Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Sat 16-Jan-21 06:12:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its sleetish outside here in Brackley at the moment .
Today, possible Laundrette early , watch TV , and maybe later go and get a Chinese Take Away as the evenings are starting to get lighter .
Stay in ,and just see how the day evolves .
Take Care,
Mick

Sparklefizz Sat 16-Jan-21 20:44:54

Scentia How clever you are. That little dress is beautiful. I'm impressed.... and can see that it's made with love.

Scentia Sat 16-Jan-21 20:24:11

I am much more of a practical person, you certainly wouldn’t find me in pendant’s corner, unless I was the perpetrator of course?

Urmstongran Sat 16-Jan-21 19:29:12

Scentia you are so talented.
I can’t thread a needle. Literally.

I had to sew a button on a shirt the other day. The eye of the bluddy needle was so tiny. I squinted. In fact there seemed to be 2 eye holes.

Himself goes down to Sainsbury’s earlier in the week & I say if you see some bigger sewing needles will you get a pack.

He came back up laughing. With more of the same ...
Turns out you’re supposed to rest a length of the cotton across the first hole and press down and push it into the second space which captures it. Duh. Easy when you see the directions on the cardboard packet (I’d discarded the other hence the struggle).

No hope for me.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Jan-21 19:17:52

Beautiful dress scentia I wish I could sew

Stilllearning Sat 16-Jan-21 18:33:20

Lovely dress*Scentia*, talented lady!

Blossoming Sat 16-Jan-21 17:50:47

Auntieflo just popped in to read your update, will keep my fingers crossed for your scan and blood test results, wishing you all the best.

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Jan-21 17:44:11

Blimey Scentia that’s a delight, well done you ??

Susan56 Sat 16-Jan-21 17:43:55

Borrheid, I have seen the film but not read the book.Will add it to my list.

LauraNorder Sat 16-Jan-21 17:27:13

Beautiful little dress Scentia, how very clever.
Good to hear about ‘jabs’ happening everywhere.

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Jan-21 17:19:10

Scentia that is beautiful.

EllanVannin Sat 16-Jan-21 17:16:58

That's so beautiful Scentia. Imagine what you'd pay for a lovely set like that.

Scentia Sat 16-Jan-21 17:12:57

I’ve finished the dress and I am so proud of my efforts. It is a bit rough around the edges but I like it.

Urmstongran Sat 16-Jan-21 12:09:31

Stepfather has just rung me. He’s had his jab. The AZ one. No queue at the health centre. Appointment system very impressive, just one other person being jabbed. Walked straight in he said! All advised not to arrive earlier than appointment time. Next jab 12 weeks.
?

Borrheid55 Sat 16-Jan-21 11:59:49

Susan56 have you read Philomena? Similar story but true. Judi Dench was in the movie. I thought the book was far better. I was so angry by the end of it though. Now we hear 9000+ babies died in these homes.

HAZBEEN Sat 16-Jan-21 11:43:43

Good morning (just) everyone. I haven't read through the thread yet, I will go back over it later, I just wanted to say I slept 6 hours straight last night! If it hadn't been for the fox calling I probably would have slept longer! I feel so much better for the rest at last!
Since then it has been all go here, a Tesco delivery, phonecalls from 2 friends and the postman bringing parcels which I have to hide for OHs 60th later this month (he's my toyboy!)
Might be back later after reading!
Stay safe all.

EllanVannin Sat 16-Jan-21 11:33:47

Auntieflo I've had a PET scan. Nothing to worry or be scared of----it's just boring if you have to have the full body one as it takes a while.

amselerin Sat 16-Jan-21 11:33:00

Good morning to all of you,,
it`s a lovely bright morning here. The sunshine lights up my lounge beautifully. Unfortunately it shines also on all the dust on my floor. So, that was my job this morning. Later I am going to take the dog for a walk in the forest with a friend. We are only allowed one person from another household in our home. It can be a different person every day, though.
Also, all people over 60 years of age are given some medical masks to wear. I would prefer to be given the injection against the virus, but that is a long way of.
I am looking to re-locate to Britain. but that seems impossible at the moment.
I do admire all you people with computor skills. My skills are very basic.
Wishing everyone to stay well( and if you are not well, get better soon) and have a pleasant Saturday.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 16-Jan-21 11:29:23

Good Morning all from dismal chilly Harrogate, it is raining so the snow is slowly being washed away.
Thinking of Auntieflo, Travelsafar and Gilly hope your situtaions are improving.
Scentia That is a beautiful dress! After having my DD in August 1972, I decided I wanted to buy her a dress - all the shops pointed out it was too late they'd had their sales I should have shopped a month ago - I pointed out I didn't know I was having a girl then!!

DD1 called round to go for a walk with DH and dog, she has volunteered to pick up my shopping from Sainsburies. Should have baked this am, but since I didn't have my delivery on Thursday, no can do!

Sounds like you are keeping as busy as ever Marydoll

Look after yourselves and stay safe, folks!

Nannagarra Sat 16-Jan-21 11:26:22

Good morning from a cold and damp Sefton coast. Supply of electricity is now normal so the only excitement for today is a delivery from Asda this evening.
Thinking of everyone with troubles, worries and problems. Have the best day possible. x

LauraNorder Sat 16-Jan-21 11:24:01

Straight to the end to say good morning Mick and all from sunny Anglesey. Gosh I have slept soundly for eleven hours. Phew, feel very groggy but should be a ball of energy once I get going.
Will now go back and read about all your doings.
Wishing for a good day for all

Litterpicker Sat 16-Jan-21 11:16:22

Good morning from wet and windy-looking West Sussex (by the sea). Zoom Pilates this morning. Impossible (for me) side plank thing. I should practise more during the week.
Marmalade making started yesterday so continue today - great smell so lifts the spirits.
Thinking of all those having a hard time.

gillgran Sat 16-Jan-21 11:09:43

Good Morning to you all from a very wet Cambs., we didn't get the snow that was forecast.
I like to see the posts from NfkD, & other Norfolk posters, to keep up with weather & news.
We are missing our little home-from-home on the NW Norfolk coast, although we only do check-up visits in the winter. fingers crossed that we are able to get there in the spring.

Pleased that more of you are getting your vaccine, our area starts next week, we will have to travel about 12 miles to the centre that are doing them, DH should get his late Jan.,/early Feb., & me by mid-Feb., ( if they run late, I will have jumped into the next age group..!!)

I was delighted yesterday to see the first sighting of snowdrops in the garden, I did have to squelch over the lawn, our garden was flooded just before Christmas & is still saturated.

Thinking of all with extra problems, cares & worries. flowers

Take Care Folk.

GrannyOwl5 Sat 16-Jan-21 11:09:17

Good morning everyone from north Kent. We had a thin covering of snow earlier but it has now turned to rain ☔️

Not much planned for today; disturbed night as the road outside our house was being repaired and resurfaced during the night. They finished about half past two this morning after a lot of machinery trundling about under bright flashing lights. Supposed to be back tonight.

Welcome to all the newbies and a ? to MawB.

Your beach picnic sounds wonderful Grandmafrench; will think of you as I stare out of the window at the rain bouncing off the road.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe

BlueSapphire Sat 16-Jan-21 11:08:42

Thank you Ash, I had been searching for it and wondered which forum it was under.

Ashcombe Sat 16-Jan-21 10:57:26

BlueSapphire: here’s the link to my thread:-

www.gransnet.com/forums/relationships/1290318-Who-Gave-Birth-In-The-Hard-Winter-Of-78-79