Gransnet forums

Chat

Where do you keep your everyday handbag?

(37 Posts)
EllanVannin Sun 07-Mar-21 11:12:32

By my side. Keys in a separate place as is the purse.

Hetty58 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:09:16

I gave up handbags decades ago. We don't really need them. (There's just one, for weddings, when I can't cram things into my pockets.) Aren't they outdated/old fashioned?

What on Earth do people fill them with? I'd really like to know - the contents would be interesting.

In my coat pockets, there's tissues, door keys, doggie bags and my debit card - nothing else is needed.

In the summer, these things go in jean pockets instead.

Millie22 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:08:35

GrannyGravy

Larsonsmum Sun 07-Mar-21 11:08:23

Always with me, taken from room to room. I am usually into it for diary, notebook, (yes largely still a 'paper' girl!), phone or something else every 15 minutes!!

Blossoming Sun 07-Mar-21 11:07:57

Good point GG13. Fortunately my valuables and personal documents are safety locked away,

Millie22 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:05:57

Yes I thought the same.

Blossoming Sun 07-Mar-21 11:04:18

I don’t have an everyday handbag. I don’t go out often enough to need one ?. My bags are in a storage box under the bed. I have a see through plastic pouch with wallet and other necessities in a bedroom drawer and I just pop it into whichever bag I’m using when I go out. It means I don’t forget so many things when changing bags.

My plastic pouch now contains a disposable face mask and a small bottle of hand sanitizer, how times have changed!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:03:52

Was going to say where I keep my handbag, then thought better of it as this is after all a public site.

Be careful ladies ???

muse Sun 07-Mar-21 11:01:36

Hung on the end of a row of hooks by the door. Coat goes over the top. At the moment a scarf is on the hook too.

Before I moved house and county, I took my bag to bed with me. Had a break in one night. After that an alarm was fitted.

timetogo2016 Sun 07-Mar-21 10:59:24

Always at the side of me.
When i`m in the lounge it`s at the side of me and the same in the bedroom.
It`s never in the kitchen or bathroom.

Sara1954 Sun 07-Mar-21 10:56:31

No, always come straight in and hang it on a hook in the kitchen, with my keys.

SophieBookupied Sun 07-Mar-21 10:55:05

Where do you keep your everyday handbag when at home? Which room? On the floor or resting on something or hanging from something? Different place at night than during the day?