Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(94 Posts)
12Michael Fri 19-Feb-21 06:20:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but remains dry here in Brackley tis morning .
Yesterday, felt a little under the weather , so took paracetamols, to ease it.
Also had my re appointment for my jab which will be the phizer one , a week tomorrow .
Plus more cardiac appointments, still not a 100% but I getting there with the lockdown, the need to actually go out apart from a small shop at a steady pace.
Mick

Beauregard Fri 19-Feb-21 10:59:52

Sorry to hear the sad news about your brother Auntieflo flowers
Hope your biopsy brings encouraging results.

Mapleleaf Fri 19-Feb-21 10:53:37

Good morning all,

It's a rather grey, blustery day today in South Yorkshire, with intermittent rain blowing in the breeze. It doesn't feel too cold, though, just yet.

So pleased that Iris us doing well, grandMattie and that you are feeling brighter today, too. I think we all have those days when we feel really down and useless, but you e had a lot on your mind, compounded by lockdown.

Hope those ewes behave themselves, sheepandcattle. it certainly looks as if you have a very busy time ahead.

Marydoll take it easy today ?. You, too, Mick.

I sure I've missed posters out with worries and concerns, but to you all I hope that today brings you a little comfort.

Take care.

Auntieflo Fri 19-Feb-21 10:53:20

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
To all our missing posters, will you come back soon?
I had my bone biopsy yesterday, and was nervous and apprehensive, but it was fine. I must have had lots of local anaesthetic, as I only felt the slightest of twinges.
The worst part was lying on my stomach. When you go to a physio, there is a hole for your face, but not on this scanner bed, and I ended up with a sore neck.
But, I had some bad news. My brother, who went into hospital on Sunday, had died on Wed. morning. Sleep-tight bro.
DH is going shopping , it will be interesting to see what he comes back with!

I am going to have a very lazy day, and do nothing, just like GrandMattie. See below.
Sending best wishes to her and Iris the brave, and also to Marydoll, and all others who are porly.

Q. What are you doing today?
A. Nothing.
Q. But you did that yesterday.
A. I know but I haven’t finished.

Have a good day one and all.

hulahoop Fri 19-Feb-21 10:49:16

A damp morning here in West Yorkshire .nothing much happening today. We saw some lovely snowdrops and some yellow flowers just opening I am not a gardener so not sure what they were but it's good to see them tells us spring is just around the corner .sending ? for all feeling under the weather .

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 19-Feb-21 10:48:55

sheepandcattle I'm always amazed at the personalities of different animals, I never had pets as a child. As a family our main pet was a guinea pig who developed quite a personality, he learned he could open a door (providing it wasn't shut properly) by grabbing the bottom with his teeth, this way he escaped to parts of the house he wasn't meant to go. He was often in trouble. In his hutch in the porch, we didn't need a doorbell, he'd scream if someone came to the door and didn't pet him. He was a real eye-opener!!

Greyduster Fri 19-Feb-21 10:43:42

ExD is quintuplets a nun usual occurrence in sheep? I’ve only ever seen three at the most!

Happyme Fri 19-Feb-21 10:40:48

Morning from my grey windy corner of Cumbria. Took this photo yesterday of our first sighting of lambs this year. Sorry not a good photo but they wouldn't stand still!
Love hearing everyone's tales, always read at some time during the day but often too late to post.
Not much planned here today, we had our jabs last week and intended to hibernate for at least two weeks to allow those anti bodies to get supercharged but have decided on a late night forage around Aldi ....have run out of chocolate and their turkish delight is yummy.
Best wishes to all for a good day....or as a good a day as possible.

Grannyme6 Fri 19-Feb-21 10:37:24

Good morning all from mid Essex, good to see you simtib.
Had a lengthy FT with DD and DGD this morning- has set me up for the day.
Best wishes to all on this lovely thread.

gillgran Fri 19-Feb-21 10:32:31

Good Morning to you all from a dull, dry, (at the moment!), Cambs.,
Thrilled to see the colour showing on our first 2 daffodils, the first of many hopefully.
The snowdrops are still looking great. The garden was waterlogged just before Christmas & is still very wet, so we were worried that the bulbs would rot before they flowered.

I'm looking forward to a family zoom chat tomorrow, it's my birthday, ( I can't believe I'll be 3/4 of a century old...!!!).

Warm wishes to you all, especially those with extra problems & pain. flowers.

Take Care Folks

Blossoming Fri 19-Feb-21 10:31:20

Good morning all from a cloudy milder Lancashire. I think we’ll have some showers today as I can see clouds heading our way from the direction of Pendle and I can’t actually see any hills. I was able to get out for a walk yesterday without a coat, but I did have a thick fleecy hoody and a cashmere beanie to keep me warm. It rained before I got home, but it was only a light shower so didn’t get wet. Today’s exciting agenda is putting out the recycling, changing a shower curtain, making a huge slow cooker chilli and (fingers crossed) another walk. I feel so much better when I’m able to get out, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Mr. B is working in the garden and shed, we have an electrician coming tomorrow to install power points and lights and reconnect the outdoor cable.

Glad to see Urmstongran is on the up and people seem brighter today. Take care all.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 19-Feb-21 10:17:01

Good Morning all from damp Harrogate. We shall be taking the car out for a spin this am, not particular aim with it, but we will be out!!
I would have loved a metal detector for the garden of our last house which had a good sized garden. I'd already dug up some old pharmacy bottles, but DH thought it would ruin his lawn of which he was very proud.
There is an awful lot of suffering going on with GN posters, a lot are missing - I miss you all, please come back.
Look after yourselves, stay well, be safe!

Grandmafrench Fri 19-Feb-21 10:15:58

Forsythia

Good morning from Surrey where today it’s dry but windy. We had our jabs yesterday and by the evening i felt really tired and achey. Today, much the same but hope to blow the cobwebs away later with a gentle walk.
Wishing good wishes to all and hope you have a good day wherever you are.

If you’re new, please don’t be offended but I wanted to say, my Doctor always said if you’ve had an injection - or even if you haven’t - you should listen to a body that is unusually tired and achey and don’t push yourself. Just wanted to say enjoy your day and please take care of yourself? ?‍♀️

BlueSapphire Fri 19-Feb-21 10:13:04

A late good morning from a grey and windy Northampton.

Just looked at my phone as I was about to write this when I noticed a missed call from DS - for some reason my phone didn't ring, so checked the settings and they're all ok. So called him back and have just had a long chat. As usual there is always some underlying reason why he calls, bless him! This time he managed to tear his coat while out walking the dog, and "Mum, will you mend it please?" So he may have a walk down later with the dog and younger DGD to drop it off in the front porch. So we shall have a chat through the front door glass.

His partner and elder DGD have gone down on the train to the Swedish Embassy in London to renew DGD's passport. DD-in-law is Swedish and wanted both girls to have Swedish nationality, as well as British. There is still family in Sweden, and before Covid were frequent visitors.

Nothing else planned for today, just the usual stuff. I had better get my skates on and get showered and dressed before DS appears at the door!

Take care and stay safe everyone. Shall pop in later and read everyone's posts.

CherryCezzy Fri 19-Feb-21 09:58:11

Good morning everyone from the Gower. It's a grizzly grey damp morning here.

I plodded downstairs at a reasonable hour this morning, made a cuppa and took it back upstairs to luxuriate with it in bed. I fell back to sleep ?. Useless! Oh for a pint of energy, a few drops would help ?. I need to buy a back up generator I think because the one I've got isn't much cop!
Another day today. That's the agenda. Mission will be accomplished.

Take care everyone ? ??

simtib Fri 19-Feb-21 09:54:56

Morning all from here in North Essex. Just looked at the weather forecast and feeling happier as looks like spring is starting next week and with luck we should be allowed out a bit more to enjoy it. Just hope the ground dries out so that I can walk with out my boot weighing a ton with all the mud.

Urmstongran Fri 19-Feb-21 09:44:47

Really glad to hear you enjoyed your M&S shop annsixty. Will have done you good and as they say, a change is as good as a rest.

ExD Fri 19-Feb-21 09:43:13

Good morning from Cumbria where its a dark damp morning but not too cold. I read somewhere that it was a good thing to have reactions after an injection because if showed your system was reacting well and your body producing antibodies.
I'm in a bit of a quandary about my carpal tunnel problem, I've had an injection to temporarily relieve the pain but this has worn off after 3 months, and I need another. As I'm on the waiting list for surgery I can't have another within 3 months of that, but can I find out how long I'll have to wait - can I thump!
it's soo difficult to type with pins and needles fingers. Still, as DH says - it won't kill me!
We've come to a break in our lambing cycle, although with several lambs needing bottles the late night/early morning routine continues, especially with the quintuplets who's mum hasn't enough milk.

EkwaNimitee Fri 19-Feb-21 09:39:54

Good morning Mick and everyone. I woke to a wet and windy day here on the Cumbrian coast but currently it’s showing signs of drying and brightening up. I might be able to plant up pots with the primroses I bought yesterday after all.
I might also clean a window or two inside. Two days ago I finally got window cleaners to do the outside. Two gents did the whole bungalow in the time it would take me to do one window! Yet they were sparkling. They reckoned they hadn’t been done in a twelvemonth. (Not not done by me, I am in a let!) It has been like looking through grey net curtains.
The rest of the day will be admin and reading etc and trying to keep mobile...I don’t move about enough and that’s not good in the long term.
I had a call from DS2 yesterday, from Sydney, where it appears life is more or less normal. Full of envy!
Well, I hope everyone has as good a day as possible, we are slowly getting there.

muse Fri 19-Feb-21 09:38:02

Good Morning. Grey and windy here too in Cornwall. Back from quick trot with Mya. 4th clear night for her and she's wolfed her dry food + a bit of scrambled egg down just now.

Bad night's sleep. Got about 2 hours.

We were Pfizered Mick. Neither of us had side effects. An achey arm for a day that's all. There's bound to be someone but I've yet to hear of anyone with side effects from the pfizer vaccine.

S&C Lovely June, Bless her. We have sheep in the field by our track. Looking forward to seeing the lambs. Mya can never take her eye off them.

GM I'm sure the removal will go well. You sound like you had a similar removal before. Is it followed quickly by a replacement? Good to here about Iris. Good luck with yours next week Marydoll. Last week's delivery is probably lurking in the back of the fridge.

Urm A good sleep works wonders. I expect I'll be nodding this afternoon to make up for lost sleep last night.

Take care everyone.

annsixty Fri 19-Feb-21 09:35:00

Good morning all.
It is windy and very dull in Stockport.
The usual “not much today” but my cleaner is coming later this morning, she wasn’t well yesterday.
I don’t enjoy it when she is here, I love the clean house when she has been.
My Daughter out law took me to M&S simply food on Wednesday afternoon, first time in nearly a year.
I was like a child in a sweet shop, at last we have some different meals, online shopping means samey meals.
I must get going and get dressed.
So pleased Iris may be home and kindest thoughts to all not in the brightest of spirits.
“Tomorrow will be a good day”

polomint Fri 19-Feb-21 09:29:10

Good morning from central scotland. A very wet, wild and windy day. I dont like wind at all so no walk for me today. Take care

grannysyb Fri 19-Feb-21 09:18:18

Good morning all from Teddington, up late as I slept in. Spent most of yesterday in bed as I had a migraine, not had one for a long time. Still feeling slightly left over. Glad to hear Iris is going home. Hope the lambs start to appear soon. That is one lovely puppy, the expression on the older dogs face is priceless! Hope everyone has the best day possible.

Nannagarra Fri 19-Feb-21 09:15:43

Good morning from the Sefton coast.
I have been toying with the idea of cycling to DS2’s house to post an ‘enjoy your new home’ card but as it’s quite blustery here the possibility of being forcefully blown in one direction and given an extreme workout in the other doesn’t appeal!
grandMattie, it’s lovely to hear such uplifting news of Iris. I hope you too are feeling better today. May I join in the collective hug from GNers; it is so richly and rightly deserved.
Although I haven’t specifically mentioned individual grans with worries and troubles they are in my thoughts.
On a lighter note, where is the Warburtons Warrior, the Crumpet Queen, the Felines’ Friend? Maybe she’s written this morning. As I haven’t yet read today’s posts I might be in for a treat.
It’s so heartening to see the growing number of ‘yes please to the vax, we’re getting there, we can see freedom’ brigade. ?

Anniebach Fri 19-Feb-21 09:03:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannySomerset Fri 19-Feb-21 09:00:10

Red Letter day today - weekly trip to Tesco! How on earth did it come to this?

Grey but looks dry though the forecast suggests a lot of rain in the next few days, but at least we are not frozen.

Great news about Iris, sorry Marydoll is still suffering, love the farming update and hope for a good enough day. Thinking of the much missed EV and of all with pain and worries.