Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling guilty

(54 Posts)
OceanMama Fri 27-Nov-20 21:20:28

Try not to feel guilty. We are all going to have to go through Christmas with limitations and adjustments. I'm sure they appreciate this is for their safety. This is not something you set up but just the way the cards have fallen. Can he call or Zoom his family on Christmas at some point?

Lolo81 Fri 27-Nov-20 21:12:15

If funds allow, maybe send a wee extra token to the ones not able to attend? A hamper with some goodies and a nice card? Everyone is aware of how unfair this whole pandemic has been to families around the world, but keeping each other safe is the most loving thing you can do under the circumstances. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

Hetty58 Fri 27-Nov-20 20:58:02

Everyone involved understands the situation surely? You can't make it equal and fair - but that's life.

Maybe you could make plans for Christmas 2021 that compensate, inviting his family but not yours?

Thoro Fri 27-Nov-20 20:48:17

I am part of a childcare bubble with my nurse son and heavily pregnant with twins DiL and their two year old.
My husband (we were both widowed and remarried 20 years ago - he is 75 with health conditions) has a daughter with husband and 9 and 12 year old living about 70 miles away. They usually come over at Christmas but this year we felt it would not be a good idea so they are not coming but my son, DiL and GS will be coming as they are local and already part of our bubble. My other two adult children will also not be coming.
I still feel guilty that I can see my family but he can’t see his - even though I know it’s being sensible.