Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Christmas everyone

(110 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 25-Dec-20 06:10:46

Happy Christmas to all my gransnet friends have a lovely day and if you’re on your own pop in and say hello
Have a good as day as possible xx ❤️

V3ra Fri 25-Dec-20 23:36:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mapleleaf Fri 25-Dec-20 23:20:37

I’m very late, too, but hope everyone has had the best day possible. ??

Luckygirl Fri 25-Dec-20 23:20:19

LauraNorder - thank you. It turned out so much better than I had expected.

Hetty58 - glad you had a good day.

Curlywhirly Fri 25-Dec-20 23:13:41

A bit late I know, only just managed to have a nosy on my ipad - a Merry Christmas to all and hope you have had a good day. ????

Llamedos13 Fri 25-Dec-20 22:00:01

A Merry Christmas to you from a very snowy Ontario, Canada.

LauraNorder Fri 25-Dec-20 21:46:15

You too Hetty

LauraNorder Fri 25-Dec-20 21:45:12

Luckygirl, I’m so pleased for you. Big hug and fingers crossed for a good 2021.

Hetty58 Fri 25-Dec-20 21:35:10

Merry Christmas everyone! I had a funny little day, just me and the dog, some Zoom calls to family, but mainly ignoring the 'Christmas day!' thing as far as possible.

So, a lovely dinner, cake, nice long walk, lots of knitting and listening to music - not too bad at all. Next year (hopefully) will be double celebration time.

Thanks for being there, folks, in these strange times!

Hithere Fri 25-Dec-20 21:21:24

Happy holidays!

mamaa Fri 25-Dec-20 20:10:54

Still in time, just, to say Happy Christmas to all GNetters and hope you’ve had as good a day as possible. X

Luckygirl Fri 25-Dec-20 18:00:39

I had been feeling very pessimistic about this first Christmas on my own, but it has turned out well. I went over to my DD (where another DD and family were also spending the day) expecting to hand over presents and grab a plated dinner to bring home, but the weather was so sunny that they dragged their big table out into the garden and we all ate Christmas dinner sitting outside in our coats! It was great fun; so an unexpected treat.

But then it suddenly turned really really cold so I repaired to my own home, lit the fire and have been enjoying some lovely music and reading a book.

I hope that others have found some joy in today in these troubled times. flowers

Allegretto Fri 25-Dec-20 17:35:20

Happy Christmas to all who read this forum. It is a joy to be a part of it. Whether you are on your own or having a smaller Christmas celebration than usual, I hope you are having the best day possible.

Justwidowed Fri 25-Dec-20 17:03:31

A late but very Merry Christmas to everyone ,my 17 month great granddaughter has tired me out.I don't know whether it's her ,a new bed or an abundance of G and T's that's given me 8 hours of continuous sleep the last two nights.I suspect the latter.Happy New Year

MrsEggy Fri 25-Dec-20 16:46:12

A Very Happy Christmas to everyone, messages and photos from all our scattered family, hoping to be able to see them post vaccination. Keep safe everyone.

Jane10 Fri 25-Dec-20 16:36:32

Happy Christmas to all Grans everywhere.
Just had rather a subdued lunch with just the two of us after a chilly exchange of presents with the family in the garden.
I've been given a Fitbit. Eek ? No excuses now but I'll just have to manage this huge box of chox first!

GranEd Fri 25-Dec-20 16:27:23

Merry Christmas everyone ??

creativeness Fri 25-Dec-20 16:24:19

A Happy Christmas all on gransnet& best wishes great photos

Grandmafrench Fri 25-Dec-20 15:08:02

A very Happy Christmas to all of you who bring The Power of Grans to this lovely Forum. Blessings on us all and hope for a New Year filled with much happier times, and with love and closeness of friends and families once more. Hugs to you all.

rosecarmel Fri 25-Dec-20 14:41:24

Peace, joy and Christmas greetings to all creatures big and small .. Its a white one here, the thermometer has fallen below freezing and 14 inches of snow is already on the ground ..

Charleygirl5 Fri 25-Dec-20 14:18:32

It is cold but no rain or snow here. I am on my own as usual, doing exactly what I want to do. I will cook my meal earlier than usual this evening because I want to watch a Strictly programme on at 4. 45pm.

Tara my cat has come home extra early- not to spend time with me but use my bed to rest her eyes.

Puzzler61 Fri 25-Dec-20 14:08:19

It could be sooner than we think. Let’s hope so Thorntrees.
Happy Christmas.

Thorntrees Fri 25-Dec-20 14:06:25

More of a lurker than a poster but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Christmas.
Hopefully we can look forward to a brighter New Year and be reunited with our loved ones.

Puzzler61 Fri 25-Dec-20 13:56:13

We’ve been for an invigorating walk crossing the park, not too busy, and it’s a cold clear day so we can the peaks of the distant Malvern Hills.
Hope everyone’s day is passing pleasantly .....

avitorl Fri 25-Dec-20 13:26:06

Happy Christmas to all on GN. It's a bright sunny day here which reminds me that Spring and Summer will come again and everything will feel better in the not too distant future.
xxxxx

Namsnanny Fri 25-Dec-20 12:37:44

Merry Christmas and in the words of Tiny Tim 'Gawd bless us everyone!'
tchgrin