Gransnet forums

Chat

Annoying advertisements

(44 Posts)
BlueBelle Sat 13-Mar-21 09:58:29

I ve got to admit I blank out during most of them I wouldn’t have a clue what half of them are about I don’t think I ve seen the super noodle one, sounds bizarre, I hate the teeth cleaning one with a donkey talking, can’t stand the Carol vordaman or the Debbie McGee with her ‘I m glad we ve had our little talk aren’t you’ I want to hit her (not really I m not a violent person) I hate all the personal wee period and dry vagina ones yuk yuk ...

I don’t think I have ever bought anything because of an advert
Cant stand any of them

honeyrose Sat 13-Mar-21 09:49:37

The one about a denture fixative. An elegant lady with an insincere smile, biting into a crispy green apple and saying “now you can enjoy your evenings”. For goodness sake .....!

mamaa Sat 13-Mar-21 09:44:50

Jane Macdonald advertising Royale Homes...would be more believable if she lived in one as she's in the age bracket grin. Do they have a Royale Life park in Wakefield I wonder?

Lilypops Sat 13-Mar-21 09:40:03

Eamonn Holmes advising on Equity Release. It can be the worst thing homeowners could do.

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Mar-21 09:38:13

cornishpatsy

The ad for Parsley Box makes me cringe and certainly would not encourage me to buy the awful looking meals that you keep in a cupboard.

Sticky toffee pudding!? hmm

Awful, isn't it.

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Mar-21 09:36:17

The beardy bloke lipsynching to something about 'having a good feeling'. So much gurning.

And for yet more gurning, strained sinews and eyebrow contortions - the Plus Net Peter Kay wannabe.

Carol Vorderman envy selling bloody life insurance and trying to look sincere.

Shinamae Sat 13-Mar-21 09:30:51

Daisy daisy Marc Jacobs and anything with Philip Schofield

sodapop Sat 13-Mar-21 09:28:09

I hate the donkey/noodle one as well notsooldat75 so stupid and irritating.
Perf with Surf is a close second on my hit list.

I do like the bulldog going down the slide, always makes me smile.

nanna8 Fri 12-Mar-21 23:13:48

I hate nearly all of them here. The Aldi ones are better than most but the Australian standard of ads is dire and far too many of them.

crazyH Fri 12-Mar-21 22:48:42

But the one I love is the Natiowide advert ...”oh no, he’s turned up again” ?

Mollygo Fri 12-Mar-21 22:44:21

cornishpatsy

The ad for Parsley Box makes me cringe and certainly would not encourage me to buy the awful looking meals that you keep in a cupboard.

I’ve never seen the ad, but strangely I received a letter today, addressed to me personally, with all the Parsley Box adverts in it.
A special offer of 10 of our ‘best selling’ meals for £20. As I don’t like any of their ‘best selling’ meals, I won’t be using the offer.

tanith Fri 12-Mar-21 22:29:03

All advertisements annoy me?

hulahoop Fri 12-Mar-21 22:21:46

Snap Notsoold I don't get it either ?

NotTooOld Fri 12-Mar-21 22:14:43

I hate the one about clean bottoms and the Marc Jacobs Daisy Daisy perfume one.

grandmajet Fri 12-Mar-21 22:11:11

Perf with surf.
Noooooo!

Lexisgranny Fri 12-Mar-21 21:49:03

Without doubt, the Surf advertisement with Dani Dyer.

cornishpatsy Fri 12-Mar-21 21:41:14

mokryna Fri 12-Mar-21 21:36:36

I know you are picking out a certain advert but I wish all gambling advertisements were forbidden, they cause so much misery.

Notsooldat75 Fri 12-Mar-21 21:31:31

Is anyone else annoyed by certain advertisements?
I am particularly bewildered and maddened by the Supernoodle one, why has the poor woman got a donkey on her back? And the final yell of “Tasteeeeeeeeeeeeeee” is dreadful.
Definitely puts me off ever buying the product, but I’ll ring an animal charity first and get that donkey rescued!