Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(86 Posts)
Gagagran Mon 29-Mar-21 07:20:29

Apparently the beautiful moon I saw during the night is known as a Worm Moon. Just read that! We learn something new every day.

Dwmxwg Mon 29-Mar-21 07:19:11

Good morning all from north Surrey, we too are promised a few warm days.
Just had message to say DGS2 test was negative so one less thing to worry about. From the anxious start to the day we ended up having a lovely lunch with DD and boys. DD was telling us “dad jokes”, the 9year old was giggling so much but the 6 year old didn’t get many of them, really highlighted the difference in their age group comprehension.
With restrictions lifted, DH is off for a walk with 5 friends, it had been a regular Monday meet up with pub lunch too so it will be great for them to get together again after so long. DH is a much more social person than I so will do him good to have male company.
I will walk the dog, do a few exercises and some phone calls before my late shift.
Take care all and hope the sunshine brings a smile to your face

Sar53 Mon 29-Mar-21 07:15:00

Good morning from Essex by the sea where we are due to have lots of sun over the next few days.
We are off to B&Q this morning, DH wants to buy a sander, then a quick trip to Lidl for bread and milk.
Lovely for some to be able to meet up outside with family members, unfortunately my daughters live too far away. It will be May/June before I can see them, I cannot wait.
Enjoy your Monday and find that ?. Love to all xx

Ashcombe Mon 29-Mar-21 07:08:41

Gagagran: I love that poem and still remember it, having had to learn it by heart in primary school. I’m glad you told the fridge its fortune! These things have to know who's boss!

Apologies to EkwaNimitee for misspelling your name! ?

Gagagran Mon 29-Mar-21 06:58:47

Morning all from a very grey and cloudy (from what I can see of it) south coast. 9.2c though, so I am hoping for the nice warm day we have been told to expect.

When I got up to go to the bathroom at 2am I thought the light had been left on but it was the most brilliant moon shining in. Really lovely. Reminded me of the Walter de la Mare poem "Slowly, silently, now the the moon walks the night in her silver shoon...."

DGD1 is due back from university today and we are hoping that she calls in to see us in the garden, as she has promised she will. It will be a great tonic for her Grandad to see her smiling face. She was a faithful visitor to see him in his 5 weeks in hospital last summer.

DD borrowed our old, garage fridge yesterday for the third time in as many weeks. Their giant American-style one had conked out again despite being mended twice before by the accredited engineer. They are giving up on it now and ordering a replacement. Meanwhile our 20+ year old, battered, spare, from the garage, used to store soft drinks, keeps performing. I have warned it that it will be off to the tip if it stops!

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

grandMattie Mon 29-Mar-21 06:48:59

Good morning from bright E Kent. Late posting this morning, the time change has messed up my internal clock.
The forecast is for a heady 15 deg. What does one wear?
What news of little Louis ?
Just cleaning today. Is the first stage of “release” going to change my life? No!
Hope today is going to be kind to all. ??????

Beechnut Mon 29-Mar-21 06:42:01

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is wet and dreary.

I couldn’t see anything wrong with your quilt Scentia. It’s lovely.

I’ve a tip run booked for later, a prescription to do and will take the day as it comes.

Take care all with health and worries. I won’t single anyone out as there are a few ?

Ashcombe Mon 29-Mar-21 06:40:25

Good morning Mick and all you early risers from a dry (and dark!) Torbay. I hope everyone has adjusted to the new time even though it seemed to be a problem for the GN site yesterday morning. Thank you for taking the plunge, Beechnut, when it was back on track. It has become a welcome part of the morning routine for so many of us.

I smiled about the cornflour/custard powder confusion, Beechnut. As a teenager, my DD1 worked in Little Thief, next door to Burglar Thing (so named by current DH!). One day whilst preparing a dessert, she used paprika in mistake for cinnamon! Oops!

The Bahrain GP was exciting but I won’t spoil it by mentioning names in case any of you still wish to watch it. A good start to the season.

Reading back through yesterday's GM thread, I see many had roast chicken yesterday. I chose salmon as a friend was due to ring at 8.00p.m. so I needed something easy between Zooming with DH and speaking to her.

I hope everyone starts the week feeling refreshed especially Marydoll after her event over the w/e, also muse with sciatica. Lovely photos, Alygran and the one from grandMattie. No doubt your walk with bereaved friend, dragonfly46 brought comfort to her. Take care not to overdo it, EkwaNintee. Check to see if your removers bring cardboard “wardrobes” to save you some packing.

DD2 due to phone soon on her journey to work as we didn’t catch up yesterday. Make the most of these sunny days being forecast!? ☀️⛅️?

Pantglas2 Mon 29-Mar-21 06:28:32

Good morning Mick and Scentia - here I am with my ? and ☕️ From a very windy north Wales where I’ve just put the bins out - our chaps come very early some weeks and this could be one of them!

Was going to post yesterday but the gremlins kibboshed that as we were out later so will read about all your bizzinesses and pop back x

Scentia Mon 29-Mar-21 06:19:32

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels mild.
Some lovely weather for us over the next few days.
I will be going into the factory this morning to do some deliveries and have a bit of a clear out of the shelves, I will only stay until everything is in as we have no work at the moment. Hope that doesn’t last long!
I am having done friends over on Good Friday if it stays dry for an Easter Egg hunt some hot cross buns and just a bit of beer!
I do hope everyone makes the most of the good weather we are expecting and gets out and about.
Try to find a smile today, if that is too hard for you, please try not to cry?

12Michael Mon 29-Mar-21 06:08:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start but looks dry out there in Brackley this morning.
Today , small shop early , then some housework , lunch, a nap ,as no cycling on TV until midweek nothing much.
I am looking forward towards the coming days , when I will local travel in a way on the buses , and hopefully see people I have not seen since late last year .
Take Care ,
Mick