Gransnet forums

Chat

Night Owls: Part Two-whit, Two-woo

(604 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 19:25:32

Hello Everyone smile
New thread here.
Thank you all so very much for your company on the first thread.
I'm looking forward to our half asleep, woozy 2am chats moonbrew

FannyCornforth Sat 22-May-21 01:22:46

Good evening / morning to any Owls! ?
What is keeping you awake tonight?
Come and chat, all welcome moonbrewsmile

FannyCornforth Sun 16-May-21 04:36:02

Hello nanna8 how lovely! Have a super time.
Have you bought a house warming gift?

nanna8 Sun 16-May-21 04:17:04

Hello everyone. Just after lunch here and we are about to go to my granddaughter’s housewarming. Their first house, so exciting for them . She is a nurse and has been working flat out recently,frontline work in the city.

FannyCornforth Sun 16-May-21 03:36:41

Hello nadateturbe and Nana3 too.
I hope that you had a good day today Nana
I think that maybe the reason the night time / bad thought thing, is that our brains are made to deal with the bad stuff and have a bit of a clear out while we are asleep, but if we are awake when we should be asleep we are aware of the things that our brain is trying to get rid of.
(I hope that this makes sense!)
I've found that I've been a hundred times better now that I don't work.
I just could not shut off.

FannyCornforth Sun 16-May-21 03:30:51

Hello Purplepixie yes, of course you can!
I hope that you are asleep now, but pop back in if you are about

Purplepixie Sun 16-May-21 00:58:16

Hello, can I join the night owls ? please? My mind goes racing along at this time of night instead of sleep. Lots of bad stuff in my head and plenty of good. Yet my mind fixes on the bad stuff. I try to create different endings to bad scenarios, yet they have happened and in the past. It's as if aliens have taken over my head on a night.

nadateturbe Sat 15-May-21 22:45:45

Sleepless nights give us too much time for thinking and the pandemic hasn't helped. My best friend has become very depressed as I'm sure many others have. And why do we always remember regrets and unpleasant things which are probably a much smaller percentage than the things we got right, iykwim. Mindful breathing helps or concentrating on a good book but being kinder to ourselves would help more.
Rufus I wish I could blame the hygienist. I just hope she didn't notice the marks. blush

Nana3 Sat 15-May-21 11:38:33

Thank you Fanny, and for starting the night owls thread, it's a lifeline.
I'm thinking I'm not alone having regrets that come into mind on sleepless nights.

FannyCornforth Sat 15-May-21 09:52:19

Nana3

Head full of past mistakes. ?

Oh nana3 I'm so sorry that you've been feeling this way. It's always worse in the early hours, I do hope that you are feeling a bit better now.

Rufus2 Sat 15-May-21 07:47:49

dental hygienist today. When I was undressing tonight I
noticed melted chocolate marks on the front of my jeans
*nadateturbe^ Not a good look for a dental hygienist to be plying you with chocolate! grin

Kim19 Sat 15-May-21 05:48:05

Gosh, mine is quite the opposite. I've just been indulging in a bit of nostalgia with music on channel 4 as recommended by another gransnetter. Decidedly pleasant. I've four of my family descending on me today for an overnighter. My cup runneth over indeed. Can't wait. Hope the absence of many regular NOs on here means we are all sleeping better.

Nana3 Sat 15-May-21 05:10:45

Head full of past mistakes. ?

nadateturbe Wed 12-May-21 04:24:46

Good morning FannyCornforth. Thank you. I hope you and your husband are well. It was nice of him to help your neighbour. People where I live barely speak to each other.

On a totally different topic I went to the dental hygienist today. When I was undressing tonight I noticed melted chocolate marks on the front of my jeans. I'm so embarrassed. There was I, thinking I looked nice in my new skechers and top.

Kim19 I hate when that happens. I wish there was a way to save the post.

Off to read for a while.

New mattress arrives today. Hopefully sleep better tonight.

FannyCornforth Tue 11-May-21 05:34:53

Hi Kim I believe that there is a posting problem - I get it intermittently. It's a bit of a nuisance.
Hope that you have a good day sunshine

Kim19 Tue 11-May-21 05:27:59

I'm here too. Did a reasonable input about an hour ago but guess I didn't hit the post button properly. No fool like an old fool..... I'm off too do some goggle catch up.

FannyCornforth Tue 11-May-21 05:05:27

Hello! I'm here now; we're like ships in the night...

Nana3 Tue 11-May-21 03:45:18

No night owls around, hope you are all in the land of nod ?

FannyCornforth Sat 08-May-21 16:04:46

nadateturbe

I suppose that should really be on tv thread ?

Nooo! We can talk about everything here! smile

nadateturbe Sat 08-May-21 13:28:50

I suppose that should really be on tv thread ?

nadateturbe Sat 08-May-21 13:28:03

Not soothing but we've just finished Leonardo and thoroughly enjoyed it.

FannyCornforth Sat 08-May-21 13:09:07

Ah, thank you Lucca; recommendations are always most welcome

Thank you Rufus - I'll bear that in mind!

Lucca Sat 08-May-21 12:32:29

Yes I’ve watched grace and Frankie. I think you would enjoy Australian thing called offspring. I loved it.

Rufus2 Sat 08-May-21 12:28:52

'morning Rufus - I'll just have a bag of chips please, what is blue grenadier? Which fish do you favour?
Fanny C. Afraid it's not that simple! Do you want "Small, Medium, or Large Chips"?
Also they don't offer to shake salt and vinegar all over your order like they did in England!
The Order board lists 10 fish varieties all the same price and Blue Grenadier is just one of them, but when you have it fried in batter, as you do, they all taste the same; probably all "Flake" (shark) anyway!
I favour them all so long as it's fresh! grin
I'll let you know when to place your next order!
Not tomorrow though as it's Mother's Day and the place will be packed dealing with Mum's special treats!
Enjoy your porridge! Do you lace it with brown sugar?
OoRoo

nadateturbe Sat 08-May-21 06:16:32

Good morning FannyC and Rufus, although hopefully you've nodded off FannnyC. You're such a cheerful chap Rufus.
I've given up trying to get back to sleep since 3.30am.
We're off today to order a softer mattress for the quieter back bedroom and I'm going to try sleeping there rather than the front one. Fingers crossed!
My daughter has just recommended Frankie and Grace, Lucca. I find Shtisel quite relaxing. And we just watched a little film called Papadopoulos and Sons on iplayer - very light.
Think I'll listen to Tony Blackburn now - I still love 60s music.

Kim19 Sat 08-May-21 05:57:34

Hi Fanny and all who indulge here. Enjoyable nonsense is an excellent description of the Syndicate. Not up to Kay Mellor's usual brilliant standard but colourful and not without heart. Had the good news that my handyman is coming to paint one of my ceilings on Monday. Hallelujah! The ceiling collapsed awhile back and has been replastered. I'll have him back in a few weeks to do the walls once I've done the woodwork myself. Find that somewhat therapeutic even though I hadn't planned it for so soon. Just another joy of property owning! The carpet situation will then be mulled over...... I'm off to check the news and discover more of the election results. Bit of a non event so far it seems to me.