Gransnet forums

Chat

Night Owls: Part Two-whit, Two-woo

(604 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 19:25:32

Hello Everyone smile
New thread here.
Thank you all so very much for your company on the first thread.
I'm looking forward to our half asleep, woozy 2am chats moonbrew

Kim19 Sat 19-Jun-21 04:35:43

Now, now Rufus. I used to swoon at many things but I don't think lunches came into that category. So good to make contact with you again. Owls just seemed to do a natural fizz out and I was okay going with the flow. However, if we're back, good. Cheers!

Rufus2 Sat 19-Jun-21 04:18:08

Come and say hello (please!)
Fanny C. Good Afternoon! Cold here 14C, but Sunny~!
Now; you don't have to beg! I knew you'd get it sorted sooner or later.
Did you notice that we went "Off Air" when Kim swooned at the mention of my exotic lunches? She must have pulled out the plug when falling and nobody knew! grin
OoRoo

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Jun-21 02:01:41

Aha! That's done it! smile

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Jun-21 02:00:51

And now the bloody thread isn't showing up in 'Active' angry

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Jun-21 01:58:01

Morning / evening all! ?
I've just scrolled through about five pages of the 'Chat' forum in order to locate and unearth our poor, neglected thread!
Everyone is welcome smile
Come and say hello (please!)
Why are you awake and what are you up to at this daft time? moonbrew

Kim19 Sun 23-May-21 16:51:14

Exotic is good for me.

Rufus2 Sun 23-May-21 14:27:48

Rufus, did I?
Fanny C Now, I know that's not a rhetorical question and so deserves an answer;
Yes you did! grin

FannyCornforth Sun 23-May-21 12:01:49

Rufus, did I?
I know that we all enjoyed hearing about your lunch menus.

Rufus2 Sun 23-May-21 11:56:26

Thanks Rufus. I'll cancel my trip!
Kim19 Now don't do that just because of something I said!

Fanny told me when I joined that you are a lover of exotic lunches!?
Our TV News showed an Illinois chef preparing meals using cicadas, including fried, grilled, boiled; etc. etc!
Not for me though!
Anything with eyes staring at me reproachfully from my plate always tends to curb my appetite. But each to their own!
Not sure if Tescos would stock them; not much demand I guess! hmm
Bon Appetite!
OoRoo

Kim19 Sat 22-May-21 18:50:40

Thanks Rufus. I'll cancel my trip!!

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 13:21:55

Oh yes! I heard about that on Radio 4 yesterday. ?????

Rufus2 Sat 22-May-21 13:17:47

I must admit I'm fascinated by insects
Fanny C Pity you can't head off to Illinois just now!
If you can love millions of cicadas,! grin

"Cicadas set to emerge in once in every 17-year event "
| New Scientist.

OoRoo

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 06:23:00

'morning Kim!
Oh, I don't remember the creepy crawly conversations.
I must admit that I am fascinated by insects.

Kim19 Sat 22-May-21 05:58:15

I moved out of here because all the animal talk was disconcerting. I'm so hopeless with wildlife. Happily my GC seem well grounded in that arena and handle all sorts of creepy crawlies. Guess my city upbringing didn't give me the best kick start. Off to do some TV catch up.

MiniMoon Sat 22-May-21 03:51:51

Well, I intend trying g to sleep again now. I've been down to the kitchen for antacids as I was woken by a bout of acid reflux. Have sat up, reading for a while until they take effect.
I had to Google degus as I had no mental image of them. What delightful little creatures.

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 02:52:14

This thread, that should say

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 02:51:45

Thinking about Jeremy Bamber - there used to be a regular Night Owl who was really interested in real life crime. She often posted about what scary thing she was watching late at night. I can't remember her name at the moment.
It's definitely a lot quieter on this the than it was. But as I've said before, the whole site is very quiet these days. It's a bit of a worry...

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 02:45:49

Ooh they sound fabulous.
I'd love to have some little animals; but the dog cannot be trusted!

I have a love/hate relationship with Agatha Raisin. The books really annoy me; I think that Beaton is a terrible writer and Agatha a horrible character; but the books are so cosy and comforting, and I always find myself returning to them
I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and Penelope Keith reading AR is very relaxing easy listening.

Savvy Sat 22-May-21 02:22:33

They are wonderfully characterful, their vocal communication is second only to ours so there's lots of chattering and squeaking going on between them at the moment, and they are very intelligent! They're settling in well though.

I love rats, such beautiful little guys.

My girl is 3, my boy was 10 when he died and the youngsters are 1year 8months, so still very young.

I'm currently reading MC Beaton, I finished a Hamish McBeth last night and I'm about to start an Agatha Raisin. After that its a book about Jeremy Bamber (and I wonder why I have trouble sleeping, lol)

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 02:00:28

Ah! That's what I thought that they looked like. They have a good lifespan for little animals.
What are they like as characters Savvy?
I've kept rats in the past. They were amazing, so clever, like little dogs.

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 01:56:54

Morning Savvy!
I'm going to have to make this brief as I need to Google degus! I've heard of them before but can't picture them...
I've just had to go downstairs and feed the dog (Gracie). I could tell that she was hungry. We've got absolute no proper routine in this house.
What are you reading Savvy?

Nanna8 I thought that she looked like a lovely person when I saw her photos.

Savvy Sat 22-May-21 01:39:34

Morning all! Night owl checking in.

I'm an insomniac so don't sleep well anyway, but my natural rhythm is nocturnal.

I'll be shutting down the house soon so the pets can sleep (I recently adopted 3 degus youths to keep my lone pretty girl degu company following the loss of my handsome boy degu, so its a full house) and I'll be heading off to bed to read until about 4am.

nanna8 Sat 22-May-21 01:33:28

Thanks Fanny. I know I am biased but she is a lovely person,too. A bit far left !! Goes with the territory I think and it is good to hear a different point of view. Shakes us up a bit in our boring views.

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 01:27:30

Oh! I've just seen that your thread about Helen is directly below this one!

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 01:25:49

nanna8 (hello btw) was it you who posted earlier about your artist daughter (Helen?) Sorry, I get confused with all the different nanna names!
I googled her - she is a very talented lady indeed.