 25-Nov-20 08:40:47

It’s a lovely idea.

Dottynan Wed 25-Nov-20 08:08:14

Asda are giving their delivery drivers 'Happy to chat' badges to wear this Christmas. What a brilliant change from telling delivery drivers they are on a tight schedule and to deliver in shortest time possible. I chatted to an elderly lady the other day and she thanked my for taking the time to talk to her. I felt gutted as I then realised how lonely she was and as she tottered of I wished I had talked longer